Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 08:22 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Oh it is not just short sales. We are going through hell and back with the loan officer on the house we closed on last month. The day we closed it almost did not happen because she did not know some new rules which was going to make us leave 3000.00 on the table. We told her to find a place to put that money or we were not closing. So she put it in an escrow accounting telling us that we could just cancel it. No penalties at all for doing so. We ALLLLL asked her about three times if this was going to be a problem. she kept telling us no. Tim went to close the escrow this week and the bank tells us we cannot close for 6 months and on top of that, there is a 1500.00 feee if we want to close. WHAT????? That adds on 700.00 to my house payment every month and with two homes, I don't want that!! So Tim contacts the loan agent and it takes her a ay to get back to us and all she says was that she will look into it. Never heard back from her. This woman is the loan officer MANAGER and she does not know her butt from her face!

Kristine
Geez I guess I did not fully understand that you had 2 houses you are dealing with. I am so sorry you're going through all this!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-as a former mortgage loan officer with a major bank I so understand the frustrations you feel. I used to be "on" my processor and underwriter all the time and always brought in more documentation then needed rather than upset my client with having to dig out more stuff.

A good loan officer has all the i's dotted and t's crossed before the file gets submitted. And has a beeper, cell phone,etc and is there 24/7 for the client and realtor.

I am debating on having a pot roast slow cooking in the oven for the showing tomorrow-not sure if it would be a turn off or a turn on.
Oh Lacey I think it would definitely be a turn on!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times
Boocake - I agree you are at everyone's "mercy" so to speak. The sellers on ours have long moved out of the house so it is vacant. We asked if we don't close on the 28th and it's lets say the 30th, would it be possible to move a refrigerator in on the 31st (which is Saturday) and I am sure the loan won't fund on the weekend. They said well technically the house isn't yours yet, and you won't have the keys. I feel like saying, well no one is in there what does it hurt, we live 1,200 miles aways its not like we can fly back and forth trying to get things done right now. I want to blame someone but there is no one to blame, plus what good does it do

Hammy - this is true it is not just short sales....sounds like they want yo to jump through hoops. What the heck is the 1,500 for. Did that have something to do with the 3,000?
I bet you are excited for your baby! I had 5 kids and back in the day, we never could find out the sex of the baby...it was always a surprise. Had 3 boys before I finally got my girl, then three years later had my other girls. Wish I would of had the girls first for the built in babysitters...lol

Lacey - wish you were still doing loans, I would of had you do ours, sounds like you were very efficient! All I asked is that he keep us posted on things....and he can't. He can't pick up a phone. I work in the day, I don't have my aol email open all the time. What if I wouldn't of read the ASAP email yesterday...Geesh!

Gold dust - sounds like you got a great deal on all of your appliances. your home sold pretty fast didn't it, if I remember from reading all the past posts.

Painter - my fingers are crossed for you also

Judy P - yeah I believe in that karma too....see it happen a lot.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Gold Dust, feel free to brag away! you are very lucky to have sold so quickly. i may be a bit jealous but it gives me hope!.
DH and i had our talk last night. I kow a big part of it was my jumping to conclusions and being dramatic. He thought we were talking about if we lowered our price significantly. Not that i said 'what would happen if we lowered our price significantly. He jumped to conclusions also. Men.
He's very afraid of our financial situation once we move (which he swears he would move tomorrow if we could). I on the other hand have absolutely no fear. For 5 years of college, i make bare minimum in my field-I can only go up! Anyway all is good. You "experienced" girls are right and i am very lucky to have so many opinions, thoughts, and knowledge from you all! thanks again!
Texas, how was your night out??
Oh crud I am feeling sad though because I didn't realize the full magnitude of pain this whole housing mess is creating.

See we have lived in a starter home for 14 years and had to go through the wringer to get in this house back then, pay PMI etc. and we have been very responsible and so this is a long time coming.

I know you will work it out with your husband

Old 01-24-2009, 08:37 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times
stoymonkey - glad you got it talked out............communication is definitely the key in a marriage. I was married for 27 years to a man and we never could communicate....amazed the marriage lasted that long. When we got in a fight it would be the "silent treatment". When the whole thing ended we both weren't really sure why. I was single for 6 years and swore the next time I married I would talk to my dh about anything that bothered me. We have been married a year and a half and all we do is communicate. If we look at each other wrong, one of us will say "what's wrong?" Money problems are one of the top three reasons people fight, so it's good you can talk it out.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Hi all, I see everyone is just a jumpin' today.
Gold dust, We are all happy for you and it will all go according to plan, just might not be your plan! You will get it done for sure.
Stoy, Relieved you worked this out, communication and listening is always good in a relationship. Men may hear but they normally don't listen, women hear more than what is said!
Chickrae, What ever you end up doing make sure it is in WRITING AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES!
Lacey, Pot roast always smells good to me! Everything is crossed for you........

Old 01-24-2009, 08:46 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Stoy all us "experienced" women have been in your shoes. painter is right-they hear but they don't listen. I'm just glad you guys communicated and things can only get better now.

I was very lucky with my loan processor and underwriter-I treated them with the respect they deserved where other LO's talked down to them. Rewards for job well done were also appreciated.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi all, I see everyone is just a jumpin' today.
Gold dust, We are all happy for you and it will all go according to plan, just might not be your plan! You will get it done for sure.
Stoy, Relieved you worked this out, communication and listening is always good in a relationship. Men may hear but they normally don't listen, women hear more than what is said!
Chickrae, What ever you end up doing make sure it is in WRITING AND SIGNED BY BOTH PARTIES!
Lacey, Pot roast always smells good to me! Everything is crossed for you........
Thanks Painter, it's just been such a long time coming and we're finally gonna have a fireplace and an actual dining room and my husband has worked his butt off for it!

I feel so bad that others are going through so much pain!!!!

Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 AM

[quote=Chickrae;7148091]Gold dust - sounds like you got a great deal on all of your appliances. your home sold pretty fast didn't it, if I remember from reading all the past posts.

Yeah we were well under 30 days. See I don't think our area experienced the over inflated home values to the extent of other places. It's evident we did to a smaller extent though because our assessment from 2005 has jumped way up in the years since.

We have still been hit with some hard times here but not to the magnitude of other places.

It's just such a shame this has all happened and I just pray we can get it back on track. I have faith the market will turn around.

I wish you the best of luck with your short sale!!

Old 01-24-2009, 10:00 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,889,463 times
Stoy I am so glad you and hubby talked and things are better. I was concerned about you!!!

Gold it sounds like you are getting wonderful appliances for your new place. You will have to take some pics of the new house and post them for us to see!!!

Kristine, I am with you I would want to know what sex the baby was, not only for decorating but it would make the whole pregnancy more personal. I love the "no peeking" that Texas said but I would never be able not to peek lol!!!

TC and GB all you campers!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate