Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Good morning all-Tex that french toast sounds decadently good.

NJSocks-still raining there? Build the ark.

Same old, same old here-no showings but 9 on-line views.

Happy day all and hope you get showings.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:29 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Morning Lacey, You are ahead of me 9-0! Although some of the listings are dropping off as expired, either going fsbo or they just pulled out. I am down to 6 places in competion and 4 are higher and 1 that is lower (short sale). No one is even looking at large properties so I am told. It is disheartening for sure.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Very disheartening. In a way I'm sorry we re-listed but would hate to miss the "good" season.

Just saw where SC has stopped foreclosure sales. And Flint,MI is destroying foreclosed, empty homes and selling the lots to the neighbors for $25 to get rid of the "blight".

Who would've dreamt 2 years ago that this would be happening.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:05 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-Tex that french toast sounds decadently good.

NJSocks-still raining there? Build the ark.

Same old, same old here-no showings but 9 on-line views.

Happy day all and hope you get showings.
HI Lacey!!
OMG! It poured last night...Bad storm. It went on for 30 minutes! then started up again--I wore an sleep/eye mask to bed so I really didn't see the fireworks--but heard them lol......I hate storms...(if I am alone)thankfully, Mr. Socks was home lol...sometimes he works late and hate being alone *(even though I have my kids I don't want to look like a pansy lol being afraid in front of them lol)... Tonight more thunderstorms and another 1/2 in. of rain. At least our snapdragons are growing like crazy!! Our grass is another story......We may have to roll out the sod soon! Other owners left it like shat and of course we have to fix it!
Did Manhattan yesterday *for Ralph Lauren* but it was easy peasy---in and out without a hitch------------next to no major traffic!

How are you L?? We have to relist soon with another agent. Have had many calling us!!! since they know the listing is now expired! We will interview a few this weeeknd............but take another week off or so to do little things around the house to primp it up....I refuse to put granite and 42 in. cabs though in it...lol......Realtor finally came and got her lockbox---and sent me a quick email stating she picked it up---and said best of luck and to "stay in touch"..........She sucked as a realtor but she was nice in general. I will give her that. She didn't do anything for us of course LOL>>>>

Lorrie- You and hub are in my prayers..Everything will be A-ok!!

Painter- how are you!! Are you getting rain like us???> It is Noah's Ark here!! LOL *that is my son's name too! Supposed to get rain til Sat.!!

MOTHERS DAY this Sun.! I don't know what we have planned yet..Maybe brunch? But I am dieting lol.......so that may be out lol...Happy Mom's day to all the Mothers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazyma, Tambre-Brookdale, Niki, HDL *Where are YOU??*, Judy???
TEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX how are you chicklet?????getting psyched for TX? soon???

Old 05-06-2009, 09:06 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,348,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning Lacey, You are ahead of me 9-0! Although some of the listings are dropping off as expired, either going fsbo or they just pulled out. I am down to 6 places in competion and 4 are higher and 1 that is lower (short sale). No one is even looking at large properties so I am told. It is disheartening for sure.

We had 7 views 2 weeks ago for the week----------ugh!! 732 views for 9 months LMAO! and how many offers?? N-o-n-e!!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM

NJSocks when Mr. L was in the service and away most of the time I had such a fear of storms and when I look back it's a wonder my kids turned out normal. If a storm hit at night-I would carry them out of their beds and bring them with me, close all blinds,shades,drapes. They don't bother me anymore.

My grands told me it was raining bad and today is youngest's b-day (she's 10) and was hoping for sun.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Lacey and NJ I am so afraid of thunder storms. Never was that afraid until we moved to FL the first time in 77. NJ I like you am OK when hubby is home and unlike you lacey I never have out grew the fear. I am more afraid of a tornado that might come with a bad storm then anything else.
I just got back from the eye doc and I need lazier surgery on one of my eyes a film is growing over one of the cataract lens. Darn. No time to have it done since Gary has to be at the office if I could get a very early app't or one after 4 I could do it but they are full up tomorrow and FRI after the ONC we have to get home. Today would have been OK but the ins CO has to approve it. So in a few months we will be back again for me. I thought after have cataract lens in both eyes I was through. NOT.
Just finished a large starbucks so good. There is a Starbucks right across the street so I drink my 6 mos quota. It is so hard to find one in NC. That might be a good thing since it is so loaded with calories.
Again Lacey you did the right thing re listing during the busy season.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I had the BEST french toast in Kentucky! It was called raspberry stuffed french toast.
You take cream cheese and mix it with raspberry flavored syrup and then spread it between 2 slices of multi-grain bread. Then you dip it in egg wash and then throw it on the griddle as you normally would. Then you use the raspberry flavored syrup for over it. OMG--so good! You can use any of the flavored syrups....strawberry, blueberry....YUMMO!!

That sounds sooooo good. I love French toast and all those mixings just added to my eat list.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
We had 7 views 2 weeks ago for the week----------ugh!! 732 views for 9 months LMAO! and how many offers?? N-o-n-e!!

One of those PB might just remember your place. We looked at the house we bought several months before we decided to buy it. Never forget that people do have lists of top homes and yours might be on a few.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
woo hoo I had a window of opportunity!!! and got the yard mowed YEE HAW Now I get to mess around out there some more.

Barb the cookies are basically those 'thumbprint' ones and I used red plum jelly for the filling...gonna give'em a light dusting of powered sugar before he hauls them off this evening. Real easy recipe and I have some long vowel-less name for them too...LOL We ate 2 last night and they were pretty good!
So glad my friend reccomended them!! will post recipe later

NJ cool beans- Ralph L ! OH snapdragons- among my favorite- I liek to play with the blloms and make'em snap
C/ma says -Now about an agent- see if you can find one that has had real listings (not so much shorts or foreclosure) that have sold...not so much the agent that has been on the buyer's agent end with sales. You gotta have a good listing agent, 'cause chances are someone else will bring the buyer.
I remember one we talked to once, kept going on about all she sold, but she had no listings, and seemed a little confused as to being a listing agent LOL

Lorrie- yep we looked at this house a total of 5 times, starting about 3 months before the offer- of course the 'chocolate' gift & welcome to wichita basket the last look got them the offer!

Well I need to eat a bite and see what other damage I can do

PEEPS Keep your chins up...no matter what, YOU ARE the best, don't let naysayers and doomers and gloomers get ya down. those folks like that must be living a terrilbe life- don't join them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate