Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 03:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
LorrieM-Go to "Go Advanced" and all the little icons are there.

Thanx for the compliment - I'm just resigned that when it happens it will.
You are welcome I just hate whining when it is not necessary since it brings everyone down. I am not saying not to complain because we all had or have a reason to do that So complaine away everyone these are hard time but whining is for everyone to feel sorry for that person and to me that is not the way to go about getting any answer you might need. It is only a way for people to feel sorry for you. In my opinion only.

Where is advanced? I found advanced blogs but I know that is not it.

Last edited by lorriem; 09-26-2008 at 03:30 PM..

Old 09-26-2008, 03:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
When you post-see the rectangle next to "post quick reply"-hit "go advanced".

Old 09-26-2008, 04:02 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
Raising3boys, I am in the process of getting the humble abode ready. Replacing this, removing that and updating somethings. I am a little apprehensive about the whole selling process but I figure why not. I haven't even decided where I want to move as of yet. Mountains, coastal, rural or urban? Any suggestions?

I hope this came out okay cuz I am typing while standing on my head.

Have a great day.
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the upside down post...it's working, we have a showing tomorrow, the first one in a month. Why are you moving from where you are?

Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 PM

Thanks.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 PM

336 posts, read 864,490 times
Lorrie and Judy hang in there ladies.... is going to be alright. I know its hard to not focus on the media...but just stay focused and optimistic because things happen when you least expect them to happen!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Sykes is right..the media could screw up a one car funeral Pay no mind to them and you'll be happier...I know I know, easier said than done!

oops hubby is home , no more playing

Old 09-26-2008, 05:12 PM

33 posts, read 48,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Joe,

Thanks for the upside down post...it's working, we have a showing tomorrow, the first one in a month. Why are you moving from where you are?
Tambre, Congats on the showing . Been in one place too long, maybe. Not sure. Kind of got the urge to expeience another timezone, weather zone. Just in the planning stages right now. Still haven't figured out beach, mountains, rural or urban. Guess I see what the economy does, how hard areas are hit.

Time to bump and grind out of here for now.

I highly recommend upside down typing.

Have a good day.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hey Joe!
I was coming back to tell you about not OVERdoing it. Stuff like, you might not want to do granite, solid wood floors...stuff that would not be in keeping with the *norm* for your neighborhood. If you get too carried away with updates/upgrades you are liable to lose money. IMO the main things are a clean, neat, uncluttered house. Organized closets and cabinets.
darn it I gotta get off here. I will be back!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Hey everyone, I see congrats our in order for our dear Brook, YAHOOO!!!! That is truely wonderful. Now who will be next???? Only on for a min. threw out the back unloading a big shop vac, thought the stupid thing was empty but nnnoooppppe it was full! Didn't know till I hanked on it. Anyone out of the blue comes they see my butt laid up, heheh. No NOT MOONING.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey Joe!
I was coming back to tell you about not OVERdoing it. Stuff like, you might not want to do granite, solid wood floors...stuff that would not be in keeping with the *norm* for your neighborhood. If you get too carried away with updates/upgrades you are liable to lose money. IMO the main things are a clean, neat, uncluttered house. Organized closets and cabinets.
darn it I gotta get off here. I will be back!!!
Joe crazyma is right do not overdo. When we were selling our home I wanted to do something to our kitchen update it a bit. Our realtor told me leave it like it is your homes compitition does not warrent granite but we did have vinyl wood like plank floors in the kitchen already. They in my opinion are better then wood. We have three dogs and you could never see a scratch. If you need to do something you might want to check that out in Home Depot or Lowes. But I would not put a penny into the house and like crazyma says declutter, clean and organize. It worked for us. Good luck and don't overthink how to sell your home. It will sell and good curb appeal helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate