Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:22 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
Wow. We did go through one house FOUR times. The fourth time another couple and their realtor were walking through at the same time. We ranted and raved about the house and location and said we were considering it......they went strait back and made an offer immediately! I can laugh about it now....my DH says the whole time he was thinking, "Would you just shut up!"

But hey, I helped sell the house!

Dawn
After your appointment with DMenscha I could use your help lol! Hey you could have a whole new career going here !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 11:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Maybe you all have something going here...sign me up!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:09 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Wow what an idea for a career!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:41 AM

33 posts, read 175,910 times
Probably someone else will make an offer on your house soon and then the 10 times couple will be really upset that they didn't buy it.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 AM

22 posts, read 56,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melsky View Post
Probably someone else will make an offer on your house soon and then the 10 times couple will be really upset that they didn't buy it.
I sure hope so! We had a Realtor call our Realtor wondering if we'd take an offer with a contingency a few days ago. Unfortunately, the buyers don't have a contract on their house yet and we feel it's too risky to put a contingency on our house in that situation. Hopefully they will accept an offer soon on theirs so they can buy ours!

Old 08-30-2008, 10:56 PM

939 posts, read 3,386,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninwashington View Post
Our house has a lock box on it and we moved out of state about 7 weeks ago. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, a certain couple with their Realtor have been in and out of our house around 10 times! My Realtor was double checking the log yesterday. She said a couple of times they went in and out twice in the same day. This is the same couple that has said that they love the house and are just trying to decide between ours and another one. They also had a friend in construction come and inspect it last week. Their Realtor did not mention anything that they found when our Realtor talked to her after that. They are on vacation for the next week and we've now been told they are leaning toward the other house. Why on earth have they tracked through ours nearly 10 times then?! Seems a might bit excessive to me. Thank goodness we aren't living there but I want to know what they are looking at so many times. Looks like I'm going to need to send someone over to vacuum!
Your not from Philadelphia are you?

6abc.com: From the Philadelphia news leader: Renters scammed by phony landlord 8/28/08

Old 08-31-2008, 11:39 AM

23,870 posts, read 33,581,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninwashington View Post
Our house has a lock box on it and we moved out of state about 7 weeks ago. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, a certain couple with their Realtor have been in and out of our house around 10 times! My Realtor was double checking the log yesterday. She said a couple of times they went in and out twice in the same day. This is the same couple that has said that they love the house and are just trying to decide between ours and another one. They also had a friend in construction come and inspect it last week. Their Realtor did not mention anything that they found when our Realtor talked to her after that. They are on vacation for the next week and we've now been told they are leaning toward the other house. Why on earth have they tracked through ours nearly 10 times then?! Seems a might bit excessive to me. Thank goodness we aren't living there but I want to know what they are looking at so many times. Looks like I'm going to need to send someone over to vacuum!
Not for nothing and you seem to be taking this pretty well but I'm not sure I'd like this.

For one, the agent is freely letting themselves in. Does it say on your contract that your agent will be called for showings to be set up? The fact that your agent doesn't even know people are going in and out of it is scary. I assume you have insurance on the house still? What if someone got hurt or something was damaged and no one knew anyone was even visiting the house?

As for bringing in someone to inspect it, shouldn't that have been ok'd by your agent 1st? I know I wouldn't want anyone inspecting my house without me knowing.

Good luck. It has to be hard on you not living there.. and I don't doubt this agent is taking advantage of you actually not living in the house. If you were there, they wouldn't be looking at it as much.

fwiw, I do think you need someone to check the house regularly. What if someone tries the stove and doesn't turn the knob all of the way?

Old 08-31-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not for nothing and you seem to be taking this pretty well but I'm not sure I'd like this.

For one, the agent is freely letting themselves in. Does it say on your contract that your agent will be called for showings to be set up? The fact that your agent doesn't even know people are going in and out of it is scary. I assume you have insurance on the house still? What if someone got hurt or something was damaged and no one knew anyone was even visiting the house?

As for bringing in someone to inspect it, shouldn't that have been ok'd by your agent 1st? I know I wouldn't want anyone inspecting my house without me knowing.

Good luck. It has to be hard on you not living there.. and I don't doubt this agent is taking advantage of you actually not living in the house. If you were there, they wouldn't be looking at it as much.

fwiw, I do think you need someone to check the house regularly. What if someone tries the stove and doesn't turn the knob all of the way?
There is a lock box so agents can go in without calling. They have to punch in a code and it records who entered the house. My agent goes over there to check it a couple times a week at least plus after any showings that contacted her. We also have a neighbor that is looking after the house and another one we are paying to take care of the yard. The potential buyers did let us know they wanted their friend to inspect the construction of the home and we were ok with that. They found a couple of nail pops that we had forgotten to fix *gasp* b/c the house is only 2.5 yrs old and so they were worried about the dry wall. We knew there was probably nothing concerning about it and we wanted an offer from them, so we okayed it. Our Realtor asked the other Realtor how it went and she said it was fine. Too bad there's still no offer in hand, though! It has been amazingly ridiculous for sure.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGlenn View Post
Wow, that's crazy. There's no way that could fly with our house. We have a few different people, including our Realtor over there at least once or twice a week.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:48 AM

2,119 posts, read 3,713,576 times
This is just me, but I always learn something new the second go 'round. We visited the short sale home we had an offer on three times. I know it's not ten times, but three is a good amount, IMO.

Second time, my husband wanted to get a better look at the windows and sliders in the sun room. Third time, he wanted to be in the back yard after dinner when the western exposure sun would be at its peak.

Our visits were legit and I hope we didn't inconvenience the owners. We put an offer in, but the short sale drama of the realtors was just too much for us so we withdrew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate