Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 06:58 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,385,736 times

Advertisements

Well...my bathroom walls are primed...waiting for it to dry and then am going to start the painting!!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:36 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,354,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
NJ...Sorry about your counter offer falling through. The buyer sounds like he's looking for someone who is desperate to take advantage of, which pisses me off, but hey, if someone is desperate, they might be greatful for the lowball. That's the way things are these days. Your house is a serious bargain at $304,900. I think FSBO might be the way to go for all of us in this market. Hope your agent doesn't give you a hard time about getting out of the contract.
Tambre! thanks girl. Yea, it sucks but I feel like he would be the one to walk on the last day of closing LOL>..Like my hub says, it's not a done deal until it's in blood! LOL! This should move things along now...I give it a few weeks and then I am done with this agent. You know how it goes Tambre--even down to a few thousand--if a seller doesn't have it--then it;s a standoff! Funny though. He gets the 8000k tax credit AND works for the govt.

Tex- glad to hear you are progressing. Keep up the good work. Are you still having a showing on Wed?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,283,185 times
Hi Jody, we are not for sale..when we sold our place in utah last summer i had bought the mirror for over that fireplace, where the fam pic had been. I actually have a newer portrait (from 2007) that i have been meaning to get framed, but now the younger kid is married and so might a well just get the fam pic with my DIL now and get that one framed and up..

Tex, the 'niche' area above the fp is not big enough for the tv, te tv is a 42 in. I dont know what else I would put in there...i have an office...i would guess my goal is to get a entertainment unit that would fill the space instead of just the tv stand...but for now...

Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex- glad to hear you are progressing. Keep up the good work. Are you still having a showing on Wed?
Yes...showing Wed night. I am trying not to get my hopes up. Although on the Good Morning America show...they were saying that housing prices are increasing and the homes are selling!!! Did everyone see that. I will see if I can find the on line link and post!

Ok...go to: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/ It is a video!
In the area where it says: Recently on GMA .....scroll down and pick "Rising Home Sales. Recovery Sign?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:47 AM

Default warning-TMI don't read if you get grossed out easily

Lacey- where are you girl????????????

I have a MIL story. She is nice and all but now is getting on my nerves....78 years old and thinks she knows everything LOL>..
Now this is one way I am losing weight quicker. I am not eating much LOL>>Why???
She has been here a week now.....I showed her the linen closet/towel area...etc for taking a shower/bath... She tells me she doesn't need to! I said, what? She said she doesn't run around like I do so she doesn't need to take a bath! It's freaking 90 degrees here !! She said she would take a SPONGE BATH!! I said with what? You don't even have soap. I said the soap and the toiletries are in the linen closet...She rolled her eyes and said I am not taking a bath or shower... I said, for 2 WEEKS? She said yes. She brought her own washcloth. I said I will wash it. She said no...I gave her a clean one.... I said the other one will stink! LOL Granted THE BATH is upstairs.The other 2 bathrooms ...the half bath is downstairs....I told her I would help her upstairs by all means or if she didnt feel comfortable that my hub could! She still said no... Now she gets near the food I wanna puke. She is starting to stink if I get too close to her. I have been queasy all week!! I am constantly wiping up the mess she makes LOL>>>>>> then I give her a paper plate for a sandwich and says she has tomatoes on her sandwich and if it FALLS ON THE FLOOR SHE ISN'T PICKING IT UP!! EW!!!!!!! so it goes into a sandwich baggie. WTH!!!! What a shtty week with everything.

Anyone have a noseplug? ROFL!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Lacey- where are you girl????????????

I have a MIL story. She is nice and all but now is getting on my nerves....78 years old and thinks she knows everything LOL>..
Now this is one way I am losing weight quicker. I am not eating much LOL>>Why???
She has been here a week now.....I showed her the linen closet/towel area...etc for taking a shower/bath... She tells me she doesn't need to! I said, what? She said she doesn't run around like I do so she doesn't need to take a bath! It's freaking 90 degrees here !! She said she would take a SPONGE BATH!! I said with what? You don't even have soap. I said the soap and the toiletries are in the linen closet...She rolled her eyes and said I am not taking a bath or shower... I said, for 2 WEEKS? She said yes. She brought her own washcloth. I said I will wash it. She said no...I gave her a clean one.... I said the other one will stink! LOL Granted THE BATH is upstairs.The other 2 bathrooms ...the half bath is downstairs....I told her I would help her upstairs by all means or if she didnt feel comfortable that my hub could! She still said no... Now she gets near the food I wanna puke. She is starting to stink if I get too close to her. I have been queasy all week!! I am constantly wiping up the mess she makes LOL>>>>>> then I give her a paper plate for a sandwich and says she has tomatoes on her sandwich and if it FALLS ON THE FLOOR SHE ISN'T PICKING IT UP!! EW!!!!!!! so it goes into a sandwich baggie. WTH!!!! What a shtty week with everything.

Anyone have a noseplug? ROFL!
ROTFLMAO!!!! I think it comes with old age. People, when they get older have an aversion to bathing and showering! My mom had to fight with my grandmother to take baths and then I had to fight with my mom to bathe!!

GOD--Please don't ever let me have an aversion to taking a bath when I get older!

NJ I can't rep you...wanted to because you made me laugh out loud today!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
ROTFLMAO!!!! I think it comes with old age. People, when they get older have an aversion to bathing and showering! My mom had to fight with my grandmother to take baths and then I had to fight with my mom to bathe!!

GOD--Please don't ever let me have an aversion to taking a bath when I get older!

NJ I can't rep you...wanted to because you made me laugh out loud today!
rofl!! She also killed a fly with her fingers,smeared it against my patio door and then put it in the kitchen drain before I screamed no!! LMAO! I said, can you please wash your hands now....with my kids and all! LOL>>>ew. She goes to the bathroom and the water never runs in there. This is definitely a way to lose the weight quicker because it is coming off now!! I lose my appetite if she goes in the refrig digging around for something.. If it was anyone else I wouldnt care but bad hygiene is the worst!!!!!!!!!! I feel like puking now as we speak LOL!

Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,057,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
::::: DUCKING MAH HEAD::::: CRAP JOY! I thought it was legit that someone was showing that many houses in a week?? LOLOL Thats what I GET for staying away for a few days, DANG I gotta go TRIPLE time to keep up with you girls! I got started reading on the business card thing and then got away from it. I HONESTLY TRY to leave one at each house, but I rarely wear anything but slacks and sometimes they just dont have pockets, so lets see, I gota jiggle my showing sheets, my keys, my active key, my pen, my cell phone and oh yah, my business cards too...sometimes it just doesnt happen! If I remember before I get totally away, I will sometimes stick one in the door under the weather stripping. In my listings, I like to pick them up, note on them when the agent showed the hosue and then if I have a price reduction, I will call them or email them and let them know, so for that reason I do like to have a card. Of course, if I was REALLY as organized as I should be, I could put the showing appointments, feedback records on a spreadsheet and then it wouldnt matter if I had a card or not. Someday....I am gonna get there

Still no contract on my water listing...the #$@%&@ buyer wants the boat and the house for $203K...the boat/motor/lift was purchased brand new in 05 for almost $27,000...que sera sera..we will see what tomorrow brings.
Hey Jody, sorry about the buyer being such a di$k and not realizing what a good deal he's getting - but like I said B4, WHEN you sell it I'll bet that boy will be kickin' himself in the behind. And yeah, on 200-300 showings a week (check out her bio on website) she's also a mortgage broker and an Adjunct Professor. Sorry, but I'm a broker/owner and while I might have been up late last night working on L/C for exclusive right to sell on multi-million dollar project, no how, no way can even a Broker Associate show that many homes in a day/week - but the broker in charge? (though it refers to her as the Qualifying Broker which is a term I've never heard of). When I practiced in the States, yes I carried my laptop along with printer/paper, phone etc. and was top agent my first quarter and this was before market tanked - like you, a real go getter, and no way did I EVER average that many showings in a week/day and was showing property 7 days a week; but then, ya still have to keep up with new listings, new property considerations for buyers, emails, negotiate/draft offers, etc. etc. etc. My MB at the time? Paleeeese - he sat in his office, like I have to do now, 'cause that's what the top dog has to do most of the time 'cause there's a heck of a lot of work being the MB (& I have 2 offices). Believe me there are times I wish I was a broker associate again and only thing I had to worry about was taking care of my client base Now I'm off to show 80 properties today! Wish me luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well...my bathroom walls are primed...waiting for it to dry and then am going to start the painting!!
Yeah! and fingers and everything else crossed for showing!

Quote:
Tambre! thanks girl. Yea, it sucks but I feel like he would be the one to walk on the last day of closing LOL>..Like my hub says, it's not a done deal until it's in blood! LOL! This should move things along now...I give it a few weeks and then I am done with this agent. You know how it goes Tambre--even down to a few thousand--if a seller doesn't have it--then it;s a standoff! Funny though. He gets the 8000k tax credit AND works for the govt.
Well, you're hubby's right. Until everyone has signed on the dotted line, proceeds disbursed it ain't a done deal - and that jerk could have walked on the last day of closing. Sometime I'll post my 'first closing' story - will make you cringe (got it closed but what a frickin' nightmare!)

and dear God, you MIL. That's all I can say. I knew I smelled something bad when I woke up but dang girl, didn't know it was comin' all the way from your house

DM am lovin' your place and with the Crazy Camper Decorator Team, it's going to be a palace when they're done! Hey, maybe they should write a book or even a show about the Crazy Camper Decorators going into someone's home.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,875,228 times
Ugh NJS-have in laws like that. Once in summer 9 freakin days. If I don't hit the shower every morning I feel like crap.

Maybe she should go home early before you look bulemic.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:31 AM

486 posts, read 985,181 times
Hello Ladies,
So I have an update on the house. Remember they took an all cash offer? (On July 10th) well, last night I was browsing and noticed that the same house is still listed and now (just yesterday!) they dropped the listing price another $20K (Which made no sense to me since my offer was actually 55K OVER the original asking price because I was competing with 10 other buyers). Well I had the realtor call the listing agent to inquire about the weird behavior and the listing agent told her that the original all cash offer stands but it's not looking good. When she asked: "why did you drop the price?" They said that since the house is still on the system they HAD to?!! I don't know, to me sounds really weird. She then said that I'm still the back-up and if it doesn't work out she'll let us know. Have any of you heard of such weird practices?

Last edited by gf1025; 07-28-2009 at 09:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate