Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 04:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay I am going into a "lecture mode" here ladies. Just to give you all alittle bit to think about. I always give the reasons why I would never marry again and how much I love my independence, ect but............... Let me tell you all how lucky you all are to have someone to share your life with. This selling business is a pain in the ass for me, I have sole responsibility for everything. I take care of 3000sf, 14 acres, a pool, dogs, cats, horses, kids and what is left of my business. My day starts around 5 a.m. and ends around 12 p.m. and this is 7 days aweek No trips, no vacations. There is no one here to talk to about this, no one to get a hug from, no one to help out, no one to run to the store, to watch t.v. with or to bring home a paycheck. So I am going to tell you all to appreciate all of the ups and downs of having a significant other, to understand you are not alone, and that you both have the same stress while one may handle it better than the other. Count your blessings for the love you have and share believe me being single is only nice 20% of the time, the other 80% sucks. It may have a better percentage if I was 25 again but not at my age. Now this not directed at anyone in perticular but just wanted to put this out there for something to think about. So I would like to see you all have a nice quiet dinner and to forget the stress of the day and just enjoy your night together, hold hands, go for a walk or just sit and be still.
Amen sister! Being alone is not fun--my married friends all envy me, but in truth, I envy them. I always wanted to be a mom and it never happened...now it's too late. I would have made a fantastic mother also. I am very good with children...in fact, I get along better with kids than I do with adults!

So Painter nailed it on the head--count your blessings, ride the ups and downs of the roller coaster. You could be riding solo and it can get very depressing.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:13 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Amen sister! Being alone is not fun--my married friends all envy me, but in truth, I envy them. I always wanted to be a mom and it never happened...now it's too late. I would have made a fantastic mother also. I am very good with children...in fact, I get along better with kids than I do with adults!

So Painter nailed it on the head--count your blessings, ride the ups and downs of the roller coaster. You could be riding solo and it can get very depressing.

TEX IS RIGHT !! Painter. OMG!! 14 acres of land................I can't even take care of my .25 of an acre!! We used to have 2 acres in Cape Cod.
KUDOS Painter and Tex........
You girls rock. My kids would love you Tex!! You sound so sweet! I am sorry you never got to be a mom......
I would rep you both but I have to spread the wealth around------Id give you a 1000 stars!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:14 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Okay I am going into a "lecture mode" here ladies. Just to give you all alittle bit to think about. I always give the reasons why I would never marry again and how much I love my independence, ect but............... Let me tell you all how lucky you all are to have someone to share your life with. This selling business is a pain in the ass for me, I have sole responsibility for everything. I take care of 3000sf, 14 acres, a pool, dogs, cats, horses, kids and what is left of my business. My day starts around 5 a.m. and ends around 12 p.m. and this is 7 days aweek No trips, no vacations. There is no one here to talk to about this, no one to get a hug from, no one to help out, no one to run to the store, to watch t.v. with or to bring home a paycheck. So I am going to tell you all to appreciate all of the ups and downs of having a significant other, to understand you are not alone, and that you both have the same stress while one may handle it better than the other. Count your blessings for the love you have and share believe me being single is only nice 20% of the time, the other 80% sucks. It may have a better percentage if I was 25 again but not at my age. Now this not directed at anyone in perticular but just wanted to put this out there for something to think about. So I would like to see you all have a nice quiet dinner and to forget the stress of the day and just enjoy your night together, hold hands, go for a walk or just sit and be still.

Painter I agree I have no idea what I would do If i was to lose Gary If that cancer comes back. I am so scared at times with the what ifs.I don't tell Gary or anyone even my daughter about the pain in my gut when I think about it.We go back to fL for his scans in early May and this is the beginning of a down time for me without Gary knowing.
I went from my Mom and Dads home to Marraige Always had someone to take care of me. I was never alone. I have no idea how you handle all you do.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How are you chickie!!

Omg. I am still afraid to go under after I was told how I made the nurses and docs laugh hysterically because of whatever I said !!!!!!!! omg. God only knows.

I cannot believe people bark coming out of anesthesia/light sedation!!! Do y'all laugh when people do that?? or does it get to be mundane lol........... You are a hoot Tex! Right about the preps!! I would line up the NYLYTELY and have it on the rox. Line up all 10-15 glasses of it and start chugging........omg. So tasty. Not lol.. But the day of, I was beyond hungry--and didn't even want to eat after not eating for 20 hrs lol.......I couldn't wait until they put me out......................lol.........I could finally rest. lol.
I'm good--how are you? How's my kiddies doing?

Oh we laugh alright! The barking episode was hysterical, but we couldnt laugh because she was in and out of it. Some of the things said while under is so funny. Most people sleep/snore, but the times when they talk---

Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
TEX IS RIGHT !! Painter. OMG!! 14 acres of land................I can't even take care of my .25 of an acre!! We used to have 2 acres in Cape Cod.
KUDOS Painter and Tex........
You girls rock. My kids would love you Tex!! You sound so sweet! I am sorry you never got to be a mom......
I would rep you both but I have to spread the wealth around------Id give you a 1000 stars!
Give me your kiddos for a week-end--I'll have them dressed up in cowboy/cowgirl gear! They won't want to come home--they will have so much fun being with Aunt Shelly!!

My nephew who is going to be 25 in July, used to pack his little suitcase when he was only 2 yrs old and tell his mom he was coming to stay with me!! He would spend practically every week-end at my house! I spoiled him and his sister rotten. His sister was my neice who was killed in a car accident when she was only 15 yrs old. I had so much fun with them when they were little. I miss those times. Him and I are still close--in fact he is helping me move to Texas--he's driving the rental truck!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I'm good--how are you? How's my kiddies doing?

Oh we laugh alright! The barking episode was hysterical, but we couldnt laugh because she was in and out of it. Some of the things said while under is so funny. Most people sleep/snore, but the times when they talk---
I am dying to know what they say LOL> Is it R-rated? LOL>>>>>>>
omg...........

Oh, do you know if they have advanced since Nulytely??? anything easier? don't they have a pill to take now??? or am I dreaming>>> I was told to take that magnesium citrate!!!! I gagged on it the first chug of it and then I got the chills!!!!!!!!!!!. The other stuff worked fine lol. I sht for hours.lol......

Your kidlets are doing great!!!!thank you for asking!!!!!!!Auntie!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Painter I agree I have no idea what I would do If i was to lose Gary If that cancer comes back. I am so scared at times with the what ifs.I don't tell Gary or anyone even my daughter about the pain in my gut when I think about it.We go back to fL for his scans in early May and this is the beginning of a down time for me without Gary knowing.
I went from my Mom and Dads home to Marraige Always had someone to take care of me. I was never alone. I have no idea how you handle all you do.
I will keep Gary in my prayers for clean scans! God will take care of him.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Give me your kiddos for a week-end--I'll have them dressed up in cowboy/cowgirl gear! They won't want to come home--they will have so much fun being with Aunt Shelly!!

My nephew who is going to be 25 in July, used to pack his little suitcase when he was only 2 yrs old and tell his mom he was coming to stay with me!! He would spend practically every week-end at my house! I spoiled him and his sister rotten. His sister was my neice who was killed in a car accident when she was only 15 yrs old. I had so much fun with them when they were little. I miss those times. Him and I are still close--in fact he is helping me move to Texas--he's driving the rental truck!
Omg. That is so sad about your niece. Poor thing. You have a heart of gold Auntie Shelly!!! They would love it at your house. Hold me to it...I will come and visit you!!!!!!!!! remember I fly for free lol........*standby* since the hub works for the airlines. How about a housewarming party when you move back!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I am dying to know what they say LOL> Is it R-rated? LOL>>>>>>>
omg...........

Oh, do you know if they have advanced since Nulytely??? anything easier? don't they have a pill to take now??? or am I dreaming>>> I was told to take that magnesium citrate!!!! I gagged on it the first chug of it and then I got the chills!!!!!!!!!!!. The other stuff worked fine lol. I sht for hours.lol......

Your kidlets are doing great!!!!thank you for asking!!!!!!!Auntie!
There's Half-litely--only 2 liters instead of 4 liters! There is a pill prep, but it's more than one pill. I forget how many...we don't use that prep because it doesn't do a good job of cleaning out the colon. And if the doctor can't see the walls of your colon then the exam is useless. You want that colon squeaky clean because it's easier for a perforation to occur when the doctor can't see where he is pushing the scope! And remember...no red liquids or jello with the prep. Red looks like blood to us when we are doing the exam!

Mag citrate is awful!

They swear sometimes and they talk "suggestively" sometimes to the doctors! LOL!! This one guy had me laughing hysterically...he said "hey doc, can you tell my wife that my head isn't really up there?"

Hey Stoy, Tambre, Niki, MFP, dogmom, painter, Lorrie...let's see ...who else is here tonight? Hope I didn't miss anyone. Niki, have a nice dinner with your hubby. I totally understand what you are saying about liking to cook for your man!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Omg. That is so sad about your niece. Poor thing. You have a heart of gold Auntie Shelly!!! They would love it at your house. Hold me to it...I will come and visit you!!!!!!!!! remember I fly for free lol........*standby* since the hub works for the airlines. How about a housewarming party when you move back!!!
YES!!! I can't wait!! I will hold you to that visit now! We will have a BLAST! I will have to think of some kid things to do in Austin--I'm sure there's lots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate