Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 11:32 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times

Advertisements

YAY guess what!! post # 3001 this one is for you NIKI!! Let me be the first to say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKI!!

some happy flowers to brighten your day

and happy birthday to your dear daughter too!

Crazy HUGS, luv sara aka crazyma!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:15 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
Unhappy Sorry to hear about your buyers backing out Hammy5

But from the gitgo, something didn't seem right (imho) . They lowballed you and said "Take it or leave it"! You said fine, but don't expect anything more $$$ (i.e. inspection report). Then they complained about you saying you wouldn't pay to fix anything in the inspection report and scratches on the floor and on the door and now the windows .

It appears to me with everything you've written in this thread, that they were NOT serious buyers and had a change of heart almost immediately. Like after they lowballed you and you accepted, they thought "HOLY CRAP , now what are we going to do ? Oh, I know, complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING !!!" Of course, they could be getting a divorce, or losing a job, or waiting to see when the $15K credit will go into effect??? Things happen and it's embarrassing to bring these matters up, so sometimes other things are stated instead .

Okay, so I completely understand your frustration and disappointment . These are TOUGH times, but we Crazy Campers are tough gals !!! Built tough to last long and withstand all CRAZY BUYERS out there ! I'm certain that all the Crazy Campers will be praying that a SERIOUS buyer comes along soon and what with Obama pushing for the stimulus package, hopefully that $15K credit will get some peeps off their tuckus to buy now !

My last home sale fell through a couple of days after COE was supposed to take place. My buyer even did the walk through and I fixed everything they asked me to. Guess what, all contingencies were gone and I still didn't get the earnest money in full ($2500). My agent said that BOTH parties have to sign off on it and guess what? If both don't, it goes to mediation and I might not get anything (I have to prove that I actually had damages per my agent), so she split it down the middle and I had to start over again right when the market was starting to hit a wall.

One day I will tell you peeps about the person who actually bought my home ! That is a great story when retelling , but was pretty horrible going through it !!!

PEACE OUT and Happy Valentine's Day a week early !! We might as well give out love and goodness and sweetness to our SPECIAL friends here and make it a week long CELEBRATION !!! Have a FABULOUS weekend and don't forget to share the LOVE !

Hugs,

~HDL~

Last edited by HDL; 02-07-2009 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: I may not post often, but when I do :-0 Boy oh boy!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,789,447 times
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Niki !!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:47 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
But from the gitgo, something didn't seem right (imho) . They lowballed you and said "Take it or leave it"! You said fine, but don't expect anything more $$$ (i.e. inspection report). Then they complained about you saying you wouldn't pay to fix anything in the inspection report and scratches on the floor and on the door and now the windows .

It appears to me with everything you've written in this thread, that they were NOT serious buyers and had a change of heart almost immediately. Like after they lowballed you and you accepted, they thought "HOLY CRAP , now what are we going to do ? Oh, I know, complain about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING !!!" Of course, they could be getting a divorce, or losing a job, or waiting to see when the $15K credit will go into effect??? Things happen and it's embarrassing to bring these matters up, so sometimes other things are stated instead .

I feel this way too, HDL!! There was just something from the get go that did NOT seem right about Hammy's buyers! I feel in my heart that someone worthwhile will come along and be her buyer that is WORTHY of her home.

My last home sale fell through a couple of days after COE was supposed to take place. My buyer even did the walk through and I fixed everything they asked me to. Guess what, all contingencies were gone and I still didn't get the earnest money in full ($2500). My agent said that BOTH parties have to sign off on it and guess what? If both don't, it goes to mediation and I might not get anything (I have to prove that I actually had damages per my agent), so she split it down the middle and I had to start over again right when the market was starting to hit a wall.

One day I will tell you peeps about the person who actually bought my home ! That is a great story when retelling , but was pretty horrible going through it !!!

~HDL~
I would love to hear the story about your buyers!! Sounds like a great read!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Texas I was talking about multi quoting and how I didn't want to ask anyone how to do it. You and Judy helped me and it took awhile for me to learn the graphics but you both stuck by me and I finally learned.
Oh, you should have just asked! I would have told you how to do it! What I want to learn (hint, hint-if anyone knows how to do it) is how to multi-quote one person's post. I want to know how to break up their posts into multi-quotes. The next time I see it done, I am going to ask that person how to do it.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 AM

Hey Niki!

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk190/toelz1/Birthday-4.gif (broken link)

Old 02-07-2009, 04:08 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Happy Birthday Niki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammy-have you thought about renting your current home-it would give you rental income until the market improves.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:21 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Morning all
A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU NIKI!!!!
HDL Where the heck have you been? I knew you were lurking about!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:35 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
NIKI

Old 02-07-2009, 06:46 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Happy Bitrthday, Niki!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate