Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 03:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times

Advertisements

Kristine-Painter has a point. You need a corrected report and ASAP!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
In the 3 states that I have worked, a house does not need to be brought up to code on less you are doing a rehab to flip and then it depends on circumstances. If permits are drawn then you get into codes. Resale house are not held up to codes, codes are changed constantly. Inspectors have to note if say you have aluminum wiring, because of safety reasons. As to the flashing around the windows, I would like to know how it passed inspection when built, this goes back to the builder and the building inspector. You need to go to them and get it fixed. I cant figure out how the inspector know the flashing is missing. Is your house brick, vinyle, stucco? Or his terminology is different than here.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:08 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Do ya think those buyers ears are burning?? I bet their BUTTS are, from the mind whupping I am giving them!! LOL

oh yeah , and the inspector too!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:07 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
BUT gee, I never thought about getting a bunch of embryos stuck up my coochie coo and plopping out a litter to keep me company.
?
Oh for sure..............that lady is a nut case. So she is on disability and we are all going to "pay" for her to raise these kids. I feel sorry for the kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Thank you guys all so much for you support. The inspector admitted today to DH that there is nothing wrong with our windows at all and there is no sign of any water issues at all. He said he put it on the report because they are not up to 2008 code and he just wanted them to see that. But there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with them at all. Our builder, our original inspection and our city all said the house was to code when the house was built. There has NEVER been an issue! They are making an issue out of something that does not exist.

Kristine
Ok I worked in a building department with inspectors for 9 years. Never ever have I heard of windows in a previous year not being up to code 6 years later....What?? I could see if the home was 20 years old or something as building codes have changed, but usually the building codes stay the same for a few years. They were using that as an excuse to bail for sure. Better now then later as was mentioned. Not any easier for you though...I am so sorry. You do need to take care of your little baby too. That is what is most important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Lorrie this is something I never heard of before. We installed all new low E, insulated tilt in windows about 5 years prior to selling in NJ and nothing about windows ever came up on report. Why that inspector did that is beyond me-it was stupidity on his part.

The house we bought was built in 2001 and our inspection never said one thing about the windows. The inspection was very thorough and detailed. I didn't think of asking hey are the windows ok for 2008.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
hey campers we got to vegas i am sitting here at dollar rental car waiting for carl to get through the line of at least 20 peeps..none of the other rentals have a soul..figures...i have a splittin headache and i cant go get water because i am the luggage guard

Kristine, they were just looking for an excuse and i bet that inspector was in cahoots with them, sounds very unethical to me, and yeah usually once you are past the inspections and you pull out of a sale then the seller can keep the money, but if anything is 'wrong' in the inspection or pest, they can walk.
I hope their butts are on fire and they get the runs!

My kids get here in about 40 minutes so we might as well stay here at the airport and wait for them, we were going to get the rooms and come back, forget that now. What is dollar having a big sale today or something..crap

well i am in a foul mood, my head hurts..
hubby coming back gotta go bye

Old 02-06-2009, 07:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thanks Chickrae. Thanks gold. I have been posting for so long and always wanted to ask but after the weeks of trying to do the graphics I hated to ask anyone again. hope this works. Great it does.
Lorrie, do you know how to do the graphics? If not let me know and I'll help you. The resident expert, Judy, helped me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Oh GAWD, I can't even tune in for this story it makes me soooo sick!
I swear if it becomes a reality series I won't be tuning in.
I hope it doesn't become a reality show--I will NOT watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
hey campers we got to vegas i am sitting here at dollar rental car waiting for carl to get through the line of at least 20 peeps..none of the other rentals have a soul..figures...i have a splittin headache and i cant go get water because i am the luggage guard

Kristine, they were just looking for an excuse and i bet that inspector was in cahoots with them, sounds very unethical to me, and yeah usually once you are past the inspections and you pull out of a sale then the seller can keep the money, but if anything is 'wrong' in the inspection or pest, they can walk.
I hope their butts are on fire and they get the runs!

My kids get here in about 40 minutes so we might as well stay here at the airport and wait for them, we were going to get the rooms and come back, forget that now. What is dollar having a big sale today or something..crap

well i am in a foul mood, my head hurts..
hubby coming back gotta go bye
Hey Barb, glad to hear you made it to Vegas safely. I LOVE Vegas--maybe that should be our meeting up place when we all decide. There's something for everyone there!

Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Kristine,
I am so sorry this happened to you and your hubby. What a bunch of idiots. They would have been dogging y'all up to closing date, so maybe it's for the best. With Spring around the corner...there is someone out there who is going to LOVE your house. I will keep you and your house in my prayers.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Default TexasGirl

Texas I was talking about multi quoting and how I didn't want to ask anyone how to do it. You and Judy helped me and it took awhile for me to learn the graphics but you both stuck by me and I finally learned.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Lorrie, do you know how to do the graphics? If not let me know and I'll help you. The resident expert, Judy, helped me!

I hope it doesn't become a reality show--I will NOT watch it.

Hey Barb, glad to hear you made it to Vegas safely. I LOVE Vegas--maybe that should be our meeting up place when we all decide. There's something for everyone there!

Hey Vegas ALWAYS works for me..my headache is a little better, hubby took the kids out to eat and is bringing me back a milkshake..going to turn in, tomorrow is new day..we do cake tasting at 11 tomorrow morning..this guys' cakes are to die for...then bbq early dinner, Sunday we do practice hairdos at the Flamingo, then the big bride and groom extranvaganza Sunday after noon, Sunday night we make the trek up to Southern Utah for a few..Rae I will check out your house and take some picts to send you ok...hope that rental agent is doing the job for you..

night all..

Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Glad you made it safe Barb...ohh enjoy the cake...course if it ain't choklit it ain't cake LOL

kinda quiet at camp tonite....hey get a good nite's rest, there might be some buyers out this weekend!

Hammy- extra hugs for y'all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate