Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times

Advertisements

NJ...could you take her to the beach, or swimming somewhere? It might help cut down on stench...have the kids talk her into it..lol.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:40 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
NJ, is THAT what this stench is even out here in Palm Springs??? ROFLMAO..sorry i know its bad..we should write a book!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 AM

486 posts, read 984,398 times
Eww!! NJ, I just read the post. Talk about being bold and smelly. YIKES, can we say Air Freshner...lol...As soon as she walks by you spray...That would be quite an interesting solution and definitely a HINT HINT!!

Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Ugh NJS-have in laws like that. Once in summer 9 freakin days. If I don't hit the shower every morning I feel like crap.

Maybe she should go home early before you look bulemic.
ROFL Lacey! Maybe I could keep her here the whole year and be a size 0 LOL>>>>>>>> I don't get it. Come on! poopin and a peein every day --don't ya wanna clean those things out? LMAO!

Quote:
NJ...could you take her to the beach, or swimming somewhere? It might help cut down on stench...have the kids talk her into it..lol
ROFL Tambre!!! omg.... That is a great idea. Maybe she could dip her stinky feet in the water............

Quote:
NJ, is THAT what this stench is even out here in Palm Springs??? ROFLMAO..sorry i know its bad..we should write a book!
LMAO Dogmom! and GF *thanks for the spray!!! A SCRATCH N' SNIFF book! LOL]

Quote:
and dear God, you MIL. That's all I can say. I knew I smelled something bad when I woke up but dang girl, didn't know it was comin' all the way from your house
JOY- and you thought it was LOW TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Went to the clueless wonder to change price..She tells me " Are you sure you want to LOWER IT THAT MUCH?! Wth!! I said, it's not moving! Your marketing strategies aren't working! lmao.She said, well you will get movement now. I told her on realtor.com to put a reduced 13k title on it...She said, "oh that's a good idea"!!!!!!! I wanted to bang my head on the desk right there. Enough said.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey NJ, any news on your counter offer? Texas,glad your bathroom reno is going so well. Lacey, how are you? Lorrie, good to see your still around. Crazyma, how's it going? Hammy, how are you feeling? Painter, did the realtor ever show up?
I am good! Just hanging in here and keeping up with all you crazy ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I just wrote a big post...now poof, it's gone.

He walked. Said he couldn't go any higher than 280. Well we couldn't go any LOWER!! We came down 23,000! wth. I am sick of people. Of course trying to talk to the clueless realtor was a joke.. You think she would have shot back at the other realtor...with anything............*try to earn your commission!)but nope...she said the other realtor said he was going onto the next house----------across the street! Same shat. Different day.Same price I surmise. She said she is sure since our neighbors put it up last week on the market that they won't go too low.
We just lowered our price to 304,900 now. Of course it will take Ms. clueless the whole day to put it in-----no wait, the secretary will be doing it. She admitted she does NOT know HOW to use A COMPUTER!. (let me at her)..............I told her if he couldn't go any higher than 280 why waste our time in that he prob. wasn;t preapproved even for more than 280! what a joke. I will give it 3 more weeks. If we get no bites then it's going FSBO and we will break the contract...somehow someway!

On a good note, it was our 7 year. wedding anniversary today.........
Have a good night all. I am exhausted!!
Hope you are all doing well. I will catch up on your posts tomorrow. Tex how is that bR coming along?
Sorry about the a-hole buyer. But happy anniversary!

Quote:

I have a MIL story. She is nice and all but now is getting on my nerves....78 years old and thinks she knows everything LOL>..
Now this is one way I am losing weight quicker. I am not eating much LOL>>Why???
She has been here a week now.....I showed her the linen closet/towel area...etc for taking a shower/bath... She tells me she doesn't need to! I said, what? She said she doesn't run around like I do so she doesn't need to take a bath! It's freaking 90 degrees here !! She said she would take a SPONGE BATH!! I said with what? You don't even have soap. I said the soap and the toiletries are in the linen closet...She rolled her eyes and said I am not taking a bath or shower... I said, for 2 WEEKS? She said yes. She brought her own washcloth. I said I will wash it. She said no...I gave her a clean one.... I said the other one will stink! LOL Granted THE BATH is upstairs.The other 2 bathrooms ...the half bath is downstairs....I told her I would help her upstairs by all means or if she didnt feel comfortable that my hub could! She still said no... Now she gets near the food I wanna puke. She is starting to stink if I get too close to her. I have been queasy all week!! I am constantly wiping up the mess she makes LOL>>>>>> then I give her a paper plate for a sandwich and says she has tomatoes on her sandwich and if it FALLS ON THE FLOOR SHE ISN'T PICKING IT UP!! EW!!!!!!! so it goes into a sandwich baggie. WTH!!!! What a shtty week with everything.

Anyone have a noseplug? ROFL!
Quote:
rofl!! She also killed a fly with her fingers,smeared it against my patio door and then put it in the kitchen drain before I screamed no!! LMAO! I said, can you please wash your hands now....with my kids and all! LOL>>>ew. She goes to the bathroom and the water never runs in there. This is definitely a way to lose the weight quicker because it is coming off now!! I lose my appetite if she goes in the refrig digging around for something.. If it was anyone else I wouldnt care but bad hygiene is the worst!!!!!!!!!! I feel like puking now as we speak LOL!
Quote:
ROFL Lacey! Maybe I could keep her here the whole year and be a size 0 LOL>>>>>>>> I don't get it. Come on! poopin and a peein every day --don't ya wanna clean those things out? LMAO!
Oh my dear god, you have me laughing so hard I might just have this baby right here! You are hilarious!

I do have to say, your MIL is making me want to puke. That crap could never happen in my house, I would be in a hotel for the time she was there. Not taking a shower is one thing but all the other crap she is doing too, ummmmm NOPE!

Tell her to go and get the mail at the mailbox and when she is out there, have the kids attack her with the water house. One can spray her while the other dumps liquid soap all over her.

Kristine

Old 07-28-2009, 04:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
NJS-I would definitely suggest an intervention! Heaven forbid you have a showing while she's there-get the Febreeze by the gallon.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
NJ, what does hubby say, it IS his mother after all...egads girl...makes me want to

Kristine, good to see you!

Ok went to see our financial guy, its about as bad as we figured, we get statements every month, but I guess he likes to meet a couple times a year. It was 82 and a nice ocean breeze down at Newport Beach, its 106 here, yes i would like to have taken in that fresh air a bit longer, but the doglets were home alone, yes there is a doggy door now, but...thats about as long that they will behave and not chew the house up...

Old 07-28-2009, 05:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Sorry about the a-hole buyer. But happy anniversary!

Oh my dear god, you have me laughing so hard I might just have this baby right here! You are hilarious!

I do have to say, your MIL is making me want to puke. That crap could never happen in my house, I would be in a hotel for the time she was there. Not taking a shower is one thing but all the other crap she is doing too, ummmmm NOPE!

Tell her to go and get the mail at the mailbox and when she is out there, have the kids attack her with the water house. One can spray her while the other dumps liquid soap all over her.

Kristine
Don't have that baby yet Kristine! LOL! ROFL! Isn't it quite gross? This is the easiest way I am losing weight lol........Thank you for the anniv. wishes too!
I love the water hose idea lol... I was lmao at that one!!! Eau deaux Palmolive! I have the perfect gift for her for Xmas..BATH AND BODY WORKS..The industrial size gift basket this year.

Quote:
NJS-I would definitely suggest an intervention! Heaven forbid you have a showing while she's there-get the Febreeze by the gallon.
Holy crap. That was funny L! Intervention. Have a meeting right in the bathroom LOL!

Quote:
NJ, what does hubby say, it IS his mother after all...egads girl...makes me want to
Dogmom, I mentioned it to him tonite..I said she really needs to bathe. It is getting gross. Just help her into the tub...or something. ..I said it is 90 degrees out for God's sakes....so I think he will nudge her into it. Gross.

So we go to the German Butcher before..........*Lacey- you know the place!*===it's a nice pastry/deli/pre-made food *all homeade things* type of place.........
So on the way, she is in the front seat with me--kids in the back....she whips out a nail clipper and I knew what was to come! SHe started to clip her nails -FLYING EVERYWHERE. Oh dear God I thought I was going to puke out the window but it would have flown back in at me!.....I was mortified........She then brushed her shirt off and all of them onto the damn floor of my car......I wanted to hurl. I gave her the dirtiest look then stopped talking to her lol..........Never in myl life...........she is very backwards.I have never had to "live" with her per se for ANY time..Not even overnight LOL>>so this was a first and if I had seen it coming...just nasty..... Well, I just about lost my appetite tonight after that one....My mom would be rolling over in her grave if she saw this.

She comes back here does her business in the bathroom...doesn't wash her hands ( I was right in the kitchen so it's near lol) and I told my hub to tell her..all she will do with me is act stubborn....so I have to go through him at this point.. I said this is it! I am going to puke. Stay tuned.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:39 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Hello Ladies,
So I have an update on the house. Remember they took an all cash offer? (On July 10th) well, last night I was browsing and noticed that the same house is still listed and now (just yesterday!) they dropped the listing price another $20K (Which made no sense to me since my offer was actually 55K OVER the original asking price because I was competing with 10 other buyers). Well I had the realtor call the listing agent to inquire about the weird behavior and the listing agent told her that the original all cash offer stands but it's not looking good. When she asked: "why did you drop the price?" They said that since the house is still on the system they HAD to?!! I don't know, to me sounds really weird. She then said that I'm still the back-up and if it doesn't work out she'll let us know. Have any of you heard of such weird practices?
Gf EVERYTHING in RE is weird LOL price drop isn't as weird as the LA saying 'the all cash offer not looking good' Wonder if the cash buyer turned out to not have cash after all - that's the weird part in all this. How can it 'not look good' with a cash offer??? Very odd indeed, but nothing really surprises me too much anymore. At least you're in the B/U position!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
NJ...could you take her to the beach, or swimming somewhere? It might help cut down on stench...have the kids talk her into it..lol.
Well they do say salt water disinfects things so . . . 'course would kill anything swimming within a 10 mile radius

Quote:

Girl, that is sooooooooo not a visual I wanted in my head

JOY- and you thought it was LOW TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Even at low tide in Bocas doesn't smell like that woman must. In fact an overflowing sewer wouldn't smell that bad. Just yucky.

Went to the clueless wonder to change price..She tells me " Are you sure you want to LOWER IT THAT MUCH?! Wth!! I said, it's not moving! Your marketing strategies aren't working! lmao.She said, well you will get movement now. I told her on realtor.com to put a reduced 13k title on it...She said, "oh that's a good idea"!!!!!!! I wanted to bang my head on the desk right there. Enough said.
My God this woman seriously just needs to get out of the biz - too bad she can't just 'disappear' or something. What a lame brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post

Oh my dear god, you have me laughing so hard I might just have this baby right here! You are hilarious! Girl we do aim to please , so if we can help you with an 'easy' delivery laughing all the way through it well . . . . LOL.

Kristine
Now I think we might just have a winner here - she's old, kids are quick . . .

Grandma take a shower or ELSE:

Old 07-28-2009, 06:05 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:

So we go to the German Butcher before..........*Lacey- you know the place!*===it's a nice pastry/deli/pre-made food *all homeade things* type of place.........
So on the way, she is in the front seat with me--kids in the back....she whips out a nail clipper and I knew what was to come! SHe started to clip her nails -FLYING EVERYWHERE. Oh dear God I thought I was going to puke out the window but it would have flown back in at me!.....I was mortified........She then brushed her shirt off and all of them onto the damn floor of my car......I wanted to hurl. I gave her the dirtiest look then stopped talking to her lol..........Never in myl life...........she is very backwards.I have never had to "live" with her per se for ANY time..Not even overnight LOL>>so this was a first and if I had seen it coming...just nasty..... Well, I just about lost my appetite tonight after that one....My mom would be rolling over in her grave if she saw this.

She comes back here does her business in the bathroom...doesn't wash her hands ( I was right in the kitchen so it's near lol) and I told my hub to tell her..all she will do with me is act stubborn....so I have to go through him at this point.. I said this is it! I am going to puke. Stay tuned.
This is way too much. I just ate and am ready to puke. Glad DH is going to try and prod her to clean herself off (and my God as unsanitary as that woman is you'd have to use a cattle prod). OK off to throw up and I 'will' wash my hands afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate