Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2009, 09:02 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times

Advertisements

NJ, hahahaha! have fun icing your balls!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Easy trick. Use the sugar cookie dough from Pillsbury..the log style lol..in the refrigerated section..Non- Time consuming pain in the ass that you wont have to deal with. Add 1/4 cup of flour to the dough..then cut them out! VOILA!.
WOW---Why didn't I know about this before?!?!? Thanks!! I wish I had time to bake for the holidays---I just don't. I haven't even done my Christmas cards yet. I still have to shop. The only people I have bought for are my sister, Noah and Mia...that's it. I still have 2 nephews, bil, another sister and several friends to buy for yet. Oy vey....have to get busy. I need to run out...get the onesie and then come back and put it on Watsaboo then GET SHOPPING!!

Carl must be out of surgery by now....well maybe not...it's only 11 am there. I hope you are hanging in there Barb!

OK>...off to shop!!

Old 12-17-2009, 11:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Tex-according to FB he's still in surgery.

Get shopping girl.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Carl's surgery was a little more extensive than what they thought. He's out now and they had to give him a pain block after surgery-he's out of it still.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
hey, just wanted to let ya know hubby is home today from the knee replacement, doing pretty good.
Of course me though, hahahahaha, Cripple hubby, wild youngun, and 2 stalking dogs. oh yeah we are having some fun. urgh

DD got the condo 2/2, laundry, eat in kit, 1300 sq ft, lots bigger than the apt she had looked at. Hope it works out.

Barb hope your hubby does well!
Reckon everyone is zipping along with holiday plans.....I got some ingredients to bake, will see if that happens.
Do have a small tree, need to finish decorating it.

okay off to play dr and boss

Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,062 times
Sara, glad he's home, hope he's being good to you!
So does that mean DGD will be out of your hair soon?
Barb, how's Carl?
Really cold here, going down to around 7 degrees. my next job, i will NOT be leaving at 6:30 am! tired and stressed from work. even the (high school math) students noticed other students getting out of control the closer we get to break! too tired to even make myself a margarita but gotta stay up for Survivor. Sellers want to move up closing date, too, by a week. depends on how this insurance/mortgage goes though. but maybe we will leave a few days early...

Old 12-17-2009, 07:23 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,836 times
Hi everyone,

I've missed you all, and will have to read back to get caught up.

We finally got internet!!!! I hope everyone is doing well. Crazyma, glad that your DD got a place. Does she have a good job, and daycare lined up? Stoy, hope you can get your insurance and be in your new home soon. Have you tried State Farm? They came through for us when no one else would insure a vacant house. Hope all recently operated on dh's are not too demanding during their recoveries (Barb, Sara).

Well, we made the drive and brought two cats and two dogs 1200 miles, with no problems. Sadly, once we got here, our 20 y.o. cat Thunder had a stroke, and had to be put to sleep. Our other cat, Spencer, ran off, and may have become dinner for coyotes. Our ABF experience was terrific. They were extremely flexible and let us keep the trailers for a week to unpack.

It's so fantastic to be in Missouri. I sit in awe in the morning watching the sun come up while drinking my coffee, feeling totally blessed. We have great neighbors, who actually stopped by and helped my dh unload the heavy furniture. We are filled to the gills here with stuff. Looking into getting a pole barn for some of the excess. Hope everyone is healthy and doing well.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:56 AM

Morning-Barb's probably sleeping as she had a very rough day. Carl's home and will be immobile for 8 weeks.

Tambre-so sorry about you cats but you sound so content with the move.

CrazyMa-you are some special lady.

Stoy-maybe get out there earlier, get a room and chill.

Tex-how's Watson today?

NJS,Camry,Joy-Hi.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:53 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,374,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hey, just wanted to let ya know hubby is home today from the knee replacement, doing pretty good.
I didn't realize your DH was having surgery...hope he is doing well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi everyone,

I've missed you all, and will have to read back to get caught up.

We finally got internet!!!!

Well, we made the drive and brought two cats and two dogs 1200 miles, with no problems. Sadly, once we got here, our 20 y.o. cat Thunder had a stroke, and had to be put to sleep. Our other cat, Spencer, ran off, and may have become dinner for coyotes. Our ABF experience was terrific. They were extremely flexible and let us keep the trailers for a week to unpack.

It's so fantastic to be in Missouri. I sit in awe in the morning watching the sun come up while drinking my coffee, feeling totally blessed. We have great neighbors, who actually stopped by and helped my dh unload the heavy furniture. We are filled to the gills here with stuff. Looking into getting a pole barn for some of the excess. Hope everyone is healthy and doing well.
Amy!!! Welcome back to camp!! So nice to hear from you! So sorry to hear about both of your cats. That is great that you have nice neighbors. Not many neighbors would offer to help unload heavy furniture!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning-Barb's probably sleeping as she had a very rough day. Carl's home and will be immobile for 8 weeks.

Stoy-maybe get out there earlier, get a room and chill.

Tex-how's Watson today?
Poor Barb is probably exhausted from yesterday. I might try calling her later. I know Carl was in some pain last night according to FB.

I agree Stoy--get a room and chill in Colorado!

Lace, Sir Watson is back to his old ornery self! I am wearing baby onesies on him to keep him from scratching/licking his incision. They work great. I even found ones that are dog themed!! They were for baby boys...they say "hot diggity dog", another one says "so cuddly" with dog prints on it! One has "fetch, catch " writings on them. Too dang cute! I snapped them up around one leg so he can still poo and I cut out a hole out for his penis!!

Anne...are you done icing your balls as Barb put it!!

Joy....I hope you get that PC/internet problem solved today.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:34 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,354 times
Default you are going to love this

just when you think life can't get ANY BETTER........

my DD's freaking dog ATE MY NEW CARPET

sleeping with DGD to give hubby space first night home and at 4 this morning I heard this weird noise...like plunk plunk plunk. Thought hubby was up moving the walker. Kept listening, no he is gently snoring away...called Elvis, he came to BR door, I get up, roam thru dark house, ask dog, what do you want....well he goes to slider and I let him out a minute, back in & he goes to his bed.

Okay, I fall back asleep THEN I wake & hear that same damn plunky sound, so I ease up to the door, peek around corner and in the nightlite I see that DAMN DOG is biting at the carpet at the threshold into the hall bath!! Plunk plunk plunk, well he has pulled it loose & managed to tear out some places. I am quietly livid, mustn't wake the others.

So I go roaming into kitchen, turn light on,look around the corner of the bar and that DAMN DOG has chewed the carpet at the threshold going into the dining room!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right at the freaking thresholds!!!!!!!!
I am so mad.
Between my tooth hurting and lack of sleep,
my cripple man( who didn't keep his leg elevated like they CLAIMED to have told him to),
the bipolar (can kids be that way????) DGD
and Mindy who roams around
and now this DAMN Carpet Munching SOB

I am having

Quite a lovely day

...and how is yours???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate