Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 08:42 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times

Advertisements

lACYEY, This country is going to h3ll in a hen basket. Add less qualified buyers, less employed, less cash from equity. Yep for a country based on everyone needing more they are now finding they have less and less, and for those unfortunate ones that started with just enough are facing losing everything. so so sad. Instead of moving UP most from what I can see are moving DOWN, and not all by choice.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So I'm copying the name of the thread under the real estate section, but if any of you guys have 401k, you might want to read the article that the OP posted. Pretty darn scary and making me want to bury my money in the backyard or something.

It's an easy choice not to pay." says $65 million dollar jingle mailer

The link to the article about 401s is at the bottom.
I can't look, I just can't. It will make me despressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all, It is so dang HOT here today, going into the 90s and not a leaf is moving...ickey, sticky here...

C21, My money isnt in the ground but sitting on it losing cash every day.

tambre, So far 105k in the past 12 months, cant go much more-so much for equity huh? It better sell but I am saying it wont matter what the price is, nothing over 50k is selling here. The only thing sold so far this yr are forclosures. My agent wanted me to dropped it a total of 45K!!! Still no numbers backing it up, just pullin out of his skinny butt from what I can tell. The 20k is what the appraiser suggested and he too is an agent with the oldest agency in the county. That is all I know....

HOW IS EVERYONE ELSE TODAY-THUS FAR????
$45K? That is crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey all-Painter that's an enormous drop! Heard this morning interest rates creeping up and lowest number of mortgage apps since Feb. What's to become of this country?
This country is in some MAJOR trouble. Everyday it becomes more and more evident that we are in for it.

Kristine

Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Better than the nickname my brother gave me when I was born.....I kid you not this is what he called me.

Krisa Tina Anna Poopa Butta Farta Stinka

Yep! And he STILL calls me that 35 years later!

Kristine
How funny!!! My grandfather always called me "George Washington" from the time I was born. My brothers picked up on it and would tease me, singing "George, George, George of the Jungle" (remember that cartoon??) I would cry and say I'm not George of the Jungle, I am George Washington!! To this day my one brother and my uncle still call me George.

Well, I'm outta here--going to my mother's grave to plant flowers. Her birthday is tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:05 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
My NJ you are a brave one give me Vicodin. I am glad it is all overwith and you are resting. Please stay away from the Gym for awhile or is that OK?

What is it with all the storms this year. We are lucky to get a few nice days it seems.

Lorrie!
THANK YOU my friend!!! I took a day off yesterday and went slower today at the gym--only 1 hr. there...I was good.I only popped 2 motrin since the procedure....................
Quote:
NJS don't overdo stuff now
Auntie Lacey!! thank you girl!!!

CRAZYMA--------------------- thank you for the wellwishes too!! I love the x-ray for Lacey! !LOL>>>>>>love the pic----you are a hoot!

PAINTER-----------------WHY ANOTHER 20K on the house?? No way girl!! It is sooo pretty. An oasis. My husband calls it Heaven! LLOL

Dogmom-=and all ! a big shout out to you !!
TEX_____-any word on the showing/???

HDL-thanks for the reps girl!

I have to call one of my cousins who lives in Washington now! She is coming in to PA to visit her mom *my dad's sister* so we are getting together at end of June===========be back later!

Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Also those pain meds wreak havoc on your intestines.

Constipation for me. But no pain. When my wrist and 4 ribs broke he had me on Vicodin for 2 years and then tylonal 3 for another two since I developed RSD from a cast that was put on way to tight (nerve damage). I did get a lot of reading done in my library though. (Bathroom) Lol

Old 06-10-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
LACEY! Such wonderful new, sigh......big deep relaxing breaths, hugs to you both!!!

Hammy, Not surprised, I knew it was a girl, hahha, never wrong! Beautiful name too- I like dots best, easier to mix and match.

Tambre, Yea I got the agent straightened out and I just REDUCED the price AGAIN! Another 20k !!! Hate it hate hate hate it!!!! I am fed up and tired of the whole dang mess, I want to be back in the mountains.................NOW!!!!

Maybe that $20,000 reduction will just make your wish come true. Praying Painter

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Oh Painter...so sorry to hear that. I know what you mean. I hate it too. I want to be in Texas and it just doesn't seem to be working out for me either.

But it will Shelly. It didn't the first time and that was a good thing since you had to have the surgery. This time it will work out.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Did I miss pictures of Painter's place??

I must have missed them also.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Wisteria I totally understand the 'them', crazyMa love the graphics...we are all very understanding here...I never knew I had such an impact here...wow now Wisteria you didn't miss the bit about the grass sniffers, did you.? Think that was mid to late June last year. I am still not recovered from those idiots. I can laugh now but at the time I was just pi**ed.

Over at my moms, I get my cable tv and internet tomorrow afternoon... I am able to keep up wth facebook a tad on my cell phone, but thats about it except for text messages. AAAAAck! Technology has spoiled me I guess, my laptop is my lifeline.

Dogpaw will be down here probably late Friday afternoon, Tambre..with the doglets..the house seems so quiet...but when I was taking my nappy this afternoon I head some kids playing in one of the back yards surrounding us, and heard a dog bark. Sweet sounds to me, that mobile home park was so quiet and full of OLD cranky folks..like my neighbor, I think she was upset I didnt go dancing with her that one night when she thought Dogpaw was an abuser, lol....whatever..

Mom is cooking a roast, potatoes, carrots, last night we had homemade tacos...such nice weather, unseasonable cool here, mid 80's..Should be closer to 100 now, no complaints for me. We ate outside by the pool. Was real nice...

Well I am trying to catch up, Sara is right, hard to keep up sometimes.

NJ, glad your procedure went ok and you are recovering..that is OVER.

Niki, glad you had some help with the car, it's always something isn't it. Who said that, Roseann Rosannnadanna on SNL lol.

Hammy, love that name...I love the Butterly set...beautiful! They are all very pretty and not overly girly..just pretty and as she grows you can incorporate those into more grow up linens..

Ok will keep reading wanted to check in...

Oh Lacey, glad Mr. L. s doing so well, yeah!

Nothing like having mom's cooking except mine hate to cook since hubby and i like different things and i am not going to make two different meals.I once asked my grandmother to teach me how to cook and she said don't worry about it you will have pleanty of time to cook when you get married. NOT. DD makes great meals. next week at thia time I will have been there for 3 days. I can hardly wait.

Last edited by lorriem; 06-10-2009 at 02:07 PM..

Old 06-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Joy.. I was sitting there kind of looking around trying to figure out where to put this and that and decided I really like the house, I think everyone was relieved since I had not seen it in person, lol...

Gee I am hungry, mom making a roast, my brother will be here about 6:30 then we can EAT!

Oh, I took a walk over here this morning to eat some breakfast and then back home, about 2/3 of a mile total. more than I've walked in months...felt good.

I envy you Barb being so close to family. But I think you knew that already right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate