Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 05:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,358,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
How funny!!! My grandfather always called me "George Washington" from the time I was born. My brothers picked up on it and would tease me, singing "George, George, George of the Jungle" (remember that cartoon??) I would cry and say I'm not George of the Jungle, I am George Washington!! To this day my one brother and my uncle still call me George.

Well, I'm outta here--going to my mother's grave to plant flowers. Her birthday is tomorrow.
SHEL, I would go with you if I lived closer!! It sucks losing parents. It really does. Take some time out for you and just reflect. That is what I do when I go back to Buffalo where my parents are buried. Sit, reflect and think of all the happy memories that help us get through.

TAMBRE- Great on the counter. At least yours came back lol. Mine werent going up a dime higher so I hear ....
Does your buyer have a house to sell? or no contingencies?? That is great if you can meet somewhere in the middle. Good luck girl!!

Old 06-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey all-Painter that's an enormous drop! Heard this morning interest rates creeping up and lowest number of mortgage apps since Feb. What's to become of this country?
I saw they went up to 5.54 ..Sucks doesn't it???
Everything is going down the shiotter!
You and Mr. L need to go to a nice Caribbean Island to get away from it all Lace! You guys have been through the mill.

Dogmom- My cousin lives in Olympia..Was that near you???????We may go there next year to visit them....for now we are going to meet up with them end of the month.........in PA where her mom (my aunt)lives...

Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
gee dont you just wish they would give and offer that is the bottom line and stop playing the game..
whats your bottom line? after all this waiting its so hard to think you could lose it... im sure if they love the house, you all can meet at a happy place.
i cant wait to get my offer, but im affraid of this..
my friend that just sold after almost 2 yrs. her last offer befor this one she got 20k less after going back and forth. then the lady went nuts on the inspection and tried to lowball her another 40 k..
some people are nutz! this house selling is sure draining!
ill say a prayer it all goes well!! ill be thinking of you...
Wow hdzup!that SUCKS with the peops trying to lowball again!! yikes. It is draining. We will be on the market for the "1 year mark" of trying to sell in Aug. (2 diff. realtors though)....this is a great place to come and vent.!

Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,065,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Well, I'm outta here--going to my mother's grave to plant flowers. Her birthday is tomorrow.
Hey sweetie, I'm thinking about you. Lost my dad day after christmas when I was 19 and since then that's the 1 day I never work; spend the day remembering what a great daddy he was. Your mama is looking down on you and I know she is very proud of you and what a good person you are. Some kids forget about their parents birthday when they're alive - what a good daughter you are XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
So the good news and the bad news....

The good news is we have a counter offer

The bad news is that we are still $15,000 apart in price

We are thinking of countering back, by splitting the difference. What do you think?...So, we will come down another $7,500. This means we dropped by $18,000. IF they would accept it, they will have come up by $14,500.

What do you campers think?
Split the difference - that's probably what they're expecting. From other posts I read, if I read correctly, (though sure wouldn't want the buyer's agent representing me as she seems to be disclosing a lot of info) your agent knows what they're qualified at, the buyers are not asking for the moon so splitting the difference could just do it! With the other showing tomorrow, maybe just have your agent schedule an appointment with agent for buyer for after the showing and you get a good read on the couple seeing the house - just don't want to wait too long when it looks like you have something solid now. The whole bird in the hand thing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Tambre, here is the chairs, before and after. Geeze after all that I guess I could have just bought some new chairs and cushions!
Attachment 43204

Attachment 43205

Attachment 43206
Love 'em! Darn good job, crazyma!

[/quote]

And a big Hey There to my other fellow campers!

OH, PS: On that 401k thing, it doesn't appear it's happened YET which is why I wanted ppl with 401k to read - better to know about it and find out if you could be in a position to be locked in and then not be able to get out. Of course I am NOT a financial advisor - but might not hurt to talk to someone qualified in that area, ya know? Better to have a game plan than to get caught by surprise. JMO

Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,884,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
goodnight gracie

Oh I saw this pic while surfing...thought of you Niki
Are you posting my pix on the internet, again?

Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,157,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
gee dont you just wish they would give and offer that is the bottom line and stop playing the game..
whats your bottom line? after all this waiting its so hard to think you could lose it... im sure if they love the house, you all can meet at a happy place.
i cant wait to get my offer, but im affraid of this..
my friend that just sold after almost 2 yrs. her last offer befor this one she got 20k less after going back and forth. then the lady went nuts on the inspection and tried to lowball her another 40 k..
some people are nutz! this house selling is sure draining!
ill say a prayer it all goes well!! ill be thinking of you...
Thanks hdzup3! I'm still praying that you get an offer and sell soon, so you can be on your way to Florida.

NJ, what happened to those Florida buyers? I can't believe you went back to the gym already after your procedure! You're one tough cookie. Thanks for the well wishes. This buyer has no contingencies.

C21, Crazyma, Lorrie, Dogmom, Painter, Lacey, HDL, Jodyrose, Niki and everyone, we are going to try to handcuff these buyers to the deck until the closing, if they accept the counter!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks hdzup3! I'm still praying that you get an offer and sell soon, so you can be on your way to Florida.

NJ, what happened to those Florida buyers? I can't believe you went back to the gym already after your procedure! You're one tough cookie. Thanks for the well wishes. This buyer has no contingencies.

C21, Crazyma, Lorrie, Dogmom, Painter, Lacey, HDL, Jodyrose, Niki and everyone, we are going to try to handcuff these buyers to the deck until the closing, if they accept the counter!
Nice work Tambre!! no contingencies is an awesome thing!!! Florida buyers were still in limbo last time I spoke to realtor. SHe said some buyers don't make up their minds for a year like on of her clients who wants to buy a home she has listed! . I give up LOL! The right person will come along one day....hopefully in the next decade!
Thanks girl about going back to the gym. I feel better when I go--so I look forward to it..... I hope you and your buyers meet at a respectable in -between point and you can get the hell out of dodge!! wohooo!

Old 06-10-2009, 08:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,288,470 times
hey campers i am catching up...working right now on reading 7:30 this morning...be back..

Old 06-10-2009, 08:48 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,198,662 times

Thought it was time to get the whip out again after those naughty buyers LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 08:52 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,065,166 times
Quote:

Well here you go sister

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate