Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I am bummed and so saddened... My DD let me know just now about a friend of hers back East( that we have met) that has apparently been on a downward spiral these last couple of months. Long story short, 'J' is now in a rehab facility after a recent bad series of events. Say a little prayer for J, her hubby and 3 kids....he was on military duty and had to come in...so he has a lot to figure out in a short time period.
SO sad, you just never know what someone is dealing with and how quickly they can lose control....
I will keep J and her family in my prayers.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Sara, I will also keep her and her family in my prayers..

Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,186,476 times
Thanks you guys. DD seemed pretty shook up...& I was shocked to say the least....

oh I is SO tired from the mowing & digging for the wild flower bed, gonna shower and hopefully conk out.
Oh the cookies hubby took were a hit! None were left will have to post the easy recipe tomorrow, friends suggestion was SPOT on !!!

y'all have a good nite...hugs

Old 05-07-2009, 07:47 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
BEST OF LUCK THERE LACEY, NIKI AND STOY WITH YOUR SHOWING!! Sure hope to see some contracts soon.

Been up awhile, the birds are singing and as soon as it dries up abit I am off to cut grass again! Yesterday was not the greatest here but it maybe worth a giggle or two- Drove into town to get some sodas and as soon as I got in the truck I smelled a gas odor, looked under the truck got back in a roled down the windows. Part way to town it got so bad I thought I was gonna upshuck. Pulled off looked under seats, ect and went to the back and opened the tailgate and there it was. A bag of meat left in it since last Saturdays shopping! It was so so nasty. Told my dd that if she was home I would lock her in that dang truck till she gagged! Also my neighbor was upset with me because I missed his birthday and the best of all ANOTHER MOCKINGBIRD IS NESTING IN THE GARAGE

Old 05-07-2009, 08:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Painter when is this book going to come out-it will be a best seller for sure! You poor thing.

Get this folks-it is May right? Well this morning weather channel-Sat. "wintry mix". Can I win for losing or what. Just swept n vacuumed the garage, hauled out deck furn., power scrubbed front porch, put out rockers n tables-and now this!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Morning campers, I've been up for a couple hours, have seen two or three downpours...eww...i'll be growing moss pretty soon.

Guess what UPS delivered yesterday...a WII and WII fit. Ordered it a couple weeks ago, almost forgot..can't wait to open it up and see if I can use it for some light exercise to start..comes with some programs like bowling, i think a couple programs that are game related for Dogpaw.. will report.

The appraisal came through on the new house so that is a good sign i guess.. we could close tomorrow and that would be fine with me..I know our agent and her assistant are working our file everyday..I'm sure my dad takes care of that. My brother, who lives with my folks, went over to our new place with the weed whacker and my dad said it looks totally different...and they are watering the front and plants every day since it is getting hot. I am so anxious..

well going to either get dressed or go back to bed..haven't decided yet lol..dogs went back to bed, think they might have the right idea..

Old 05-07-2009, 09:10 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,446,083 times
Hi dogmom, Did I miss something? the house is a done deal???? so hope so!!

Lacey, A book, hmmm wonder if I would get featured on Miss O's? Dont much like her but....hope the weather is predicted wrong! I am beginning to think Mother Nature needs to be put on meds, she must be going through the "change"!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Oh the cookies hubby took were a hit! None were left will have to post the easy recipe tomorrow, friends suggestion was SPOT on !!!
Yummy--cookies!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
BEST OF LUCK THERE LACEY, NIKI AND STOY WITH YOUR SHOWING!! Sure hope to see some contracts soon.

Been up awhile, the birds are singing and as soon as it dries up abit I am off to cut grass again! Yesterday was not the greatest here but it maybe worth a giggle or two- Drove into town to get some sodas and as soon as I got in the truck I smelled a gas odor, looked under the truck got back in a roled down the windows. Part way to town it got so bad I thought I was gonna upshuck. Pulled off looked under seats, ect and went to the back and opened the tailgate and there it was. A bag of meat left in it since last Saturdays shopping! It was so so nasty. Told my dd that if she was home I would lock her in that dang truck till she gagged! Also my neighbor was upset with me because I missed his birthday and the best of all ANOTHER MOCKINGBIRD IS NESTING IN THE GARAGE
LMAO!! Oh no...not another mockingbird.

I didn't realize Lacey and Niki had showings too! GOOD LUCK GUYS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Get this folks-it is May right? Well this morning weather channel-Sat. "wintry mix". Can I win for losing or what. Just swept n vacuumed the garage, hauled out deck furn., power scrubbed front porch, put out rockers n tables-and now this!
You poor thing--I could never live where you are living! I HATE snow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Guess what UPS delivered yesterday...a WII and WII fit. Ordered it a couple weeks ago, almost forgot..can't wait to open it up and see if I can use it for some light exercise to start..comes with some programs like bowling, i think a couple programs that are game related for Dogpaw.. will report.

The appraisal came through on the new house so that is a good sign i guess.. we could close tomorrow and that would be fine with me..I know our agent and her assistant are working our file everyday..I'm sure my dad takes care of that. My brother, who lives with my folks, went over to our new place with the weed whacker and my dad said it looks totally different...and they are watering the front and plants every day since it is getting hot. I am so anxious..
Yes report back about the Wii Fit! I have been thinking about buying one. That's nice that your family is taking care of your soon to be property!

Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
GOOD LUCK STOY!! We are all rooting for your house to BE the ONE!!

I am bummed and so saddened... My DD let me know just now about a friend of hers back East( that we have met) that has apparently been on a downward spiral these last couple of months. Long story short, 'J' is now in a rehab facility after a recent bad series of events. Say a little prayer for J, her hubby and 3 kids....he was on military duty and had to come in...so he has a lot to figure out in a short time period.
SO sad, you just never know what someone is dealing with and how quickly they can lose control....

well I need to go dig some more un the flower bed I am trying to do

later peeps

We had a similar story with a member of our family but her husband was the cause. Verbal abuse. She is the mom of 5 young children and was also working. She did go to rehap for a few months and is in the process of a divorce.
My prayers for J will be said. This effects all family members and close friends like your daughter. Saying a prayer for your dd also.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter when is this book going to come out-it will be a best seller for sure! You poor thing.

Lacey you can only blame yourself by getting your summer stuff out. It is like washing a car you just know it will rain.
You will go straight from winter to summer and skip the spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate