Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

cdcd- I know about the Kit size-that is what I say about the LARGE master suites- Whatcha doing in there??? DANCING? Fer crying out loud all you are doing is sleeping or being romantic ...I mean really!! "Oh we can have a sitting area!!!"..WHY dontcha have a LIVING room???
Room for a bed, dresser/bureau nightstands??? CHECK- you are in business then!

hello EZICIT- welcome to our world Have you bought or sold, or in the middle of selling yourself??
Cdcd is trying!!! we are cheering him on!

off to figure out the day & have more coffee!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:48 PM

430 posts, read 1,695,084 times
Hello again all!

I'm sorry I wandered off for several weeks, I was thinking buying another house was not really in the cards for me at least for now.

But I found a FSBO I like very much. Saw it on Wednesday, had my agent present the offer Thursday. I offered 5% less than asking. The seller countered with full asking price and he has had it "on the market" only about two weeks (he's not on any of the FSBO sites so I don't think many people even know about it). I'm not really into bickering over a relatively small amount of money so I accepted and we're in contract. Maybe the escrow process will go more smoothly because the seller should be happy he got his full asking price. I won't bother getting excited until I get through underwriting, appraisal, inspection, etc.

My best friend also went into contract on her house on same day, as a seller. A bit different price point - 1.2 million They had it on the market about 60 days which they realize they got lucky and it was really not long at all. They did get greedy in the end and countered a solid offer with a price only 30k off of asking, mere pennies at that price! but it was accepted.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Crazyma, thanks for the links. I think a built-in storm room may be the way to go. Hi FOG, congratulations on your accepted offer. Hope the appraisal and inspection all go smoothly. CDCDguy, did you have more showings this week? Welcome EZICIT. Painter must be busy with company. Hugs, Stoy. Hi to everyone.

Old 04-17-2010, 09:45 PM

evening all!
ALL RIGHT FOG- sounds great- I know your sellers are tickled- they should be! the market is so slow every where Hope it all works out splendidly for you- let us know how it goes....and some pics of the new place if you are so inclined!

Tambre- yep a built in would be a good idea- you can always store some items in there- as long as you leave room for you! When my dad added a screen porch to his house they had on the coast, he had them build about a 6' x 6' concrete block closet type thing in the corner where the house jutted out. Actually under the porch roof. You could come out the kitchen door and turn to go in it. Everyone thought he was crazy, considering the house was built in 1834 and was still standing. But he got a kick out of it & they actually went in it a few times while living there....

CDCD you must be busy with some showings this weekend! This could be it!!! Lucky seller mojo coming to you!

Painter you behaving down yonder?
Stoy, hope you are having good weather.

okay, working on a little painting- did the background like 2 yrs ago, and had a flash of inspiration so head to hit it while in the mood

Everyone have a good night and great day tomorrow!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:47 PM

say , do we need to crank out the St Joe's peeps???

Old 04-18-2010, 07:51 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Morning to our campers everywhere.................it has been a very long and tiring week here at my place. Have the house back to myself and boy did it go down hill not doing anything around here. Now since the company left yesterday morning, well I had to tackle the yard head on and spent the biggest part of the day out there mowing and cleaning up......how the heck can my grass grow 6" in a week? Of course I had to strip beds and wash laundry to...extra towels and such, ended up doing 6 loads there. Today I have to head off to the grocers and restock, and finish up inside.
I thought for sure that since the house was a wreck that it would be perfect timing for someone to want to see the place but....no calls, no inquiries, no nothin'. My agent says things are moving pretty good but only in starters and first timers, she wrote 6 friggin contracts in the past 2 weeks but nothing over 150k. Did hear that the rural mortgages here are doing 100% finance and for the month...a gimmic to push up sales. Think that the income caps at 80K a yr and you have to have a high credit score to qualify but still..........is this a sign of loosening of credit lending?

FOG....Glad to see you back and sure hope this home comes to you easy peazy with no problems! Congrats!! Stick around and keep us informed too.

Crazy....I NEED a life size ST JOSEPH here, just set him at the front door please!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,885 times
Hope you all had a good weekend! I finally got so disgusted with yard work, and hired a high school kid to take it over. He came by Saturday and did an even better job than I would have done. Trimmed, edged, the whole bit. He has the job until the house sells. Great curb appeal.

Had a showing on Friday, and one yesterday. Still nothing, but it was fun sipping wine watching someone take care of the lawn! This is really one reason why I want a condo. Don't like the upkeep. At least for now I am a little happier.

Painter- glad your survived the company. My lawn seems to grow about an inch a day this time a year, course you can see how I fixed that......

Old 04-19-2010, 06:46 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Morning, Looks like we are in for some thunderstorms today...Most people wash their cars and it rains, me I mow and it rains just so it can grow faster. It is alright tho we do need some it dried out here really bad and it will make the farmers happy.

cdcd, I am jealous! Most of the high school kids around here work in the fields. I have spoke to lawn care companys, most won't come out this far and if they do, you have to have very deep pockets.
It does seem like I am always in the yard but Once my yard is done and IF I stay on it it isn't to bad. Mowing usually takes about 1 1/2 hrs. in high gear, another couple of hrs to clean up and who knows on the weeding. Then you can figure on several hours to trim shrubs but that isn't every week but there are alot of them. It takes a couple more hours to weed eat around them and the fences too and I only pressure wash every couple of months so....OK I guess I do spend alot of time out there....should not of sat here and posted it I felt better not knowing!

Old 04-19-2010, 07:16 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Good morning all. just seeing how everyone is doing. ya know, one thing we all have in common is all the yard work we do. i dont have grass to worry about but there is a couple of inches of pine needles i'll have to get rid of.
another day going thru my parents' house. very tiring and emotionally draining. no deadline as to wehn my dad wants out of the house but my brother and sister are leaving thursday, which leaves me and my younger brother here to finish up. my dad's already planning to visit us all out west for the holidays.
hope everyone enjoys there day.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:36 AM

1,320 posts, read 3,702,885 times
Painter- So you spend 2-3 hours each time you mow? I would be in pure h#@$%!!! I live in a medium size city, and was easy to find someone. I have a pretty small yard, but quite a few trees. His estimate was......... 15 dollars a cut. He nearly worked an hour total. The yard takes 20 min. to mow, but he spent a lot of time trimmimg and weed wacking. I MADE him take 20, and am still getting a fantastic deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate