Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,810,102 times

Advertisements

I'm still here....hope you're all enjoying the holidays. Had a hectic move; still not totally settled. Thanks to all who sent me good wishes. I do think about you guys once in a while!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:34 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
hI bROOK, You have been missing for awhile. Moving and Christmas would be abit hectic! But aren't you happy? Sure hope so.

Good Morning to everyone. Gee weren't we just saying Christmas will be here before we know it?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookdaleresident View Post
I'm still here....hope you're all enjoying the holidays. Had a hectic move; still not totally settled. Thanks to all who sent me good wishes. I do think about you guys once in a while!

I am glad you are settled and I hope you are enjoying the holidays also.

Old 12-26-2008, 10:22 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Hope all are having a great holiday, visiting with family and friends. Eating lots of delicious food!

Hey Brook- glad to see ya! Hope you are loving it in spite of it being hectic!

Painter, at least they came for a while. DS is just gonna have to figure it out for himself and learn to speak his mind, not hers

Y'all have a nice day...

Old 12-26-2008, 10:41 AM

dd wants to go to target we have avoided the stores after xmas for so long but i guess today will be an adventure. Then at 5 middle grandson is in a basketball game for the championship but they hae to win todays game and tomorrows game and then sunday the play off.

Old 12-26-2008, 12:23 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
We are heading out to the beach in a while...it's sleeting out so this should be interesting..will take the jeep and we'll be fine...

Have a great day everyone, rest up and finish those lefovers!

Old 12-26-2008, 12:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Brave girl DogMom.

Lorrie we went to our local mall and there were more cars there than were there all season but still not crowded. I ran in to Hallmark and got next years cards.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:19 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Ladies, My dd is out shopping now, I stayed home! I love shopping for the house after Christmas with all the big sales but... okay I am holding out hope that I will still sell and don't want to buy anything that has to be packed and moved. It is killing me not to go shopping!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:37 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,873,251 times
Hi there campers..............thought I would check in. Been away for awhile, but not anything I can really go into. Just not so great things.

Our listing finished 6 months on Tuesday, but DH found out last week that we had to send them a certified letter with return receipt to cancel the contract with them. So had to wait until I could get back here to PA to be able to sign it. Mailed it Monday (PO was ONE block from their office, but couldn't hand deliver it and be in compliance with the contract), they got it Tuesday and have 10 days to cancel everything before new agents can start. We interviewed another agent couple (hubby & wife) on Tuesday and we believe they will work out. They are currently with ReMax, but are transferring to Century 21. They are very internet savvy and do all the craigslist/zillow/trulia/etc. stuff that I had to do myself. They were totally amazed by all the work that I did on my own, especially the house "notebook" and features & benefits sheets, and was really astounded that I had to do it myself........said that I should be in RE. No thanks!! Plus their listings go to over 200 websites. They were impressed with the house and said there was no way we shouldn't have sold it at our price if it had been marketed correctly. They believe that the price is fair, but are still doing comps. We are "pre-signing" with them tomorrow and they will be ready to roll as soon as the other listing is expired. Then the old agent had the nerve to have someone else from their office call and want us to change to her instead. I immediately deleted the messages without returning them.

We had a good Christmas. Hubby and DD went together and got me a Wii, Wii Fit, WiiPlay, and Lego Star Wars game. Of course I think hubby bought it for himself, too. So now I'm hoping for some good deals on games. I'll have it down south with me. MIL gave me money, so that will pay for the GPS that I got earlier and a couple games, too. I have to start looking for a job once I get back, plus with my scrapbooking to catch up on, I'll have lots to do.

Hubby and I are going back down south for next week and going to a really nice New Year's Eve party (first one in about 32 years) and hopefully do some socializing as well. Take care and everybody have a safe new years! And here's hoping that all the sellers and buyers have a VERY successful 2009!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Brave girl DogMom.

Lorrie we went to our local mall and there were more cars there than were there all season but still not crowded. I ran in to Hallmark and got next years cards.
Lacy we just got back from target and it was fairly empty as was the parking lot. I even bought a few things as hubby was saying we have to pack those things you are buying.

Hubby just called us air and we used somemore of our upgrades for first class. So happy. Home in a few days and I miss our furbabies as I will miss the grands when I get home. It would be so very nice to all live close by. We went food shopping and i can't believe the price of some Items. Propell which we pay in NC and even in FL was always $3.99 here it was $5.99. Some difference.

I was telling you all about the basketball game we are going to tonight. Well dd said her mil wants to go and dd is so mad since mil never goes to those games. This should be a fun night but I am going to kill her with kindness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate