Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times

Advertisements

Hey DezertGirl- WELCOME to CAMP!! First off, you might want to post you a thread of your own with your question, as to reach a wider audience. Of course all the really cool people hang out at camp or mosey by and just don't let on LOL
To take a non professional stab at your inquiry, I would have to say I don't know. I find it worrisome that the property has been vacant so long, even more so that the seller won't/can't fix the septic issues. HOW in the WORLD do they think they can get a buyer, unless someone just happens along who can pay cash?!?! Can the seller not escrow funds from a sell to take care of the issue??
When you say the 'bank' will not finance, what bank??? Has someone tried to buy it and been turned down because of this issue?

If your heart is set on this place, have you considered talking with a local to that area, smaller bank to see if they could offer financing...of course the septic issues would have to be corrected ASAP- maybe somehow written in to part of a lending deal.
Or maybe there is a local investor type up there that does private lending, that could get you in the property, then allowing you to remedy the situation and POSSIBLY get a standard mortgage...
I am just thinking out loud.

Maybe some of our resident agents can chime in on this???

Old 04-01-2009, 11:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Gold*dust, gold*dust, you're so kind
Little ole me is outta my mind!
It is very easy to see
that coming to camp has affected ye.
Now you're writing po-et-try
Watch out girl...
You'll turn crazy like me!
You must be loving your new house,
you have been as quiet as a mouse!!
But as always I'm glad you're here,
all peeps at camp have nothing to fear!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:20 PM

563 posts, read 1,449,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey DezertGirl- WELCOME to CAMP!!
Thank you!!!! Well, if it's anything like California, the banks will not finance anything with certain issues and I think that's coming into play in this case. I have to get extra creative in this buyer's market...LOL! I can see the place after the 10th, I hope!

I appreciate your 2 cents!!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:47 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi, We're leaving for a visit to Missouri tomorrow, and we'll be back here in NY by Easter. There's no internet out there, so I'll be going through withdrawals, lol. I'll miss you all. Texas, are you glad to be back to work? Are you pain free?
Have a safe trip Tambre! Yes I am glad to be back to work for monetary reasons! Yes, I am pain free. I just love my neurosurgeon. I gave him a big hug when I had my appt with him last week!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi all, Just wanted to let you know I heard from JudyP. She will be back when things calm down for her, she is alright but super super busy. Wanted you all to know she was thinking about you.
Thanks Painter. I'm relieved to hear that. I was worried about her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Just tired, need to pack the suitcases tonight for the flight..its sure different packing to fly as opposed to packing to drive..in the car i can just toss stuff in..tonight will put the flight suitcases stuff in order, we have to leave here pretty early.
Totally agree. Packing for a car is so much easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post

I agree with the two different ways we have to pack. One way to fly and another way to drive. I cannot get use to putting all my make up and other bottle things in my garment bag and not in my carry on.
I miss having my stuff (make up/toiletries) in my carry on---damn terrorists.
Quote:
crap... I am so easy to take a dare...
okay cover your eyes, here's a couple of pic I just took. Don't be scared, my makeup artist left for the evening and I lost my comb. I usually try to stay out of the paparazzi's view but...........WTH...I must answer the dare...boy am I fun at parties!!
Attachment 39033

(and if anyone tells me I remind them of Mama/vicki lawrence from mama's family I shall banish your a&& from camp forever and ever...I do not, I look JUST LIKE Sophia Loren!.........on a realllllllly bad day LOL)
Attachment 39034
You are so darn cute! Your personality matches your picture. Just looking at your pics I can tell you would be the life of the party!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Hi yaall,

Just checking in...spent the afternoon in hospital with my dear aunt..shes like a2nd mom to me. She had quad by pass surgery 2 yrs ago and today they think she had a mini stroke or a series of them. I am very worried about her.
Prayers being said for your aunt Jody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
ROFL...you are the craziest, zaniest Crazyma...take a bow

She's crazy, not lazy...in fact she's one busy bee.
She can cook the bacon, sew like the dickens, while penning a poem with glee!!!
The amusement she provides is for free!! She can look like Loren for a fee!
WOW Gold*dust! Another poet in the group!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 AM

Dezert Girl... Until I get home and can send you a proper welcome graphic.... (at work right now and cannot do proper graphics!) ...until then...WELCOME! Oh, and I really don't know the answers to your questions. Like crazyma said...I would post a new thread on RE--you will get a lot more answers that way.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:39 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Crazyma, you look like exactly like I pictured! hehe.
Dogmom-enjoy the trip, enjoy the wedding, enjoy the wine....!!!
Welcome dezertgirl. sounds like you're in a position my husband and I were in. We picked out property in Co but we couldnt/wouldnt buy it til our house in Pa sells. that was just over a year ago. And we're still for sale. Like you, we would be able to buy the property with cash if our house sold. Anyway, like we say on here a mazillion times (??) if it's meant to be, it will be. sorry, i dont have any 'professional' advice for you. but welcome!
5 days of work for me then our "spring break" from work. i think i need more than that to relax.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:20 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,398 times
Morning gals, sitting here with the TV and radar, under yet another flood, tornado, severe storm watch. More bad assssss storms coming in off the gulf, say the worse will be early afternoon. It is so so still out, eirrieeeee.

Well agent e-mailed me to unlock the little house for a 10 a.m. inspection today. So I am gonna head over there and unlock it again, doubt if I go back till late with the weather the way it is.

Dezert, welcome and best of luck, the only thing I can think of is maybe the rural development loans or fha has some programs that will finance repairs into the mortgages. They also have lower credit requires from what I understand. will the owner do a lease purchase, with a hugh down payment at time of your sale? Alot of sellers are considering this with the way things are.

Dogma, Have a bunch of fun, and a safe trip. Put a nickle in a slot for me! Yes a nickle that is all I would want to loose today, not feeling very lucky, lol.

Crazyma, blah blah blah back at you! Hey I use to keep my hair cut like that, when I worked out side in the ovens! Now it is to the middle of my back, time to cut soon.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:12 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi,

We're leaving for a visit to Missouri tomorrow, and we'll be back here in NY by Easter. There's no internet out there, so I'll be going through withdrawals, lol. I'll miss you all. Texas, are you glad to be back to work? Are you pain free? Hope you sellers get some showings and positive feedback and an offer or two. Hammy, hope and pray you're feeling well. Judy, whatever is going on, I hope it turns out for the best. Dogmom, loved the dresses...you're so glam. I'm a tomboy and wear jeans every chance I get. Lacey, hope the wedding was a blast. Dogmom, also hope your son's wedding also goes smoothly. Niki, you must be really looking forward to seeing dh. Same with you Roth. Crazyma, don't work too hard! NJ, when do you start with a new realtor? Bye for awhile.
Have a wonderful and safe trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I'm trying to catch up as I can....lol....I agree...CD withdrawals..well only camp, its really the only one I post on anymore..

Just tired, need to pack the suitcases tonight for the flight..its sure different packing to fly as opposed to packing to drive..in the car i can just toss stuff in..tonight will put the flight suitcases stuff in order, we have to leave here pretty early.

Tomorrow is our 32nd anniversary..so I am going to have a glass of wine on the plane..or two, lol..once we hit the ground running in Vegas..well no rest for us until we get back here Monday afternoon...then I am sleeping for two days..

Later campers!
Have a great time at the wedding and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Quote:
crap... I am so easy to take a dare...
okay cover your eyes, here's a couple of pic I just took. Don't be scared, my makeup artist left for the evening and I lost my comb. I usually try to stay out of the paparazzi's view but...........WTH...I must answer the dare...boy am I fun at parties!!
Attachment 39033

(and if anyone tells me I remind them of Mama/vicki lawrence from mama's family I shall banish your a&& from camp forever and ever...I do not, I look JUST LIKE Sophia Loren!.........on a realllllllly bad day LOL)
Attachment 39034
You are so hilarious, cover your eyes. Your adorable!

Kristine

Old 04-02-2009, 08:56 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Gold*dust, gold*dust, you're so kind
Little ole me is outta my mind!
It is very easy to see
that coming to camp has affected ye.
Now you're writing po-et-try
Watch out girl...
You'll turn crazy like me!
You must be loving your new house,
you have been as quiet as a mouse!!
But as always I'm glad you're here,
all peeps at camp have nothing to fear!

Awww I love it...a poem for thee Actually I am an occasional closet poet. I wrote a good one for my Dads funeral...cousin told me it brought her to tears (pastor read it).

It gets the emotions out don't it Ma?!

Dog have a great time at the wedding

All campers have a great Thursday!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate