Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2009, 03:04 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,545 times

Advertisements

Hi all, Been in out of the house today, weeds are growing beyond belief. It has been so pretty and I had hoped to get the back yard cut but the mower is having a fit and wants a new battery. Now it looks like rain coming in, so much for that very slight chance.

dogmom & Crazy, I am looking to the E Tn area maybe around Knoxville. DD will be in vet school there for 4 yrs, longer if she stays with equine and then there is interning for a yr. I just have had enough of this area and can no longer keep this hugh place up. And then there is the employment problems here, construction is not great, here or anywhere. My sis is heading back to IN when and if she sells and says I need to come there to be with family. Who knows where I will end up, hopefully it will be my last move though.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:05 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
crazyma, it's hard to remember where is everyone is from, going to, and has been!!
Well camp, we are officially FOR SALE again!!
professional photographer was taking pics for 2 hrs. Wow, our house looked good! hopefully it works for us this year!!
Stoy,

Best of luck with relisting and I hope you have an offer in the very near future.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:40 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,875,306 times
Stopping in a bit while watching the race to see what's going on with everybody.

Lacey.....Saying a lot of prayers for Mr. L with hopes that things start looking better soon!

Texas........Sounds like you are doing well! Hoping things keep going up and up for you!

Stoy........Good luck to you! I'm getting tired of the house being for sale. Asked DH last night if he ever heard from our agents and he said they do call about every other Monday night but just keep saying things are really tough right now. At least we will be prepared for when people do start looking again. I'm just getting thoroughly disgusted. QUESTION..........Why does the media one day spout all the doom and gloom and say that prices are still going to drop, and then the next day lament that people still aren't buying houses???? DUH!!! Shut up and maybe they will!!!

Painter & Dogmom.........It is really hard to decide where to go. Our DD lives in NY and there was no way I was going to move there to only have her move in several years since NY is not somewhere I want to spend the rest of my life.....way too cold and too expensive. I have no brothers or sisters and both parents are gone and not really close to other relatives. DH only has one brother and his mother (who isn't doing well), so we really weren't tied to the area. So we picked a place that we really wanted to live since this is definately our last move. I definately agree with CrazyMa's idea of renting until you really decide where you want to spend the rest of your life.

CrazyMa......Classes went well last month. I'm also doing this month's and we are doing 3 simple projects. I need to get my act together and make some samples as the first class in Tuesday night. Ugh, nothing like total procrastination! At least I won't have to do anything for the second class as it's the same!

YIPPEE!!! I made my plane reservations to go visit daughter the beginning of April!! I'm excited as I haven't seen her since Christmas. Leaving March 30th and coming back April 8th. Originally was going to stay longer but she discovered that she has to go to Baltimore on Easter weekend. So now hubby can come down here over Easter as originally planned. DD still doesn't have a closing date as they are still waiting for the certificate for the title insurance but she has been assured that as soon as that is in place they can close..........well providing the hassle with the windows has been solved. Doesn't matter because my flight is non-refundable, so I'll be there in any case! Can't wait!!! Not really thrilled about having to connect through Detroit but it was the cheapest thing we could find. Plus all legs are "real" planes and not stupid little prop planes. I get motion sickness and just can't do prop planes. Will still have to get my prescription filled for the scop patch.

Hey.........I just found out that you can't use the touch pad very well on a laptop when you have a band-aid on the tip of your pointer finger!! I thought it was by touch only, but it must have something to do with the moisture in the skin. Scientifically interesting............

Old 03-08-2009, 03:50 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,277,649 times
Good afternoon campers..well i took a little nap, this fatigue necessitates it..I do think if I got out and about more I would feel better. Maybe I need to make a list of things to do everyday. I am just floundering here...I was reading in this month's Family Circle about doing a workout..walk 1 min, run 1 min, walk 1 min, run 1 min.. x 4 to begin with, every other day, each week increase the times. We have a small county park not far from here with a big pond and walking path around it..tomorrow I AM going to get DH and we are going to go walking..no dogs to begin with, they just slow you down. Once I do that I can add to it, like maybe some arm exercises, something..
I need you girls to help me out and get me motivated. The sun is out..sun or no sun, i have to do something.. I'm not getting any motivation for some reason..I should be I look horrible.

I am going to start tanning again..at least until the wedding. I think the 'sunlight' will help my depression. 3 x a week, for only 10 minutes, I don't want to burn..

If I can get out everyday, maybe that will help.

Ok now on to something other than me..where is Hammy? Kristine, are you ok? We need to hear from some of you, just a hi and bye so we know you are ok. Roth, you were feeling kind of down, too...are ya ok?

Lacey, prayers still going to Mr. L and you...let us know as soon as you can about the scan tomorrow..You know if it is humanly possilble he will go with you... sounds like he has good doctors and you have doctors in NJ, correct?

Painter, you are taking your horses with you right? so I guess you will be looking for just smaller property? I bet it is beautiful in E. Tennessee..but then I bet it is beautiful in the panhandle, too. You are in the panhandle, or do I have that wrong..I get cornfused easily

Haven't heard from Golddust, chickrae, niki for a few days..if I missed someone I apologize..the sun is beating in on my eyes, lol..later campers

Oh, Crazyma, that is a good idea..my thinking is that housing is not going to go up in price in CA for a while..if we try it for a year and it doesnt work out we can always head up to NorCal like we planned..might be a thought. Neither of us wants to sell our little cottage..it's paid for, shoot we only paid $20,000 two years ago, and it came with a car..we have space rent of 250 a month, plus electric and cable/internet/phone. If we do end up in CA either place the summers are beastly, so will want this to escape to.

Ok later

Old 03-08-2009, 04:24 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,861,348 times
Rothbear-how exciting for you-you need that trip and diversion. Thank you for your prayers.

Barb-walking alone is wonderful. I used to walk 5 miles a day-never had so much energy or felt so good-start small and work your way up. Will update as soon as we know. Our BF's just called and are anxious for us to get there (me too). There's nothing like kids,grands and friends-and here we are just us two.

Texas-you must be up and at them girl!

Painter saw that thread re FL RE-fingers crossed.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,982 times
Lacey- i worked at the outlets for many years. i defeinitely wont miss the traffic. thanks for the well wishes. im not getting my hopes up though.
Judy- how are you??

Old 03-08-2009, 04:43 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,861,348 times
Stoy-we may have met-LOL. My fave's Jones,NY and Harry and David!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,377,425 times
Hey everyone! Yes, I am up and at 'em!! I drove my sister to the airport this afternoon--wow, do I ever miss her already. She was such a big help. I have to get a package out to her tomorrow. I have a set of velcro hair rollers which she used everyday here and loved them. So I bought her a set at Wal-mart tonight. I am also going to send her a Starbucks gift card because she drinks it everyday! Just a little something to express my gratitude.

Hope everyone is doing well. Be careful of that tanning bed Barb! Nice to hear from you Rothbear.

Hammy--I hope you are feeling better!

To everyone else....Lacey, Sarah, Niki, Painter, NJ, Stoy and anyone I might have missed--hope y'all had a nice week-end.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:52 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,377,425 times
and Lorrie and HDL---I'm embarrassed--how could I have forgot two of the sweetest girls I know?!?!? Hope you both had a great week-end! Can I blame it on the drugs I had been taking that I forgot to mention you both in the post above? PLEASE????

Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,187,175 times
architectin Atlanta
why did you post the same thing in 5 threads???
There are 4080 posts in crazy Camp- I am sure if you read them, you will find a bunch of good advice

Congrats on buying- where in Atlanta?????? - that is home to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate