Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 08:34 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
YUM! Shel! I haven't had porkchops in eons..I love anything broccoli/cheese I'll be right over LOL. We had grilled chicken/stuffing/veggies...............Having a SmartOne Choc. chip cookie dough dessert....Yum!! I am making pumpkin bread AFTER physical TuesLMAO........ You must be psyched with new roomie coming !! woohoo!! What a sweet girl you are to make dinner for her.
WOOHOOO SHEL GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU MUST BE PUMPED!

Barb-------Mia and I are doing ok., Actually I am getting better. Mia was hacking up a storm during day...Trying triaminic 8 hr. cough syrup...for kids...hylands didnt work this time..Might have to take her to doc this week if it doesnt get better...most she coughed though today. Vicks again tonite. Put her and Noah in a steam bath tonite........to unclog them lol..\\

9 minutes to go- BUFFALO BILLS ( I occasionally still root for them lol)...VS NY JETS=========GO BILLS. IT'S TIED. 4TH QUARTER.
Uh-oh...you know what BILLS stands for, don't ya??? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!!!!!!

Poor Mia and you!! Hasn't Scott picked it up yet? Is Noah getting sick again too?

I love pork chops! Dinner was so good! My roomie is great...56 yrs old at the end of the month--has loads of stories re: taking care of preemies in the neonatal ICU for over 28 years! Her husband left her for an "young thing"...so she started doing the travel RN thing. She seems really nice. I will post more as I know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post

Computer doing good, not overheating so Yeah! (do feel better now that I backed up my data 'cause I'd take a long walk into the jungle if I lost all of it)
Thank God!! Hey chicka ...my realtor said I am only tied to her for 10 days after ending my contract. She said I could list FSBO after 10 days and not have to pay her a commission...does this sound right to you?

Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Hey I found this out about the repping system!! I copied this from someone who had posted on another forum:

I believe the last tweak (as of 03-16-2009) was this:

In a 24 hour period: you can give out at most 35 reps to others.

Same person: you must give reps to 25 people before you can hit the same person again.

If somebody finds this is inaccurate, please feel free to correct me.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hey campers, probably going to bed early tonight, not feeling sharp but that is getting to be an old story so won't keep going into it...it gets old even to me

Shelly, we always have had our dogs on a lamb and rice formula, lamb is very hypo allergenic...we started with Nutro lamb and rice years ago, then about 10 years ago we found a pet food company from so cal that actually had a similar formula for a little less with home delivery. At the time we had 4 big dogs and were going through about 80# a month, thats a lot of dog food hauling from Petsmart every month...we still get the home delivered food, now that we are back where they deliver lol, yay! We only get 40# a month now because we only have the 2 big dogs, and Halo has a special dachshund food he eats..called Royal Canin. Might check out the lamb and rice formula. Halo licks his feet at times..has done since he was a puppy...not sure if allergies or a bad habit, he is allergic to grass so do have to watch him when we are around grass..when we had the fake grass in Utah (remember the grass sniffers, lol), that was so great for him, but we are going to put in regular sod her. Carl wants to put in St. Augustine since its so hardy and dog proof, but its extremely expensive. Might be cheaper to do the fake..we'll see.

Glad your roomie showed up and seems nice..bet she does have some stories to tell, as I'm sure you do...imagine how nervous she must be staying with a stranger when you think about it. hope its the beginning of a long friendship Shel.

Ok over and out, will check in later.

OH, my son and wife are driving down from Sac tomorrow, we have tickets to the Angels/Yankee playoff game on Tuesday in Anaheim. Win or lose, we are stoked!!!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
DD DGD & DOG made it here!! 48 hrs exactly from her door to ours....okay- let the games begin. DD flies out tomorrow for Atlanta, needs to arrange to store her shipped items and do some other stuff, so will be "grannying" a while. Thankfully Queen Mindy seems to have accepted the King- Elvis, but will be keeping close eye and separate them when out/running errands.
Thank you for the prayers and well wished for their safe trip
Hugs to all!!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Shelly, we always have had our dogs on a lamb and rice formula, lamb is very hypo allergenic...we started with Nutro lamb and rice years ago, then about 10 years ago we found a pet food company from so cal that actually had a similar formula for a little less with home delivery. At the time we had 4 big dogs and were going through about 80# a month, thats a lot of dog food hauling from Petsmart every month...we still get the home delivered food, now that we are back where they deliver lol, yay! We only get 40# a month now because we only have the 2 big dogs, and Halo has a special dachshund food he eats..called Royal Canin. Might check out the lamb and rice formula. Halo licks his feet at times..has done since he was a puppy...not sure if allergies or a bad habit, he is allergic to grass so do have to watch him when we are around grass..when we had the fake grass in Utah (remember the grass sniffers, lol), that was so great for him, but we are going to put in regular sod her. Carl wants to put in St. Augustine since its so hardy and dog proof, but its extremely expensive. Might be cheaper to do the fake..we'll see.

Glad your roomie showed up and seems nice..bet she does have some stories to tell, as I'm sure you do...imagine how nervous she must be staying with a stranger when you think about it. hope its the beginning of a long friendship Shel.

OH, my son and wife are driving down from Sac tomorrow, we have tickets to the Angels/Yankee playoff game on Tuesday in Anaheim. Win or lose, we are stoked!!!
I imagine she is nervous!! She seems very nice, right away wanted to know how we would do household expenses ....so she is going to pay 1/2 my water bill every month, plus help with buying laundry detergent and toilet paper, plus pay me rent. Sounds reasonable to me.

That is great about the playoff tickets!! I remember you saying you bought them! And you get to see DS and DIL!!

OK--I am going to try a rice/lamb diet for Watson. My dog (Both maltese and yorkies) are prone to allergies and sensitive skin.

What a traitor he is---took right to my new roomie...was laying beside her while we sat on the sofa and chatted. Usually he cuddles up next to me.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I imagine she is nervous!! She seems very nice, right away wanted to know how we would do household expenses ....so she is going to pay 1/2 my water bill every month, plus help with buying laundry detergent and toilet paper, plus pay me rent. Sounds reasonable to me.

That is great about the playoff tickets!! I remember you saying you bought them! And you get to see DS and DIL!!

OK--I am going to try a rice/lamb diet for Watson. My dog (Both maltese and yorkies) are prone to allergies and sensitive skin.

What a traitor he is---took right to my new roomie...was laying beside her while we sat on the sofa and chatted. Usually he cuddles up next to me.
Watson!!! Actually, Shel, that is a good sign, dogs are good judges of character! He will be back..

That split sounds good, think it sounds like a nice deal to me...and you get some help with expenses and get an extra person around for a while..you could be on to something, wayward home for traveling nurses or something, lol!

Sara! YAY! They made it..now, I take it Elvis is a canine and not the real king, right. Hey they said he is alive somewhere, might as well be in KS!
Have fun! Glad they made it safely...

Old 10-19-2009, 04:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all-lots of early a.m. chickles from you all.

Tex sounded delicious-lucky lady having dinner with you and glad you hit it off.

My heart will be with the Steelers!!!

NJS-I utilized the "horns" on the Bills but they didn't work, they usually do. Giants blew it.

Thought the way the Pats zapped up the score was sort of scummy. Arrogance.

Glad it's Mon and seeing doc today-this afternoon they're getting us in.

Tex-sounds right on the reps.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:45 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Uh-oh...you know what BILLS stands for, don't ya??? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!!!!!!

Poor Mia and you!! Hasn't Scott picked it up yet? Is Noah getting sick again too?

I love pork chops! Dinner was so good! My roomie is great...56 yrs old at the end of the month--has loads of stories re: taking care of preemies in the neonatal ICU for over 28 years! Her husband left her for an "young thing"...so she started doing the travel RN thing. She seems really nice. I will post more as I know!

Thank God!! Hey chicka ...my realtor said I am only tied to her for 10 days after ending my contract. She said I could list FSBO after 10 days and not have to pay her a commission...does this sound right to you?
OMG. As long as I lived in Buffalo I never heard that before Shel LOL>Bills..lol... Too funny. Actually they won in OT 16-13 Go Bills lol..
Noah is ok. Cough here and there! Mia a little better. Day by day, right?Scott got a cold a while back. He is ok now. How is your sinus congestion????

THat is awesome about your roomie. WOW. 28 years exp.That is amazing!! she sounds very responsible and nice!!

Lacey-=-- sorry your Giants lost!! I was astounded that NEw Eng. Patriots won 59-0 over Tennessee!WOW> I HAD to root for them with a company full of coworkers who LOVED their football and baseball lol..I had no choice !

Sara- glad DD made it safe and sound.

Joy- you up yet you crazy chick?

Old 10-19-2009, 07:00 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Morning everyone,

Crazyma, so glad that DD and DGD and Elvis are safe and sound . Enjoy the grammying. Lacey, hope that Mr. L get's fixed up and feeling better after the visit to the docs today. Texas, sounds like a real win/win situation with your new roomate. That's fantastic. NJ, hope everyone's feeling better soon. How many days until you're done with your realtor? Joy, was pseudo an attorney? If so, what was his sports connection? Roth, how's Sophie doing? Both of my dogs lick their feet, but I just thought they were grooming themselves. I never thought of it being an allergy, hmmm. There is frost on my windshield this morning...brrrrr. I was looking at things on the general moving threads and found this link, that I thought might be interesting:

Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

Painter, are you done with the deck yet? Stoy, how many days until closing?
Nice toes Barb. Gotta get in the shower and get to work. Have a great one!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning Tambre-have a good work day. Did the kids get moved?

Crazy-so glad they got there safe and sound. New lives for them.

Tex-did Sir Watson approve??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate