Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 06:06 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

Good luck today, Nj.
Tambre, that is soooo AWESOME!!!
Dont know what the deal was with our smellycat lookers. actually it was a single guy, i saw them drive away, the realtor drove separate. so not sure who's the cat owner.
Barb, still so happy for you!! how's the sunshine??
i leave in less than 24 hrs for my vacation. i am so nervous to fly

Old 06-08-2009, 06:21 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-NJSocks **** luck today with your procedure.

Mr. has one of those "prep" days today for a colonoscopy tomorrow that will hopefully gives us definitive answer and where we go from here. So many damn tests sofar scope, 11 CT's, barium swallow and this better be it.
OMG LACE! All those tests!! Poor Mr. L. He is in my prayers...
Thanks for the good wishes.. I am looking forward to getting it done and over with!
Quote:
No....You are moving to Texas ....remember?!?!
Tex LOL! You rock!

Stoy-thanks for the well wishes!! Is the cat pee smell gone? febreeze the hell out of it!

TAMBRE- Hope a counter is coming your way!!! wohooo!
Hi to everyone else. Deep breaths!! I will nurse my water I have to drink on the way lol---16 oz...

Old 06-08-2009, 08:45 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Morning all-NJSocks **** luck today with your procedure. NJ missed that part - worked until after midnight last night on a darn VT (looks fab though), but what procedure are you going in for????? Hope nothing serious.

Mr. has one of those "prep" days today for a colonoscopy tomorrow that will hopefully gives us definitive answer and where we go from here. So many damn tests sofar scope, 11 CT's, barium swallow and this better be it.
Prayers are with him. God got him with a good Dr. so know all will be well, though the procedures he's having to undergo are not fun. I would think after this round, you'll get definitive answer so there's a definitive course of action for him to take. XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks Painter. My brother is nuttier than my Aunt Em's fruitcake at Christmas time. I told them to stop giving him so much morphine. They can medicate his pain with percocets.

Well, you be the expert in that area and does sound like they need to cut back on morphine. Maybe supplement in between with something not so heavy duty. Me personally, morphine never did squat for pain and I mean nothing - so then they'd want to keep giving me more. Told them the crap ain't workin' so instead of pumping me full of an addicting drug that doesn't work, let's find something that does which was demoral (sp). Asked the nurse if it would get rid of the pain, and she said no but you won't give a F (I loved that nurse). Anyway, didn't need as much of it and when pain after PT etc was bad they gave me something in between my shots.

SIL is MIA today I try to keep the peace with her.
Well, hope she shows up and sure would like to know what the cops are saying. Jerk driver. Sorry your SIL is, well . . . .

I'm gonna look through all the pics posted after I can stop working - geesh, been waiting for them and now don't have time to open them to look
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone....We have an offer $34,000 less than asking.
Yee Haw! Tex you're rubbin' off on me and bringing out the Oklahama girl in me Tambre that's awesome - even if $34k lower than asking it's an offer! Think it was Jody? so sleepy can't think; too old to work until after midnight and can't remember now, but she gave you great advice. Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away, closings (at least where I was practicing) were only taking 30-45 days but like she said now with everything else goin' on, it can take longer to get through that end of it. Everything crossed you and the buyers can find a middle ground and you have a solid deal. I'm a prayin' for you girl!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
Lorrie,

The banks are swamped with re-fi's, short sales and repos, its taking at least 45 days to get anything through. Most of my contracts, I am pushing out to at least 60 days, if the buyer/sellers are agreeable.

The underwriting process right now is like a slow torture. Not only does it take forever, you can be 2 days away from closing and they will still come up with another condition or 2 or 3. Its like 3-4 yrs ago, they couldnt have cared less about underwriting, now, its micro managing every single itty bitty detail, especially if someone is going FHA.

Besides all that, most standard contract language will say "on or before" such and such a date. If the bank gets done early and both sides are agreeable, we can always close it sooner than the initial date.
Jody boy you hit the nail on the head, we about hated to even pick up the phone..underwriting always needed one more thing..miracle we even closed...

Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Here are a few snapshots I took this morning as I was making the bed, etc..hung towels in the bathrooms, ran the dishwasher, got my Keurig coffee maker ready to go, diet coke in the frig..

thats it for today, tomorow, more work.

Attachment 43007

Attachment 43008

Attachment 43009

Attachment 43010

Attachment 43011

Attachment 43012

Attachment 43013

Attachment 43014
LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!! Your pics showed up as pics so I was able to see them while trying to catch up on everything in the Camp since I was frickin' working almost all day and night yesterday. So happy you're there, getting settled in and willing to bet now that the really hard part over you'll start feeling better. I am soooooooooo happy for you

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Morning all-NJSocks **** luck today with your procedure.

Keeping your dh in my prayers and that a definitive answer is right around the next bend (no pun intended!!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
i leave in less than 24 hrs for my vacation. i am so nervous to fly
Have a great time Stoy!!

NJ: You know you are in my prayers!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Still haven't talked to my sil--can't get a hold of her...but get this...

The newspaper wrote up the accident and is making it sound like my brothers fault saying he stepped out in front of the van and the van could not stop in time! I also know the driver of the van!!! He is LEGALLY BLIND. I am so PISSED--my sil better hire a damn personal injury lawyer!!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Still haven't talked to my sil--can't get a hold of her...but get this...

The newspaper wrote up the accident and is making it sound like my brothers fault saying he stepped out in front of the van and the van could not stop in time! I also know the driver of the van!!! He is LEGALLY BLIND. I am so PISSED--my sil better hire a damn personal injury lawyer!!
OK - made a quick jump back between emails - find one yourself and a pitt bull with a track record, go to the frickin' cop shop (you are a member of the immediate family) and do it yourself. SIL is just, well, I'll get banned if I use the phrase I want to now But this needs to be handled quickly, including police report, etc. and since B4 thought there were witnesses, I thought the guy himself (or someone saw him) that he was on cell phone, said he didn't see your bro (yeah, if he's talking on a cell phone AND legally blind!!!) get to the cop shop when you can and screw SIL. She's worthless, while your poor bro is in the hospital and now stupid newspapers making it sound like his fault. Not even my brother and steam coming out of my ears

Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
OMG Texas what a case he has-legally blind and a cell phone? Still keeping him in prayers.

Thanks all for the words about Mr. L. We need an answer and they have told us this would give it-but where the heck where they before with all the tests? By this time tomorrow hopefully!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:22 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Lacey, good luck and prayers to Mr. L. for tomorrow..I know this wears on the both of you..

Texas, the guy is legally blind to boot...yep can you say lawsuit, sounds criminal to me..

NJ, Tambre, Stoy, CrazyMa, Hammy, Lorrie, Joy, Niki, ok I am running out of breath here, have a good day, and if I missed you, I didn't mean to...woke up at 5 with 3 hrs sleep so fuzzy...some day I will not be so fuzzy I hope.

love ya all...later campers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate