Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodyrose View Post
WOW, I see everyone is back! I couldnt get on last night at all. I thought CD fell off the map and I missed you guys! Of course, it wouldnt have mattered much, I was so bone dead tired by the time I got home last night I could hardly see straight.

One the POSITIVE NOTE: SOLD THE RIVER HOUSE! WOOOOHOOOOOOO
Wrote a contract for my sellers on river to buy their new place too
Listed a new property
Met some new first time buyer clients today..

Matter of fact, I am still bone tired! LOL Hope you are all doing ok. I havent had time to read the posts since yesterday, but I am sure skimming through the LMAO pictures from some of you.

Heres a a photo of my papa bluebirds feeding his teenagers. Mama is sitting on 4 new eggs. She is one BUSY little mama too!

If you want to see the whole album of them go here:
Wild Birds, Eastern Bluebirds pictures from home & garden photos on webshots (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/573798044IQcwwA - broken link)

Nitey Nite all, I am about to fall asleep while driving my keyboard
Sweet dreams, Jody..good job today!

Old 07-30-2009, 12:02 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
My oldest grandson Just got his proofs for his senior pic and they have put him in an add at the HS for other to have a look see and buy their pics. He is # 4.Attachment 46170
Just click on the pic and it will get bigger.
Lorrie...you must be very proud of him! Nice photo! What is he planning on doing with his life now that he has graduated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Sorry Texas that I couldn't help you yesterday but it seemed everyone had problems with Farm Town. I am not that computer savy as Barb is. My first responce is yell " Hey Gary". I really wish that I had the answers for you.
No problem--I was going through some major stress last night! Damn computers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Oh Tex and Dogma that crusie sounds so sweet!!!! I would love to go but don't know if we could swing it with all we've spent lately I have always wanted to go on one, but haven't made it yet. Perfect month to get out of the midwest too. I will be turning 47 (ugg) Feb 2010.

Dogma you were saying you could fit 4 people in a room, but when I did a google looks like their cheapest room is 2 twins that push into a king. That would be tight!!!! 2 campers on the floor in sleeping bags Anyhow that ship looks BEAUTIFUL...I envy you lucky peeps who are going. Tex, realistically how much do you think you will spend when it's all said and done?
Let's see....
Cruise..........745.00 (I think Barb got a cheaper rate than I did and the more people who share a cabin, the cheaper it is. I know when friends of mine took a cruise a year ago...they had 3 to a cabin.
Airfare.........200.00 (to/from FL) ...this is variable for everyone
Excursions....200.00 (I am budgeting only 2-3 excursions)...that amount might be high because we just might walk around and shop. I know my sister wants to do some snorkeling...so ....You can save money here by not doing the excursions--just walking around town at the ports or spending time on the beaches.
Alcohol.......Under 100.00 (this is where I am going to budget!) I don't have to drink all day/night just cause I am on vacation! But I do want to partake of some good martinis or mojitas while I spend time with my bestest girls!

Ok...so when all is said and done...I am going to guess $1300-1500.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So I just spent at least a fricken half hour answering everyone - and I mean everyone - long dang post and went to hit submit, then went 'oh god I forgot to copy, tried to hit copy' but too late. Lost it all.

I'm getting another beer 'cause I'm totally PO'd now and just too dang tired to rewrite EVERYTHING and it was good too. Dam# it
That bites. Why do you copy all the time? And why do you lose your posts when you submit? I am not understanding why that happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
cruise sounds great and will try to swing it if I can. Hugs and kisses to everyone and I hope they get this thing fixed soon or I'm going to use my machete and hack myself to death.
Oh Joy...I hope you can swing it! It would be so much fun to meet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I do need girl time....Maybe it can be done but we will see...

Barb- you crack me up LOL....serious girlfriend time is good!!and depends a must lmao....you would be a hoot!

Pouring like crazy here. Sweltering today... Nasty humid day!!Didnt even want the kids out in this weather. Air quality sucks here lately!!I took 2 showers today...I felt so grody LOL>>>Ya think that would give her an incentive ??? hell no................I told her too lol that I didnt feel clean even after 2 showers LMAO>. not even a turn of the head!

Tex= have a good night at work. Good luck your way girl................how is the bathrooom?????????
Yes, you do need girl time!!! Please come with us!!!!!! That ship will never be the same. All the passengers will be jealous because they aren't sitting at the table with the fun chicks!

Did you husband have a talk with his mother about her hygiene issues? He should be the one to do it--not you! Did you get Mia and Noah after her?

My bathroom is almost finished. I still have to hang the towel racks, TP holder, touch up some paint, hang the mirror. and then I think I am done!!! I will take pics this week-end and post for all to see. I ended up painting it 2 colors...a mocha color on the bottom (called traditional-Behr paints) and sandy pecan on the upper. I hung 3" chair rail also. I hung my new shower curtains. I have cream colored and deep sage green towels right now....not sure about the sage green towels. The colors are cream and mocha. I wanted to add a 3rd color with the towels. What do y'all think? I was thinking keep my cream towels and add some burnt orange colored towels--just not too sure of the deep sage colored towels. I want a color to make it POP! I am thinking the burnt orange might work.
Quote:
WOW, I see everyone is back! I couldnt get on last night at all. I thought CD fell off the map and I missed you guys! Of course, it wouldnt have mattered much, I was so bone dead tired by the time I got home last night I could hardly see straight.

Listed a new property
That's great that you sold the river house!!! Jody you were not the only one having problems with C-D.com yesterday--I was suffering major stress over that and a few other things!

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 07-30-2009 at 12:12 AM..

Old 07-30-2009, 12:18 AM

Hey Shel..how did the showing go?

I love the idea of burnt orange, I have a couple sets and they really go with a lot of different colors..I need a shower curtain (fabric one) for the guest bath. I have dark green towels, the burnt orange, I have some light blue, anyone seen anything fun and funky? If so can you dm me a link. I am so bad with this stuff...I have whitevinyl up here right now just so we can use it..need color!

Wow I hope we can get this cruise together, I am so excited...just have to get the mobile home sold and I am booked Tex...me and my sister..she is celebrating her 50th BD in Nov and never been on any kind of cruis except maybe he disneyland paddle boats when she was a kid..

ok i am heading to bed..I have a phone appt with a social security attorney in the morning I need to be awake for...

Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Shel..glad you are up and among the living...glad it all worked out with Verizon, too....it was a rough night, you had a chocotini and I had milk. something wrong with that pic.

I really, really think all campers should think about that cruise with us in January. I have a feeling we would have the time of our lives! Come with us, come with us, come with us....that is my version of subliminall messaging!
No worries...soon we will be having martini's together if all goes as planned. No milk for you on the cruise!!!!
We will have the time of our lives on that ship! Everyone is going to want to sit with us at dinner because ours will be the FUN table! So...thus far...

Me
Barb
NJ .....maybe
Joy .....maybe
Gold.....maybe

Any more takers? If you want to save money--don't do the excursions...just visit the town of the ports we stop in or visit their beautiful beaches. There is so much to do on the ship that you don't have to spend $$ doing things at the ports.

Barb is an experienced cruiser....she has "tips" on how to save $$ --I won't divulge her secrets--I will leave it up to her, but suffice to know that "that ain't no H2O in that bottle of water!".

Your food is included along with iced tea, coffee and lemonade...anything else is charged for...ie: alcohol and pop.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Hey Shel..how did the showing go?

I love the idea of burnt orange, I have a couple sets and they really go with a lot of different colors..I need a shower curtain (fabric one) for the guest bath. I have dark green towels, the burnt orange, I have some light blue, anyone seen anything fun and funky? If so can you dm me a link. I am so bad with this stuff...I have whitevinyl up here right now just so we can use it..need color!

Wow I hope we can get this cruise together, I am so excited...just have to get the mobile home sold and I am booked Tex...me and my sister..she is celebrating her 50th BD in Nov and never been on any kind of cruis except maybe he disneyland paddle boats when she was a kid..

ok i am heading to bed..I have a phone appt with a social security attorney in the morning I need to be awake for...
No clue---my realtor told me she would try to get feed back as soon as tomorrow. She didn't show the house...another realtor did.

Barb...I got a BEAUTIFUL fabric shower curtain...well both of them are beautiful ....at Target. Wait until you see them. The inner curtain is cream colored with mocha palm trees on them. The outer curtain is a mocha suede curtain with tiny square holes cut in it. I hung a clear vinyl behind the cream one....only because I don't understand how the fabric will keep from getting wet and soaking the outer brown suede one.

I am saying repeated prayers for you to sell your place in WA. so you and Cindy can go on the cruise with me. We will have LOTS of birthdays to celebrate!

Good luck tomorrow with the SS attorney. I hope you make some headway with that tomorrow.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:12 AM

Shel..I would have hung the vinyl too, but i wonder if some of the fabric ones are treated to be water proof..I dunno, we splash too much water all over, better be safe than sorry, and when it gets crummy, toss it out and buy a new one at Target, vinyl.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:26 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
No clue---my realtor told me she would try to get feed back as soon as tomorrow. She didn't show the house...another realtor did. Fingers crossed, Tex. After that bathroom remodel I'll bet your place showed fab.

Barb...I got a BEAUTIFUL fabric shower curtain...well both of them are beautiful ....at Target. Wait until you see them. The inner curtain is cream colored with mocha palm trees on them. The outer curtain is a mocha suede curtain with tiny square holes cut in it. I hung a clear vinyl behind the cream one....only because I don't understand how the fabric will keep from getting wet and soaking the outer brown suede one. Ah, cream with mocha palm trees - love it. Good idea on the clear vinyl 'cause yeah the suede one would get soaked and well, suede doesn't hold up real well being soaking wet. We're ready for pics!

I am saying repeated prayers for you to sell your place in WA. so you and Cindy can go on the cruise with me. We will have LOTS of birthdays to celebrate!

Good luck tomorrow with the SS attorney. I hope you make some headway with that tomorrow. Ditto here - SS attorneys does not make for a funfilled day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Lorrie...you must be very proud of him! Nice photo! What is he planning on doing with his life now that he has graduated?

And that would be ONE of many comments I made last night until Grrrr. Good lookin' kid like the rest of the family.

No problem--I was going through some major stress last night! Damn computers!

No Shi%- I was about to throw mine out the window. Long a%% day, then . . . . .

Let's see....
Cruise..........745.00 (I think Barb got a cheaper rate than I did and the more people who share a cabin, the cheaper it is. I know when friends of mine took a cruise a year ago...they had 3 to a cabin.
Airfare.........200.00 (to/from FL) ...this is variable for everyone
Excursions....200.00 (I am budgeting only 2-3 excursions)...that amount might be high because we just might walk around and shop. I know my sister wants to do some snorkeling...so ....You can save money here by not doing the excursions--just walking around town at the ports or spending time on the beaches.
Alcohol.......Under 100.00 (this is where I am going to budget!) I don't have to drink all day/night just cause I am on vacation! But I do want to partake of some good martinis or mojitas while I spend time with my bestest girls!

Ok...so when all is said and done...I am going to guess $1300-1500.00

That bites. Why do you copy all the time? And why do you lose your posts when you submit? I am not understanding why that happens.

The reason, and it's not like it's the first frickin' time, is that like last night when I was dog tired and FORGOT! If I copy what I've spent a zillion years writing, then when I hit submit and get "whoops, this link isn't working" or some crap like that - then I can just go back and 'paste' what I had written and do it as many times as I need to until it FINALLY posts. Thing is even 'refreshing' the page doesn't work and the same error message comes up, so have to hit back arrow which only posts the 'multi quotes' NOT the responses that's what happened last night and when I'm actually 'thinking', scarey I know, I copy my post to be on the safe side. It's actually happened several times and thank god I had right clicked, hit copy - 'cause then once I could post, nothing lost. Maybe happens when too many ppl posting - no clue other than it's happened more than once though 95% of the time I've been able to save my post, other times I was brain dead and didn't do a copy (like I'm going to do on this one)

Oh Joy...I hope you can swing it! It would be so much fun to meet you!

Like I said last night LOL I'm a praying things work out. Miami is only about 2 -2 1/2 flight from here - I'll even be the camper that sleeps on the floor! I'm easy, not cheap, but easy

Yes, you do need girl time!!! Please come with us!!!!!! That ship will never be the same. All the passengers will be jealous because they aren't sitting at the table with the fun chicks!

Did you husband have a talk with his mother about her hygiene issues? He should be the one to do it--not you! Did you get Mia and Noah after her? Yes, NJ, inquiring minds want to know - not smelling any bad stink this morning so . . . thinking either DH got her to shower or you did drug her tea and throw her in a bucket of soap.

My bathroom is almost finished. I still have to hang the towel racks, TP holder, touch up some paint, hang the mirror. and then I think I am done!!! I will take pics this week-end and post for all to see. I ended up painting it 2 colors...a mocha color on the bottom (called traditional-Behr paints) and sandy pecan on the upper. I hung 3" chair rail also. I hung my new shower curtains. I have cream colored and deep sage green towels right now....not sure about the sage green towels. The colors are cream and mocha. I wanted to add a 3rd color with the towels. What do y'all think? I was thinking keep my cream towels and add some burnt orange colored towels--just not too sure of the deep sage colored towels. I want a color to make it POP! I am thinking the burnt orange might work.
Pics Pics Pics - I wanna see! sounds beautiful!

you were not the only one having problems with C-D.com yesterday--I was suffering major stress over that and a few other things!
Yeah and you had your email issues - another thing I commented on last night LOL (oh how many times will I be saying that this morning)

Quote:

And there ya have it - they've been having problems for DAYS and that's how, and once again, I lost my post - I think when they're have 'issues' which they are right now (even a thread on it - CD addiction support group). Part, though I did enjoy reading everyone's posts, but a small part of me just wishes I couldn't have gotten in - was all excited, wrote this quite funny post then into cyberspace it went!

Listed a new property

Matter of fact, I am still bone tired! LOL Hope you are all doing ok. I havent had time to read the posts since yesterday, but I am sure skimming through the LMAO pictures from some of you.

Heres a a photo of my papa bluebirds feeding his teenagers. Mama is sitting on 4 new eggs. She is one BUSY little mama too!

If you want to see the whole album of them go here:
Wild Birds, Eastern Bluebirds pictures from home & garden photos on webshots (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/573798044IQcwwA - broken link)

Nitey Nite all, I am about to fall asleep while driving my keyboard
Congratulations girl! So glad you got it through, then new house, new clients . . . well you are the bomb! Love Mama Bird!
Hey DM - yeah sucks to lose a post, though in my case didnt hit squat except post - even prefaced it with 'ok, I'm tired, so forgive any mispellings, blah blah blah' cause long a$$ day at the office, got weird message when I went to my website that DNS server having problems, freaked out 'cause well if ppl can't go to my website????

As I said last night (which I think will be the title of my new book LOL) I totally freaked, had a new listing to get enter so got it in database, uploaded it to server and magically it must have rebooted something 'cause there was my site again. Anyway, by 7PM last night I was tired from that and other BS during the day (not having fun like Jody writing up contracts), and almost threw my laptop out the window!

So a big howdy to everyone - only have a bit then have to get ready for morning appointment with the developer listing project with us and if you think I'm a talker, well this guy makes me look like a mime - my assistant asked me when I thought I'd be back in the office - I laughed and said with XXX who the heck knows - could be within an hour, or could be tomorrow!

I'll try and check back in B4 I head out, if not and no CF at office (if I even get back to the office) I'll pop in and say hi - providing CD not having issues and I can actually pop in and say hi. Didn't proof this one so have no idea if will make any sense whatsoever, but I AM GOING TO COPY the dang thing XX

Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 AM

Default calling all Camp Decorators!

Ok Decorators! I am going to post some pics in an album with my dang windows and a couple ideas I have so let me know what you think..I am so awful at this..if you want to see and not a 'friend' dm me..

Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Thank you all for putting up with me bragging about grandson. I just thought it was neat that the HS put his pic up. When he was a baby I use to babysit for him on my days off and dd went to her job. Grandson and i even when he was 6 weeks old went straight to the mall and then I would shop for myself of course and then I would do my other chores. So many people thought he was mine but I was in my mid 40's so I quess I could have been. He was so very easy to take care of. His brother on the other hand was so very different. Just got an E mail from dd and she has a paper with middle grandson's team for the Babe Ruth Base ball. They have to win two more games to go to the Babe Ruth world series. Or at least qualify for that in Utah I think. He is one of their pitchers.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:48 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,522,423 times
Quote:
Shel..I would have hung the vinyl too, but i wonder if some of the fabric ones are treated to be water proof..I dunno, we splash too much water all over, better be safe than sorry, and when it gets crummy, toss it out and buy a new one at Target, vinyl.

Barb is right get a vinyl one to put behind your new shower curtain. They come in a lot of solid colors. We have the beige one in the main bathroom and the white one in the walk in shower in the master bedroom's bathroom. I don't have one for my jetted tub in the master bath but that doesn't need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate