Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
In my much younger days...I climbed to the top (the crown) of the Statue of Liberty. I also have been to the top of the Empire state building. Do y'all remember the movie "An Affair to Remember" with Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant? OMG---when he (Grant) saw the painting and then the wheel chair??? Then there was "Sleepless in Seattle."
Ah. Sleepless in Seattle. LOVED the movie Tex!! Love TH and MR. You know something, as a NYorker--*for 34 years of my life* I have never been to Empire State Building! I go by it all the time now lol but will get there this summer when it's warmer. Rockefeller Center is cool w/the ice skating in the winter time!! So pretty with the Xmas lights lit up through the city..... Magnolia Bakery - New York City THIS IS the place to go!! All cupcakes!!

Quote:
I grew up on LI and never went to Manhatten or the statue of liberty or the empire state building.
You sound like me Lorrie!!! I didn't go to Manhattan until I was about 19!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Ah. Sleepless in Seattle. LOVED the movie Tex!! Love TH and MR. You know something, as a NYorker--*for 34 years of my life* I have never been to Empire State Building! I go by it all the time now lol but will get there this summer when it's warmer. Rockefeller Center is cool w/the ice skating in the winter time!! So pretty with the Xmas lights lit up through the city..... Magnolia Bakery - New York City THIS IS the place to go!! All cupcakes!!

You sound like me Lorrie!!! I didn't go to Manhattan until I was about 19!

It is so sad that my daughter has been to both. When we lived in NJ and I was working weekends hubby took her.

What I do remember was we got tickets for our daughter to be on Wonderama a TV show back in the 60's.70's. I think she was 5 or 6. It was an hour show and what does she do infront of millions of people scratches her butt.

Last edited by lorriem; 04-02-2009 at 05:38 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
It is so sad that my daughter has been to both. When we lived in NJ and I was working weekends hubby took her.

What I do remember was we got tickets for our daughter to be on Wonderama a TV show back in the 60's.70's. I think she was 5 or 6. It was an hour show and what does she do infront of millions of people scratches her butt.

ROFL Lorrie!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM

BARB!!!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 05:56 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
If you love SIS...then you HAVE to see An Affair to Remember. It's a classic! You will cry your eyes out at the end!

I've always wanted to come to NYC when the tree is all lit up at Rockefeller Center--but never made it yet. My sister and I were discussing about going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

I want to go to Serendipity also--never been but I hear their frozen hot chocolate is to die for.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:58 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post

LOL! How funny!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:06 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
hey all where is everyone????

Lacey glad you made it home safely and had a wonderful time, a well desearved brake, huh?

Lorriem, That is funny! I hope you got a copy of the show, she should never live that one own.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
Been messing around here trying to think of what I need to take to Atl next week. Got the chairs done, but gonna do the 2 kit barstools now.

My DD drives me insane sometimes. I am fit to be tied. I think they are blowing thru that $7500 first time buyer money credit they got. Instaed of stashing most of it away for a rainy day.They got windows...NOW she just called me up asking if $3700 is too much for carpet. Well first off I said YOU DO NOT go with the first freaking estimate. And we have never paid that much for carpet. We tend to buy 'end rolls' of pretty good carpet when we do, plus we remove carpet and old carpet tack strips & have it ready for the layers ot come in. SO I do not know. They need new freaking carpet like they need holes in their heads. you ought to see the stove
I am so spitting mad, I need to cool off
bbl

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Oh Crazy, All I can say is well ----KIDS! Yep I know and you know I know, lol. Do you think we can trade them in on new improved models? I'll trade my 2 for 1 right now, lol.

Well heard they did do the inspections and now they want a HVAC guy to come out tomorrow to see about the antique model at the house. Power goes off tomorrow so they better damn well be early! I tell you for what they are paying they can do a complete overall and still come out ahead.

Looks like the rain is gone for a few days, thank you thank you thank you! Well I am heading off for the night...........

Old 04-03-2009, 04:32 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Good morning all-Texas that movie is the best and a full box of tissues required.

NJSocks-not exhausted but renewed. Seeing my kids and grands plus friends was great medicine even tho we didn't get out much due to Mr. L's not feeling up to par but thankfully he seems to be regaining his strength.

Tambre-safe journey and Barb have a ball! Happy Anniversary to you and DogPa.

Yesterday we discussed whether to re-list May 1st or just give up for awhile. We love our house, town-hate the winters. But talked about going "home" every 6 mos. If it sells it sells-but after a year I am at a break point. It's a big decision we have to agree on.

Painter glad the rain stopped. Bride and Groom went to GA for their honeymoon-with the crazy weather-we could be grandparents in 9 months as they couldn't go out much-LOL.

CrazyMa-what can I tell ya-kids will be kids.

Still trying to catch up kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate