Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2009, 07:31 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Lorrie - hope all goes well with the derm. stuff and Mr has speedy clean healing. Oh how we used to be in the sun all day & no sunscreen, who would have thought we needed to be more cautious!
Also I think some dogs may have more issues with teeth then others. I wonder if it has to do with certain breeds??

Painter
-yeah I can just hear my grandmas- get a dogs teeth cleaned-Pshaw! give'm a bone to gnaw...
Horses are a little different, yes...

Tex-hey can we have Geritol-ritas??
Sara yes most of my dogs are that type. They get their rawhide and dog bones but the only one that it has helped is our doxie until a year ago when her pearly whites started to bother her. We feed all of them dry food also. The pap and the pom also get a small am't of of wet food though I should stop it with the pom since she is getting Fat.lol

Tan was in when I was young and no sunscreen only baby oil. So bad. I stopped when i turned 40 but I am sure the damage has been done. Gary played baseball when we first got married on his co team and he is a golfer. That plus no sunscreen not a smart thing. He also loved to fish and we would rent pontoon boats. I baked in the sun and Gary and dd fished.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Lorrie- did ya ever hold a shiny cookie sheet up to get more rays on your face??? gosh the abuse!! LOL
My cousin ( red haired and fair to boot) used gallons of baby oil and Iodine!!

Ya, Mindy gets 1/2 can wet food and then has Iams for senior out to nosh on as she so feels moved And of course nightitme treat. Plus she love carrots, etc. The vet said just don't do onion, raisin or grapes, something about the skins?? Funny I just realized he didn't mention chocolate. 'Course Mindy only gets a chocolate chip once in a long while

Geeze I should be busy- need to wash dishes. And want to recover the seats of the dining table.
Yikes let me go -TTYL peeps

Old 03-31-2009, 07:41 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
OH JUDYP
how are you doing girl??? was thinking of you and just then wanted to let you know we are here for you Hope you are hanging in there!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We had to go to the dermatologist this morning to have a Squamous cell carcinoma removed from hubbies face. It was andout 2 1/2 inches long and 1 inch wide. He has a big bandaid on his face since they are sure he will bleed because he is on the coumadin. We go back in 10 days and I pray it is OK. I have an app't for May a few things I need them to check on. I had basil cell years ago and my mom had melenomia and i was a great godess of the sun.i have way to many things to do right now to have it done. So I am a chicken. May we go to FL for hubbies scans and work and my eye doctor and GP and when we get back more doctors for me. Hubby said he was my guinea pig. He always is.lol
That sun is a dangerous thing. I hope everything is ok with your hubby. Keep an eye out on yourself too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Checking in here for a few minutes, severe storms again all around. This is the first time in the 8 yrs here that the fish pond has come out of its banks, soon the fish will be in my drive way, new meaning to carry out dinner! No kiddin' 75% of my 14 acres is under water now. Never has this been a problem and already made arrangements to have my ditch line dug deeper in the morning, weather permitting of course. It is nuts here, just drained another 6" out of the pool too.

Crazyma, In my whole life I have never had my dogs teeth cleaned, not even when I had kennels. My vet said that the hard dog biscuits did a good job cleaning the plaque off. The boys get a couple a day and have real white big teeth. Now the horses are awhole different story, have had to have them floated afew to many times. My boys get breath mints, hate bad breath on them especially since they are always trying to get in my face .
Should I send the rescue boat after you? Wow...that's a lot of rain. Gives new meaning to the phrase "raining cats and dogs", huh?
When I was little, my grandparents would have laughed themselves silly over cleaning a dogs teeth! I would thing the hard dog biscuits would work well to take the plaque and tartar off.
Quote:

Tex-hey can we have Geritol-ritas??
Good one!! Depends and geritol-ritas!!

Old 04-01-2009, 02:17 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Niki, I hope you are feeling better today..I wanted to show you the dresses I bought last weekend at Dress Barn..I like their clothes, not the cheapest but not the priciest either, anyway I got two dresses..the one crazy one is more of a sundress but a slinky knit, just above the knee..the other is a knit strapless sheath dress with the georgette overlay of the black and white...and i got a 3/4 sleeve sweater to wear with both...I thought they were very vegas-y...

I think the black and white would be very Easter-y, too..
Nice dresses. I especially like the black and white one.

Painter,
I can't believe those people. I would change the locks too. Some people have a lot of nerve and not much sense.

Well, I'm just about done with the Easter shopping. Just need to get a purse to go with my dress. I'm thinking one of those classy straw bags. Not the casual kind. Do y'all know what I'm talking about?

My son's birthday is next week. More shopping. More spending.

Oh, and my husband should be home Monday. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's been a few times when he's supposed to have come home, only for him to get sent more work to do.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Nice dresses. I especially like the black and white one.

Painter,
I can't believe those people. I would change the locks too. Some people have a lot of nerve and not much sense.

Well, I'm just about done with the Easter shopping. Just need to get a purse to go with my dress. I'm thinking one of those classy straw bags. Not the casual kind. Do y'all know what I'm talking about?

My son's birthday is next week. More shopping. More spending.

Oh, and my husband should be home Monday. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because there's been a few times when he's supposed to have come home, only for him to get sent more work to do.
I like those straw bags and now they come in all different colors. Oh, I hope your hubby makes it home. It must be tough being separated like that....also hard on your kids.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning all, Jumping up and down this morning, not raining out side!!! A bunch of homes got damaged on the rivers around here with flooding though, so sad.
My agent called late last night when he finally heard back from thAT agent, she was upset because the people tried to get back into the house yesterday and it was locked. He asked her if she had not answered her email and IF she would of returned his calls she would of known why. He told me he is positive it was them now too, because she didn't even try to deny that they had been going in and out. We are suppose to have a difinate time today on the inspection. She wouldn't even say why they wanted back in the house.

Niki sure hope the dh gets home to see you all and that he is there for the holidays too.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hammy: One day at a time girl. You are in my prayers. Did they tell you to do any bedrest??
No, no bedrest and I will have MAJOR issues if they want me to do bedrest. I have a full-time job that I cannot just give up to lay in bed.

Quote:
Okay- I like dogs and animals in general and have provided well enough for those I have owned ...but can someone please tell me at what point it became the THING to get dogs TEETH cleaned???
Call me mean, animal hater, uncaring , or freaking whatever, but there is no way we are gonna spend $300 to get a almost 15 yr old dog's teeth 'cleaned', who is in 'exceptionally good health for her age' quote the vet.
Puleeze. Ain't gonna happen.
pfft, off to something else
We had our Hershey's teeth cleaned once. That dog has NASTY teeth! And his breath! It can knock you over from across the room!. I don't know what to do about it.

Kristine

Old 04-01-2009, 07:53 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, Jumping up and down this morning, not raining out side!!! A bunch of homes got damaged on the rivers around here with flooding though, so sad.
My agent called late last night when he finally heard back from thAT agent, she was upset because the people tried to get back into the house yesterday and it was locked. He asked her if she had not answered her email and IF she would of returned his calls she would of known why. He told me he is positive it was them now too, because she didn't even try to deny that they had been going in and out. We are suppose to have a difinate time today on the inspection. She wouldn't even say why they wanted back in the house.

Niki sure hope the dh gets home to see you all and that he is there for the holidays too.

I cannot believe they think it is just OK to walk into someone else's home. They don't own it yet and they have no right to be doing that!

Kristine

Old 04-01-2009, 08:04 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
why hi there Hammey! Have come to the conclusion that the buyers believe they have all the rights and sellers are here just to make them happy and to make their dreams come true. After all aren't all sellers delusional and desperate? NOT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate