Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times

Advertisements

Thanks Lacey for the heads up! I hope you get a showing soon. Isn't your agent holding open houses? I would push for that.

Kristine, you're right that stress is not good for the baby, and that is the most important thing. Yeah I think maybe I am still a little emotionally attached. You have a good attitude though and it's gonna work out!

Well guy countered last night and we let our agent know our counter offer through email and just have to go sign later on. If he accepts we got better than our agent proposed on our own. Every little dollar helps! He didn't ask for anything special like closing costs, has great credit, chunk to put down etc. so it's looking real good. Our agent is still holding an open for us this Sunday.

I can't believe this may be happening so fast.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
GoldD-wow and sounds great.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Nj, That sucks. Makes you wonder what people are looking for, doesn't it. Another example of them not reading a listing prior to looking. Like hey there Jacko it is 2600 not 4850! Hang in there I swear things are looking better for all of us. Look at all the months with no showings and now....
thanks Painter, Hammy Crazyma Lacey and everyone else! Yea, they cannot seem to read. We get the riff raff now that housing prices are so low LMAO! Ugh.

Ugh.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
We met with our builder 1 1/2 yrs ago, got price of building a house. had house appraised year ago, knew approx. selling price. met with Co. realtor 10 months ago, knew prices of land and what to look at. on our honeymoon. yes, we went on our honeymoon to waste time with a realtor. we looked at and fell in love w/ 160,000$ property, which we said we'd get when we sold. since then spent many days and nights looking at property online, keeping in touch with Co realtor.
now, we get ready to meet with new realtor to relist our house, restart all this, and he tells me, we cant afford to build the house. we can only afford $80,000 property. he knew this 1 1/2 yrs ago. why did we look at 160k prop? why did he increase sq. footage of our designed log home? now, its a small log home, nothing fancy, not my thing. just enough so that resale would be decent. in fact, now that i remember, i wnated it only 2 bedroom, HE added the 3rd bedroom. he tells me, well we can buy a house. are you Fing for real? i said that MONTHS ago!!! i said let's start out even cheaper, save $$, buy a house that needs work. i said lets not go for the big property.
what the hell was he thinking. even the price we had last year was not enough to buy what we planned. even if we sold at asking price. there was no way it wouldve happened.
he says he told me the numbers. there was no way. its obviouse it doesnt add up.
STOY!
I am so sorry you are going through this.

Hammy- any morning sickies yet ? lol I know it's early though....

LAcey- are you keeping warm?? the thaw is near hopefully! We are supp. to get another cold streak this weekend. Ovay!! I look on those websites too Lace, where you see how many hits! I had 29 looks for last Sat. and let's see....um, no more people looking!! except the ones who cannot read about sq. footage lol..

Hi Dogmom- I LOVE your new house! wow. Gorgeous!!

Oh, Lorrie----- You are a swingin,hot mama!! You look great!! if I didn;t tell you!

Tambre, Judy!!! how are you!!!!!!!Crazyma?????we need another jingle girl!!!

Chickrae-Did you watch the Bachelor the other night?? Jason is picking some losers lol..

Texas GIRL!! How are you girl??? How is your back???? I hope you feel better.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Thanks Lacey for the heads up! I hope you get a showing soon. Isn't your agent holding open houses? I would push for that.

Kristine, you're right that stress is not good for the baby, and that is the most important thing. Yeah I think maybe I am still a little emotionally attached. You have a good attitude though and it's gonna work out!

Well guy countered last night and we let our agent know our counter offer through email and just have to go sign later on. If he accepts we got better than our agent proposed on our own. Every little dollar helps! He didn't ask for anything special like closing costs, has great credit, chunk to put down etc. so it's looking real good. Our agent is still holding an open for us this Sunday.

I can't believe this may be happening so fast.
Gold-welcome to the bunch of wonderful girls and guys here!! Congrats! I am so jealous!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 AM

NJSocks-I just don't get it, especially your lookers. My realtor said we're getting looks on the Minneapolis site. Right now I could care less as I just want to get back to NJ for family and wedding! And decent food.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
NJ where are you moving to again? Lacey, did you say New Jersey..can we work something out girls?? lol..

Got a call this morning from the appraiser for our loan...was hoping he could do it while we are still here, but he can't get there any sooner than Saturday so will mail a check. Maybe I can get the son to meet him over there...i was hoping to get back into 'my' house again..lol.

Need to get off this for a while, have to head out to pick up my car from the shop. Stop at the post office, etc...I am meeting my future dil after noontime to go to Kohls and Joann Fabric and probably have some lunch somewhere..whoo hoo I am getting out of the house today..

Chat later...

Have we heard from Stoy yet this morning??

Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 AM

Barb-no I'm from NJ but mooving (hopefully) to NC.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Lacy where in NC? Maybe you had posted that before and I forgot. So far in the short time we have lived here we love it. We did learn though it is very hard to find anyone to do add ons and repairs on your house. It seems that no one wants to work so we now use transplants who want to work or a builder that has built a few homes in our subdivison.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 AM

Hi Lorrie-thinking Smithfield-Raleigh area. Closer to NJ for us.

Same way here-to get someone is like pulling teeth.

Just had a call and we have a showing Sun 3:30-4:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate