Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 PM

311 posts, read 916,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone....We have an offer $34,000 less than asking.
Tambre, WOOOHOOOO....they will low ball you to death...you dont have to accept it...counter that puppy at least a couple of times....

My last deal was $14K under asking of $159,000...we settled at about 1/2 of that...you will probably have to give up some...but dont have to give it away either!

Will be anxious to hear how it goes!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:05 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Oh yeah, we're going to counter for sure. Maybe drop $10,000, and then wait for their counter back. That's what I was thinking, but not sure what dh has conjured up. They are going FHA, and want a 90 day closing. That's all I know.

What great news Tambre. Why do they need a 90 day close.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I would LOVE to see pics of your yard. I bet it is absolutely gorgeous. I just finished cutting the rest of my back yard. Showered and getting ready now to head on over to the hospital to visit my brother. It's an hour drive there and back.

Oh...I have a showing tomorrow at 4:30--REFUSE to get excited or get my hopes up. I think I will hang out over on my neighbors front porch and check them out!!

Texas sounds like your brother is on the mend. How has your sil been?

Lots of luck with your showing.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Crazyma, prayers sent your way. hope things work out like they should.
Tambre, thanks for the poem, havent heard back about our counter, but dont think we will. oh well. another showing today, when we came back after they left, our house smelled so much of cat pee!! now unless the neighbors cat opened a door or window and snuck in, someone stunk up our house. our dog was even freaking out.
Dogmom, WELCOME HOME!!
Stoy do you think the smell was from whoever looked at your home was smoking a cigar. A lot of times if I smell a cigar that is what it smells like to me..

Old 06-07-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Here are a few snapshots I took this morning as I was making the bed, etc..hung towels in the bathrooms, ran the dishwasher, got my Keurig coffee maker ready to go, diet coke in the frig..

thats it for today, tomorow, more work.

Attachment 43007

Attachment 43008

Attachment 43009

Attachment 43010

Attachment 43011

Attachment 43012

Attachment 43013

Attachment 43014

Looking great Barb.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:39 PM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
What great news Tambre. Why do they need a 90 day close.
Lorrie,

The banks are swamped with re-fi's, short sales and repos, its taking at least 45 days to get anything through. Most of my contracts, I am pushing out to at least 60 days, if the buyer/sellers are agreeable.

The underwriting process right now is like a slow torture. Not only does it take forever, you can be 2 days away from closing and they will still come up with another condition or 2 or 3. Its like 3-4 yrs ago, they couldnt have cared less about underwriting, now, its micro managing every single itty bitty detail, especially if someone is going FHA.

Besides all that, most standard contract language will say "on or before" such and such a date. If the bank gets done early and both sides are agreeable, we can always close it sooner than the initial date.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:56 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Thanks for explaining that Jody...I didn't have a clue...just thought the 90 day closing was because they wanted to be out of their current place by then.

We put in the counter offer and decided to reduce our price by $10,500 (instead of $10,000) The title search is already done, as we are selling a portion of the property that is raw land to our neighbors, and they own an abstract company business. They said they would be willing to share it with the buyers. What else is needed at closing? This is the first house we have owned, and the first house we are selling 23 years later.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Hi everyone....We have an offer $34,000 less than asking.
WOO HOO!! Keep us posted on the counters!!
Quote:
Texas, good luck tomorrow, everything crossed.
Thanks Tambre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

Texas best of luck tomorrow and prayers for bro.
Thanks Lace!
Quote:
YAY Shelly a showing..see I tell ya you are all gonna sell soon I just feel it..
definitely check those buyers out...

ok dozing off, outta here for a while..
Thanks Barb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hey are you near Orange COunty NY Tam? We were starting to think about looking out that way........ About 55 miles instead of a 90 mi/ one way commute lol...less tolls too..

Tex= awesome!! A showing..........I want to plant myself at our next door neighbors one of these days too lol.....when there's a showing. I would love to spy!! Good luck my friend!!
No....You are moving to Texas ....remember?!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
And Texas- Give the bro a hug, softly though and YES spy on them lookers for sure. I always do oh wait that right I only got to do that twice, but I spied both times. Sure do hope they want your home...lots of luck!
Thanks Painter. My brother is nuttier than my Aunt Em's fruitcake at Christmas time. I told them to stop giving him so much morphine. They can medicate his pain with percocets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Texas sounds like your brother is on the mend. How has your sil been?

Lots of luck with your showing.
Thanks Lorrie. SIL is MIA today I try to keep the peace with her.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:40 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Here are a few snapshots I took this morning as I was making the bed, etc..hung towels in the bathrooms, ran the dishwasher, got my Keurig coffee maker ready to go, diet coke in the frig..

thats it for today, tomorow, more work.

Attachment 43007

Attachment 43008

Attachment 43009

Attachment 43010

Attachment 43011

Attachment 43012

Attachment 43013

Attachment 43014
LOVE the new digs!!! Welcome home, girl!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning all-NJSocks **** luck today with your procedure.

Mr. has one of those "prep" days today for a colonoscopy tomorrow that will hopefully gives us definitive answer and where we go from here. So many damn tests sofar scope, 11 CT's, barium swallow and this better be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate