Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 04:17 PM

657 posts, read 1,789,099 times

Advertisements

hi.
dont know if some of you remember me... its been a looooong time. and guess what? i still havent sold my house!!
its 14 mos now and im starting to get loopy.. more so than normal so thats pretty loopy!!
i stopped posting here cuz it was my same ol story so i just tried to stay positive but now i need some shoulders. lol
ive lowered my house in these mos from 319,900 to now 259,900 and nothing. not even a call. got some showings last price. 267,900 and as all of my showings.. THEY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.. TOP OF THE LIST. GREAT PRICE..
last person said they were freaked about my taxes. they were estemated at 5800 a year. but were actually 4200. i dont know what to think.. i dont want to blame my realtor.. theres only so much you can do. ive got all the advertising etc... but no bites.
now people prob dont want to even look cuz they think theres got to be something wrong!!
im thinking its real hard for people getting mortages..
i just dont know what else i can do here. this is my bottom bottom line...
i even have it on craigslist..
say a prayer for me. i need to get this thing done!!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:35 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Default Ok Campers - Time for a Group Mind Meld Prayer for All

Old 06-08-2009, 04:38 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Still haven't talked to my sil--can't get a hold of her...but get this...

The newspaper wrote up the accident and is making it sound like my brothers fault saying he stepped out in front of the van and the van could not stop in time! I also know the driver of the van!!! He is LEGALLY BLIND. I am so PISSED--my sil better hire a damn personal injury lawyer!!
So here's what I think of your SIL that won't get me banned

Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all-NJSocks **** luck today with your procedure.

Mr. has one of those "prep" days today for a colonoscopy tomorrow that will hopefully gives us definitive answer and where we go from here. So many damn tests sofar scope, 11 CT's, barium swallow and this better be it.

Prayers for Mr L to get great results and some type of answer to what he has.

Old 06-08-2009, 04:54 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
hi.
dont know if some of you remember me... its been a looooong time. and guess what? i still havent sold my house!!
its 14 mos now and im starting to get loopy.. more so than normal so thats pretty loopy!!
i stopped posting here cuz it was my same ol story so i just tried to stay positive but now i need some shoulders. lol
ive lowered my house in these mos from 319,900 to now 259,900 and nothing. not even a call. got some showings last price. 267,900 and as all of my showings.. THEY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.. TOP OF THE LIST. GREAT PRICE..
last person said they were freaked about my taxes. they were estemated at 5800 a year. but were actually 4200. i dont know what to think.. i dont want to blame my realtor.. theres only so much you can do. ive got all the advertising etc... but no bites.
now people prob dont want to even look cuz they think theres got to be something wrong!!

Sure I remember you. You are still on my friends list. Any time you need to vent come here and stay. That is why we are here. You know that hdzup. Taxes are high are you on the east coast oe the west coast?
Lorrie

Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM

657 posts, read 1,789,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Sure I remember you. You are still on my friends list. Any time you need to vent come here and stay. That is why we are here. You know that hdzup. Taxes are high are you on the east coast oe the west coast?
Lorrie
hey lorrie,
im on the east coast... CT... one of the most expesive states.
i kinda dissapeared a bit. hung out in the sarasota forum to keep focused.
thanx for the welcome! hope all is well with you!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,786,958 times
Hi, I'm a lurker of this (these) thread(s), and I now have to come here.... I didn't want to, I tried to stay away, I hoped it wouldn't happen, but here I am.

Story: I'll leave out ugly personal details -- suffice to stay I got -- now own -- a house I did not originally choose nor buy -- lots of resentment, but that's the personal stuff, but just so you know I wouldn't have bought a house where it is, although I have tried to keep it nice, although I could never afford remodeling it.

Now, I'm not quite ready to kill myself over this, as it's only been listed for about 3 weeks....oh, I know, many of you will think I'm a baby in this, but I NEED OUT!! NOW!! I am going crazy here all alone, isolated up in the woods. This house, work needed or not, needs a FAMILY -- some kids, lots of pets, a gardener, a handy guy, lots of love!

Okay, so I also feel I can't blame my realtor. I took a long time choosing her -- went through the MLS for months looking at every listing in my county -- decided hers were the most comprehensive, always had lots of photos and virtual tours, good (correctly spelled! important to me) descriptions, lots of good stuff. I asked if she would represent me, and she agreed. She came loaded with all kinds of charts and graphs of the housing market where I am.

She even threw in two, yes TWO, house cleanings, AND a stager! Her percentage is lower than the others. She had the professional photographer at the house for six hours! 18 photos and 3-part virtual tour. There are two huge for sale signs, plus a flyer box outside, and arrows pointing down to where there is more property. She even told me about St. Joseph! (He has his poor little head upside down in the ground facing my house.....)

Three little nibbles -- and I mean nibbles. Seems people want remodeled homes. Well, where I live is NOT the suburbs -- it's in the woods -- in the mountains above Santa Cruz. It's only 20 minutes from the beach! The property is over 1/3 acre! There's an extra building I made into a guest house/recreation room. There are tropical flowers all over. Granted, it's not in town, but there's a HUGE amount of useable land, I have patios all over, an outdoor fireplace, and a big porch. It is a small house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a "bonus" room -- large living room though. You'd think there'd be a family of tree-huggers or nature lovers who would want to be near the beach for half the price of living in town, AND lots of privacy and land!

Anyway, I really want out. My daughter left for college and never looked back. Now, I'm all alone up on this huge piece of property and I don't like it. I'm scared after reading all these posts -- what if I never sell it? Will anyone buy again, and will I ever get anything out of this place (I still owe the entire mortgage -- I'm not one who was there forever and paid off the mortgage or had family money or anything).

hdzup3 -- 14 months???!!!! It's freaking me out.

I didn't have time to go through this entire segment of Crazy Camp #4, but I did go through the others quite a bit. But I wasn't trying to sell then. Then this thread came to me and I realized..."Oh, oh, I'm now one of them!"

So, I just want to say, "Hi," and hope there are some encouraging stories that come out of here after this point. Thanks, everyone!

Wisteria

Old 06-08-2009, 05:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
OK - made a quick jump back between emails - find one yourself and a pitt bull with a track record, go to the frickin' cop shop (you are a member of the immediate family) and do it yourself. SIL is just, well, I'll get banned if I use the phrase I want to now But this needs to be handled quickly, including police report, etc. and since B4 thought there were witnesses, I thought the guy himself (or someone saw him) that he was on cell phone, said he didn't see your bro (yeah, if he's talking on a cell phone AND legally blind!!!) get to the cop shop when you can and screw SIL. She's worthless, while your poor bro is in the hospital and now stupid newspapers making it sound like his fault. Not even my brother and steam coming out of my ears
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
OMG Texas what a case he has-legally blind and a cell phone? Still keeping him in prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Texas, the guy is legally blind to boot...yep can you say lawsuit, sounds criminal to me..
UPDATE: I talked to my sil and she hired a personal injury lawyer. The lawyer was at the hospital today interviewing my brother who is still loopy from the morphine. He also took pics of my brother's injuries. He told my sil they have a case. I'm very relieved that she contacted a lawyer without me bugging her. She told me the cop who filed the police report was very rude to her saying he finds my brother at fault because he stepped out in traffic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
hi.
Welcome to the group.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,376,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Hi, I'm a lurker of this (these) thread(s), and I now have to come here.... I didn't want to, I tried to stay away, I hoped it wouldn't happen, but here I am.

Story: I'll leave out ugly personal details -- suffice to stay I got -- now own -- a house I did not originally choose nor buy -- lots of resentment, but that's the personal stuff, but just so you know I wouldn't have bought a house where it is, although I have tried to keep it nice, although I could never afford remodeling it.

Now, I'm not quite ready to kill myself over this, as it's only been listed for about 3 weeks....oh, I know, many of you will think I'm a baby in this, but I NEED OUT!! NOW!! I am going crazy here all alone, isolated up in the woods. This house, work needed or not, needs a FAMILY -- some kids, lots of pets, a gardener, a handy guy, lots of love!

Okay, so I also feel I can't blame my realtor. I took a long time choosing her -- went through the MLS for months looking at every listing in my county -- decided hers were the most comprehensive, always had lots of photos and virtual tours, good (correctly spelled! important to me) descriptions, lots of good stuff. I asked if she would represent me, and she agreed. She came loaded with all kinds of charts and graphs of the housing market where I am.

She even threw in two, yes TWO, house cleanings, AND a stager! Her percentage is lower than the others. She had the professional photographer at the house for six hours! 18 photos and 3-part virtual tour. There are two huge for sale signs, plus a flyer box outside, and arrows pointing down to where there is more property. She even told me about St. Joseph! (He has his poor little head upside down in the ground facing my house.....)

Three little nibbles -- and I mean nibbles. Seems people want remodeled homes. Well, where I live is NOT the suburbs -- it's in the woods -- in the mountains above Santa Cruz. It's only 20 minutes from the beach! The property is over 1/3 acre! There's an extra building I made into a guest house/recreation room. There are tropical flowers all over. Granted, it's not in town, but there's a HUGE amount of useable land, I have patios all over, an outdoor fireplace, and a big porch. It is a small house with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and a "bonus" room -- large living room though. You'd think there'd be a family of tree-huggers or nature lovers who would want to be near the beach for half the price of living in town, AND lots of privacy and land!

Anyway, I really want out. My daughter left for college and never looked back. Now, I'm all alone up on this huge piece of property and I don't like it. I'm scared after reading all these posts -- what if I never sell it? Will anyone buy again, and will I ever get anything out of this place (I still owe the entire mortgage -- I'm not one who was there forever and paid off the mortgage or had family money or anything).

hdzup3 -- 14 months???!!!! It's freaking me out.

I didn't have time to go through this entire segment of Crazy Camp #4, but I did go through the others quite a bit. But I wasn't trying to sell then. Then this thread came to me and I realized..."Oh, oh, I'm now one of them!"

So, I just want to say, "Hi," and hope there are some encouraging stories that come out of here after this point. Thanks, everyone!

Wisteria
Wisteria...maybe I'm reading too much into your post...but I'm a little offended by you saying "Oh I'm now one of them" and you underlined them! I hope I am taking it the wrong way and you really don't mean how you sound.

Anyways, putting that aside...My house has been on the market a little over 8 months without a single offer. I can't go any lower in the price, so it will sit until there's a buyer. This is a poor economy so expect not to sell right away unless you are planning to give it away!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 06-08-2009 at 06:40 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 06:09 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
Hdzup3, was thinking about you the other day when i saw your name on my friends list. i thought you had sold. I've had more action this year than last (3 showings is more action that last!) and a lowball offer. So, at least for me, things are picking up. also new realtor, i think, made a positive difference. better website, photos, etc. hopefully they'll pick up for you, too.

Welcome, Wisteria.

Alright, girls, i won't be able to post when im away, so, good luck everyone, hope Nj and Tambre, have acceptable offers and everyone else who needs to sell, will soon!
Talk soon!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate