Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 02:21 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,845,822 times

Advertisements

Stoy-she needs you more than ever now.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Stoy, The girl's experience is not uncommon and some believe that the spirit is still with us. Tell her to find comfort in it and not to think it is bad.

Yes life is precious but I really want to hurt someone! My realtor "suggested" per his broker that I need to drop my price again, another 20K or so. Yep I dropped afew words. Here is the thing - still nothing sold out here - still the lowest price - still the best value for ameneties est. Someone justify another price drop, and they say they don't know if that will do it. This is such a bunch B>S> You know if IF there were comps or something to tell me that is the problem then I would consider it but just because they have no answers NO. He spoke to other realtors and they have none to afew (lie) on similiar so...........oh yeah I want to give the friggen thing away! My RANT FOR TODAY!

thanks for the luck on the job, it really isn't hitting on much but it will pay the utilities and get me away from the house and cookies for afew hours aday.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,369,435 times
Girls, check this thread out...
https://www.city-data.com/forum/real-...ml#post8031540

Old 03-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Yes life is precious but I really want to hurt someone! My realtor "suggested" per his broker that I need to drop my price again, another 20K or so. Yep I dropped afew words. Here is the thing - still nothing sold out here - still the lowest price - still the best value for ameneties est. Someone justify another price drop, and they say they don't know if that will do it. This is such a bunch B>S> You know if IF there were comps or something to tell me that is the problem then I would consider it but just because they have no answers NO. He spoke to other realtors and they have none to afew (lie) on similiar so...........oh yeah I want to give the friggen thing away! My RANT FOR TODAY!
Sounds like they just want a sell for a quick commission in my opinion.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Painter, good luck! Lacey, if you go 80, wave to me!!!
Today is turning out to be one of those days that reminds you life is, well, precious. There was a big accident on my way to work so I was over an hour late. No big deal. I didnt think my husband would have heard about it but he saw it on the news. (he leaves after I do) I also forgot to turn my ringer up on my cellphone. So I went to call him to ask him to look at a map for me to take the back roads, and I realized he called and texted me 5 times, worried about me. yes he yelled, yes I apologized!!!
I find out at the end of the work day one of my coworkers was right behind it, first on the scene and made sure everyone was ok. When he got to the one woman who was driving by herself, he already knew she didnt make it, but he still checked her pulse. I read in the paper (online) she was the only one not wearing her seatbelt. Freaks me out thinking what if I was the first to help??
Do any of you remember the girl in my classroom whose sister died a few months ago? She was mad about something that happened in her math class. So we were talking about that but the conversation turned to how she thought she saw her sister yesterday but it was someone else and how people still call her house to offer condolences. And we are also going to a viewing of a friend's grandfather tonight. Gives me lots to think about.
Sorry, I hope I don't bring anyone down with this story, just felt the need to share.
Stoy, your poor husband! I hate hearing about fatal accidents. Yes, I do remember you telling us the story about one of your students whose sister had died. It's not unusual to see the person you grieve for in another person. I swear I saw my nieces twin after her death. It was extremely strange at the time, but also bittersweet--her way of letting me know she is still by our sides watching over us.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,791 times
yes life is precious...my mama would have been 92 today. She passed 3/30/97.
(my parents were a good bit older when they adopted me)

now i am sad

Old 03-24-2009, 05:21 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,542 times
Crazy, My mom passed 2/12/97, the day after her birthday.

Well onto another sad happening- little house sold, closes in 10 days, no money leaving the table. It is just gone.................

Old 03-24-2009, 05:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey
Painter, good luck! Lacey, if you go 80, wave to me!!!
Today is turning out to be one of those days that reminds you life is, well, precious. There was a big accident on my way to work so I was over an hour late. No big deal. I didnt think my husband would have heard about it but he saw it on the news. (he leaves after I do) I also forgot to turn my ringer up on my cellphone. So I went to call him to ask him to look at a map for me to take the back roads, and I realized he called and texted me 5 times, worried about me. yes he yelled, yes I apologized!!!
I find out at the end of the work day one of my coworkers was right behind it, first on the scene and made sure everyone was ok. When he got to the one woman who was driving by herself, he already knew she didnt make it, but he still checked her pulse. I read in the paper (online) she was the only one not wearing her seatbelt. Freaks me out thinking what if I was the first to help??
Do any of you remember the girl in my classroom whose sister died a few months ago? She was mad about something that happened in her math class. So we were talking about that but the conversation turned to how she thought she saw her sister yesterday but it was someone else and how people still call her house to offer condolences. And we are also going to a viewing of a friend's grandfather tonight. Gives me lots to think about.
Sorry, I hope I don't bring anyone down with this story, just felt the need to share.
Ugh!how sad Stoy....
1.)I hate the month of March for two reasons: My dad died 3/28/88 when I was 23. I will never forget that morning either. Clear,crisp and cool,with a whiperwill bird in the background. Everytime I hear birds chirping in the month of March I start to thnk about it all over again.
2.) I saw a fatal accident *it could have been me*-but God must have spared me. A man got killed by a tractor trailer making an illegal -U-turn(the trucker). I was first to stop *I had the poor guy's bumper under my front end of my car)since it was in the middle of the thruway and had caught under my car... . He was slumped in the front seat of the vehicle... I told him help is on the way and that we are here for him. Another guy (retired paramedic)found his pulse and he was alive..The guy asked me if there was anyone in the backseat of this Ford Taurus..I must have been in shock because I remember looking in "through the window"and said there wasn't anyone in the backseat. It seemed like forever for the police/ambulance to come. I told him to "hang in there'. At that moment he said "help me". I said to the other guy he is going to be ok. The guy checked his pulse again and he died right before us.I had 150 miles to still drive home as I was coming home from visiting a friend from Boston. I was there for 3 hrs. I had to stop at the rest stop ahead after it was all over and tried to throw up. I was so sick over it. I will never ever forget it. Ironic part is the man lived 10 miles from me!.I went to the wake and let his family know he did not die alone. I felt it was my duty to do it...What are the odds of that one?He was only 44. Had 2 boys. The family was glad that I paid my respects. I didn't do it alone. I had one of my best friends come with me and called the funeral home beforehand....I am glad I went. I gave his brothers my name and phone in case it turned into a criminal case *against the trucker*. Weirdly enough, I was tracked down in MA when I was living there a few years ago by a detective and he wanted me to testify on behalf of the family. I said, by all means". Long story short, they settled out of court as I was ready to fly back to NY the same week to testify.

Crazyma- you never forget the dates.. I am sorry for your loss too!! Knit Simple?the one of her on the cover? That one isn't technically out yet until after April 14th. thanks for checking girl!!
PAinter- So sorry for your loss also...
Hi to all.
Quote:
Stoy, your poor husband! I hate hearing about fatal accidents. Yes, I do remember you telling us the story about one of your students whose sister had died. It's not unusual to see the person you grieve for in another person. I swear I saw my nieces twin after her death. It was extremely strange at the time, but also bittersweet--her way of letting me know she is still by our sides watching over us.
TEX! I BELIEVE IT!!
I had a dream 4 months after my mom died and came to me in a dream and said, "I'm healed" 3 times. I wasn't afraid of dying after those words to me.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:55 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,000 times
OH!
Here's a good one!

My realtor emailed me about something(God forbid she picks up the phone and calls me!) and guess what? She has MOVED from her realty office to a DIFFERENT address!! and never bothered to tell me! It is under her name when she signs it ---Thanks for letting me know! I went to her website and sure enough--a frickin new address and PHONE NUMBER!! Couldn't say oh gee, I wanted to tell you I have a NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bangs head against wall. I cannot wait to be done with her end of April. Amen.

So what will Obama say tonight in his speech?? AI won't be on until tomorrow!!

Old 03-24-2009, 06:14 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
OH!
Here's a good one!

My realtor emailed me about something(God forbid she picks up the phone and calls me!) and guess what? She has MOVED from her realty office to a DIFFERENT address!! and never bothered to tell me! It is under her name when she signs it ---Thanks for letting me know! I went to her website and sure enough--a frickin new address and PHONE NUMBER!! Couldn't say oh gee, I wanted to tell you I have a NEW ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bangs head against wall. I cannot wait to be done with her end of April. Amen.

So what will Obama say tonight in his speech?? AI won't be on until tomorrow!!

I can't believe that your realtor up and moved to another address without telling you and when she did it was by an E mail.
Obama will say whatever his teleprompter tells him to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate