Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey Texas YOU better wave to me at the Derby, I watch it every year. Here is a story on my only experience with the derby: Back in 1976, a couple of friends and I were going to it and I ended up having to work and was told if I didn't show up that I would be fired. I had saved up $100 to bet with and so I gave it to my friend to place the bet. Named my 3 picks in order and I 'll be dang if they didn't win just like I said. Was so excited, couldn't wait till they got back with my winnings, cant remember how much it was but it was a good bit to me. Anyway when they got back, she handed me my $100 back, they never made it to the Derby. Had stopped at a park on the way down and joined in a party and well that was the end of that. I was so mad.......still makes me mad, lol.
I'll wave to you everytime I see a TV cameraman around! I am usually in the Infield--that's where all the "party til ya drop" people hang out.

I love going--it's so much fun. The day before is Oaks Derby. It is the "run for the lillies"--mostly 3 yr old colts. That is a BLAST--more locals go to that.

My Derby horse last year, Eight Bells, came in 2nd and y'all know the rest of the story. It was sad to watch them euthanize her on the finish line.)

I would have been so mad at my friends too!!

Old 04-21-2009, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Ok, I want to come to Austin, too! Let me know, I am IN!

Went to the dr. this morning..going back in a couple weeks for a well woman exam..the xrays came back from my spine and lumbar xrays..neck and thoracic area had degenerative arthritis, the lower back seems ok..and that's where most of my worst pain is. they want me to start some physical therapy. I don't know how I am going to do this with possibly moving down south soon..guess I will start it maybe they can refer me to pt down there.

Carl is better tonight, I think it's the stress of moving...he cooked me a nice french toast dinner..what a guy, I do appreciate having him around..we have been married so long I can't imagine him not being around...hopefully won't have to face that for a very long time..
Hey, the more the merrier--c'mon down to Austin! Everyone's invited!

Glad to hear that Carl has perked up a little.

You should buy that book that MFP was talking about re: back pain and stress! It wouldn't hurt. As for PT--go a few times and tell them to set you up with a HEP (Home exercise plan)--one that you can do on your own without always going and paying a co-pay. NOt much you can do for degenerative arthritis, but if you build the core muscles up around your spine you will fill better.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Welcome back Crazyma. We all missed you. Glad you dodged the tornado and made it back safely.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Hey, the more the merrier--c'mon down to Austin! Everyone's invited!

Glad to hear that Carl has perked up a little.

You should buy that book that MFP was talking about re: back pain and stress! It wouldn't hurt. As for PT--go a few times and tell them to set you up with a HEP (Home exercise plan)--one that you can do on your own without always going and paying a co-pay. NOt much you can do for degenerative arthritis, but if you build the core muscles up around your spine you will fill better.
I meant "feel" better. I hate when I can't edit spelling mistakes!!

Well, I just finished doing my exercise DVD--Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! Woo! That is one tough program! I can't even get through level 1 without resting. There are 3 levels on the dvd. You can lose up to 20 lbs in a month. The first day I did it, my thighs hurt so dang bad. It hurt to sit down to pee. I just have to win that weight loss contest with my sister!! I want that $100.00 ship board credit next Jan!!

Now I am off to shower and then to my PT appt...then off to have my hat embellished for KY derby week-end!!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Ok, when I meet you all in Austin I will bring some depends....I have a few pee stories too...and Shelly, like you, old age and laughing or sneezing or heaven forbid, coughing..

I saw that Jillian Michaels was endorsing one of the Walk at Home programs with Leslie Sansone..I keep thinking I need to send for one and get started inside here...have to do something..I am outta control girls...

I remember the sad horse story, I cried when I watched it on TV. I know the have to do that but its still really sad..I love all animals..

MFP hope your FIL is doing ok today...

Ok need to wake up a little more...later.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:14 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I meant "feel" better. I hate when I can't edit spelling mistakes!!

Well, I just finished doing my exercise DVD--Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! Woo! That is one tough program! I can't even get through level 1 without resting. There are 3 levels on the dvd. You can lose up to 20 lbs in a month. The first day I did it, my thighs hurt so dang bad. It hurt to sit down to pee. I just have to win that weight loss contest with my sister!! I want that $100.00 ship board credit next Jan!!

Now I am off to shower and then to my PT appt...then off to have my hat embellished for KY derby week-end!!
TEX!! Hey girl!! Let me know how you do....I bought the Biggest Loser DVD LOL...and have been doing that with running 1-2 mi. on the treadmill....as of the past week.............. 20 lbs. in amonth?? damN!!!!!!!

Crazyma-welcome back girl!!! We missed you...
DOGMOM!-lmao. You made me laugh my butt off.. LOL out of control... You are funny. Take a nice walk if the weather is good.....It finally STOPPED RAINING here. BAD storms last night...I never saw so much lightning. Thankfully, my kids slept right through it!! Supp. to rain though tomorrow. YUK!

Oh, I love the email I received this am. from my wonderful realtor.
She sends me a comparative analysis of the area I am in. 5 houses this year so far sold.....She said, "Just wanted to send this report so you see that not much has closed in that area this year at all. But interesting data:
Ok, if it makes you feel better...lol......Does she think I am going to sign with her again? I don't think so!!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
TEX!! Hey girl!! Let me know how you do....I bought the Biggest Loser DVD LOL...and have been doing that with running 1-2 mi. on the treadmill....as of the past week.............. 20 lbs. in amonth?? damN!!!!!!!

Crazyma-welcome back girl!!! We missed you...
DOGMOM!-lmao. You made me laugh my butt off.. LOL out of control... You are funny. Take a nice walk if the weather is good.....It finally STOPPED RAINING here. BAD storms last night...I never saw so much lightning. Thankfully, my kids slept right through it!! Supp. to rain though tomorrow. YUK!

Oh, I love the email I received this am. from my wonderful realtor.
She sends me a comparative analysis of the area I am in. 5 houses this year so far sold.....She said, "Just wanted to send this report so you see that not much has closed in that area this year at all. But interesting data:
Ok, if it makes you feel better...lol......Does she think I am going to sign with her again? I don't think so!!
The 'email queen' strikes again..gone..done..outta there!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
The 'email queen' strikes again..gone..done..outta there!
LMAO Email queen!! You are so right.11 more days and counting.

How is Dogpa this am. Dogmom?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:11 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex and NJ-now they use MiraLax and 64 oz of Gatorade-gagging getting it down but I did it in 1 hr instead of 2 and contrary to public belief I am not full of c--p.

Night and hugs all.

I hope all went well today lacey. I have never had one done. I hate to tell all why but I will. I am not afraid of the prep but in a way I am. Everyone here must know how I feel about storms and it would be my luck I would have to do the prep work during a thunder storm my worst nightmare.
From living in FL I have listened to all the do nots during a thunder storm and I think that is one though they never did say do not use the toilet.lol

Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,859,446 times
Hi all-it's over and we're home about an hour and I have enough gas to fly a blimp!

I will NEVER do it again. Endo yes as that's a cinch. I felt eveything and did have a lot of "ouch", "what the Hell", etc. No bleed flound, no cancer, some polyps but benign, espohogas stretched. Now he want a lower barium tomorrow morning.

Had to drink 64 oz of Gatorade with 8.3 oz of Miralax and instead of 2 hrs I did it in 1 and nothing happened-jusy clear, but it was so sickening I was heaving it also. Very little sleep was had here and poor Mr. L just worries sick about me.

Doc ordered iron pills plus high fiber diet. I've covered all bases and orifices by setting a Pap for Thurs. We have "white coat syndrome" for sure.

I am exhausted and just coming to end of feeling "wobbly". I wished these past few days of my life away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate