Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 07:47 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times

Advertisements

k She is doing alot better. Crackers toast went down and Pedialyte....
Ginger ale later.
thanks sisters!! You rock.

Stoy- glad it went better than expected. Tacky to have plastic and paper....glad they stepped it up a notch!! BAM!

Tex- how is little Watsaboo
Joy-get your ass here,
Painter...let us know how you do.

LAcey- I saw food thread. I am coming to dinner LOL>for Xmas. My mom did shrimp too and fish for Xmas Eve. I liked the shrimp. My dad liked the herring..blah!! Xmas day-- might be going to a friends up in Sussex...with her family.

I hope this is it for the sickies

Old 12-13-2009, 08:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
NJS-sort of rethinking menu as it's just us. So I'm thinking shrimp cocktail, mushrooms stuffed w/crab, antipasta platter for Mr. L and I for Christmas Eve and seafood scampi or cioppino for Christmas Day. Now id sil decides to grace us w/her presence (ugh) it will be stuffed shells,meatballs,sausage-not wasting my seafood on her.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:04 AM

381 posts, read 1,365,766 times
Glad the party went well!

My FIL AND dad are both coming on the 18th to stay for 3 weeks. Nothing like getting prepped to put your house on the market while guests are in town! It's all good though, my FIL is contracter and will help us finish up some of the projects on our list. We have an unfinished, but roughed in and carpeted room in the basement. The rest of the basement is finished with a huge rec room, office, and full bath, so it will be nice to have another room down there to stick guests. It doesn't have a window, but it's off the rec room which has a slider and a full-size window.

I've been making lists for groceries and ideas for dinner. I've spent the last 2 days baking for us & teachers & some friends and family. Angel food candy, caramels, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate/butterscotch chip cookies, chocolate dipped macaroons, and decorated cut-out cookies. I've done all the baking and dipping, just have to ice the cookies today.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,046,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
So how long do you think it will take for it to heal? I am really worried about him. It breaks my heart to see him limping and picking up his leg because it means he is in pain.

Holy crap---they had to sit on the floor for Thanksgiving dinner!?!?!?
He very well pulled a muscle like Barb suggested and that one thing your friend brought up - well your vet can check, but he's always running around and I know when Sasha Anne was little she pulled one leaping around. Just get him checked and don't worry honey. I'm sure it's nothing serious. XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi girls..Painter's right, Tex, Watson probably pulled a little muscle..i would watch it and see if he can walk it off...if not then take him to the vet in a day or so..I'm sure he will be ok!

Painter, good luck tomorrow, and oh lordy I hope the sun shines! Lots of buyers! Yes, it is YOUR turn, girl..

We went to dinner with our neighbors, downtown Palm Springs. Its raining out haha..was nice, we ate out on the heated patio right by the street so got to listen to the rain, the folks walking by..Kind of like real life, lol. It was nice but I am still tired.

tomorrow will get the tree decorated..I hope.

Ok tired and heading to bed my friends..
Oh Barb that sounds like so much fun - used to do that in Colorado when snowing and they had those outdoor heaters that are so pretty and we'd watch the snow, but be warm and comfy. I know you'll start feeling better now that you're home and not traveling so much. You two need to stop a bit, have Carl use his surgery as a way to get out of 'free' babysitting so he can have time for things HE wants to do. Have you found a chiro close to you all so you can use since the other one gave you both so much relief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I'm not putting up a tree--I know--Bah humbug!!! I just don't feel like it.

A friend of mine suggested Watson might have a luxated patella. I looked it up and it sure sounds like she is right.
Shel just take him to the vet so you're not worrying. I'm willing to bet he pulled a muscle or got his leg caught in something, but your vet can check it out. Since he's getting snipped on the 15th I think then maybe she can reschedule and do both at same time. He'll be fine honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning-no tree here-bah humbug I know. Just a wreath on door.

Hope baby Dir W is feeling better today.

Hope rain stopped for Painter.
You all will laugh but I still have my decorations partially up from last year lol - at least I'll save some time putting the rest up this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Hi Lace..Tex Joy Stoy Barb et al! thanks for checking on me!

Been a rollercoaster. Recovering from my outpatient surgery w/leg..Poor Mia has stomach flu- started with a cold/then had a bad cold as of Fri.. Nose really running...no temp...then had fever last nite 102. Gone down this morning but threw up/nausea. Nothing barely to eat..Flat ginger ale and crackers right now. Hub a huge help especially since I am not totally mobile lol.. Thank God Noah is good to go. She always gets it worse than him! He had a cold but is ok.. I hope hub and I don't get it ! then the twins will have to take care of us LOL.. say some prayers girls.
Any good suggestions for bouts with nausea???

We gave her Pedialyte...and hopefully it will stay down.

Hope you are all doing good girls. Painter good luck today girl.
Well I've already talked to you so know she's feeling a little better - saltine crackers always worked for me too with nausea and ginger ale. What my daddy used to give me and worked like a charm. Fingers crossed the rest of the family doesn't catch it. Dang the germs kids bring home from school - Ugh. Maybe you and DH can 'play sick' when Mia's better and let them take care of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Ginger ale or ginger candies.
Painter how's the weather??
I still feel sick from last night's party, sour stomach. either his family said something about their host skills or since it was a party of her friends she went all out. they had a ton of food and even hired someone to help. good to get out, had good time.
Sorry about the sour stomach and hope it feels better soon - glad you had a good time though getting out and about. How's things coming with the house? Know inspection went good - just waiting for final loan papers right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
The danm rain...has not stopped yet, it is POURING! My whole friggin place in under water, ponds across the street has crest its banks, my pool wss about a inch from overflow when I got up. I am so totally mad...wish I could cancel the open today. Never have had a swamp here in 8 yrs and it had to be today. Just can not believe this mess.

NJ Hope you recoup fast, didn't know you were having surgery...hope nothing serious. Heal fast!
Ah Carol - what horrible timing. I will pray to the sun gods to make it STOP and dry stuff up as fast as possible. Raining here to but of course I wasn't planning an open house. Saying prayers now that rain stops and sun comes out. Weather so unpredicable lately I've just given up on when it's supposed to be our 'green' season or dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
k She is doing alot better. Crackers toast went down and Pedialyte....
Ginger ale later.
thanks sisters!! You rock.

Stoy- glad it went better than expected. Tacky to have plastic and paper....glad they stepped it up a notch!! BAM!

Tex- how is little Watsaboo
Joy-get your ass here,

I'm here lol just had all those emails to get through lol

Painter...let us know how you do.

LAcey- I saw food thread. I am coming to dinner LOL>for Xmas. My mom did shrimp too and fish for Xmas Eve. I liked the shrimp. My dad liked the herring..blah!! Xmas day-- might be going to a friends up in Sussex...with her family.

I hope this is it for the sickies
Fingers crossed no more sickness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NJS-sort of rethinking menu as it's just us. So I'm thinking shrimp cocktail, mushrooms stuffed w/crab, antipasta platter for Mr. L and I for Christmas Eve and seafood scampi or cioppino for Christmas Day. Now id sil decides to grace us w/her presence (ugh) it will be stuffed shells,meatballs,sausage-not wasting my seafood on her.
I say get the word out you and Mr. L. aren't doing a Christmas dinner, but going out like for turkey day so she doesn't even know. Tell any other family members to keep their yap shut so she doesn't show up (or have someone slip something into her food or drink the day before so she's so sick she can't come) Now THAT sounds like a win/win.

Well girls I'm just braving the 'cool' rain and playing catch up since I now, thank God, have consistent internet service. Hope the sun comes out for all of you (me too!), kids and puppies feel better, and people who need to rest, ahem Barb, rest. I'll try to pop back in later. XXOO it's good to be back!

Old 12-13-2009, 06:28 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Painter how did things go today?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
I need to get to bed, I am dozing on the sofa, its after midnight..lazy I guess..isnt that awful, too fraking lazy to get off the sofa and go to bed!

Painter how did it go, I was thinking about you hoping it would dry up a bit.

Joy, need to call the local chiro here, I wanted to bring the one in IL home with us, he knew what he was doing.

Ok going to bed, will check in in the morning..

Old 12-14-2009, 03:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Barb signs off-I sign in! Bitterly cold here, like 20 below and snow.

Painter-waiting to hear.

We decided (I did) to stay home Christmas and invited my nail tech who is recently separated. Changing up the menu some. Will just ignore sil if she calls!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 07:29 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
morning........still fogged in here. Yesterday was nothing but horrible. It stopped raining around 11 a.m. and then the fog rolled in! Could not even see past the privacy fence or the street in front, could not believe it, in the middle of the day for crying out loud. Then we had short bouts of rain the rest of the day and then it cleared out and came back at dark...weird! Anyway the open was a flop, not one person...you could not of paid me to go out in the weather though. Found out that the Sat. activities were canceled due to the weather and they held it after the parade Sun. so it didn't let out till 6 p.m.! It was just bad all the way around, but now I have a clean house and nothing to do for a couple of days, so .... My agent says she wants to try again after the holidays, I said go for it! We would of canceled yesterday except she had paid for ads in a couple of papers.
I did get an inquiry off the OLD c. listing which I forwarded to my agent, they had to of dug deep to find the ad too, lol. Oh well, I did get some chocolate peanut butter cookies from the bakery out of the deal, yes she special ordered a trey fro the open...what a gal!

Well i am out of here for abit,,,,,have a good one and LACY dont answer the sil!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:25 PM

Ok, been hustling around here this morning leaving around 2:30 to head down to my girlfriends house about 70 miles away, our Christmas bunco is tonight at another gals house closer to L.A. so we will carpoool. Carl is driving me to Denise's and will pick me up in the morning..so I will be spending the night away from home lol. After he picks me back up in the morning we will head over to our sons and take him to breakfast, he lives about 15 miles from my girlfriend..then home by late morning..so I am exhausted already and going to take a little nap now..rest up will be a late night.

Painter, I am so sorry the weather messed up your open house..at least it was the weather and I do believe had the weather cooperated your agent would have had tons of buyers there.. Hang in there girl.

Lacey try to stay warm, so nice of you to invite your nail tech over, that is the true Christmas spirit. And as far as SIL goes, forget her..she hasn't contacted you by now, let her eat ....well let me be nice here...a hot dog lol. Does this cause an issue with you and Mr. L. I hope not.

Ok need to do a couple things so I can lay down..I am sunk if I do not sleep for a bit before I shower and change to leave..

chat later, love you all!!!!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:55 PM

I decided to just 'chill' on the sofa, turned the fireplace on and its cozy. Had some leftover skettie for lunch..will doze a bit.

Where is everyone today? busy getting ready for Christmas I supposed. Or working.

Ok later gaters..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate