Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times

Advertisements

Actually, I'm 36 and will be 37 in February.

Jody,
Cute. Looks like my Pippin.

Stoy,
Here's hoping!

Seems like I was going to say something to someone else, but I've blanked now. :-/

Old 01-04-2010, 02:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning-and a very early one at that. Up since 2AM!!!!

Stoy-many thoughts and prayers girl. Remember there are other lenders out there.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Morning....Wow you all were chattin' up a storm last nite! I had to watch my ballgame and then just spaced out the rest of the night. The sore throat, ear ache is going around...had it a couple of days ago and it stayed 24 hrs and was gone.
Stoy...have faith gal, it is all gonna be all right! The laws of rural is so different when it comes to "live stock", here as long as they have shelter and water they won't do anything. A shelter is considered just a roof to protect from rain. It is sorry situation at best. But at least this guy will give the baby blankets.
You all know that my boys weigh in at 66 lbs and 60 lbs...you can hear them coming through the house! Dogmom, lol, they do sleep on the bed with me. Never had let animals on the beds before but these 2 have earned the right. They warned me of a tornado prior to hitting the house and then we had someone waltze in late and they slammed her to the wall in the hall...now they have free roaming privilages.
Lacey, You don't get much sleep do you? I am usually good with 4 hrs but here lately...6 hrs.

Thanks for all the b'day wishes...Christmas always take priority over it! And Tex the list needs updating for sure...we are all a yr older there too, lol........maybe you should leave it alone!

Old 01-04-2010, 06:56 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Crap I'm the oldest-UGH!!!!!!!
But you look decades younger and age is a state of mind! My girl (and i always call her 'my girl in Bocas' is actually 61) I swear looks like she's in her teens when she's riding her bike. Would have never guessed her age until she told me and then swore me to secrecy lol But you look fab! Must be your wonderful inner self keeping you so young looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey,

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes everyone. Shelly, thanks for posting the list. That is so sweet of all of you. If I missed any of your birthdays, I apologize. I'm really terrible with dates/time..

Sorry I missed it too - I can't remember Bdays at all. Can my son and nieces son since they were both New Year's Day babies and I remember hers - then I blank. I printed the list to PDF so when I get time I can plug in everyone's birthday to my calendar in Outlook and not forget.

Oh and Shel when I sent you mine I forgot to add age - 51 now.

Yes, that's me with the puppy. At one point he had his whole head stuck out through the wire, giving little puppy kisses, and then he was prancing around looking so proud. I wanted to put him in my coat and take him home. My dh won't let me speak my peace. I can't say anything. We did see another neighbor, and I mentioned to him that I thought the puppy needed a warmer shelter. Then, there's always puppy-napping, yahaha!

Shelly, you certainly picked the right winter to get away to warm weather!
Glad you offered the blanket and something my dad did because the dogs were not let indoors - and only one cat (mine) was (others were barn cats/strays) he took 2 dog houses, faced them towards each other with one side up against the house, filled them with straw then took some sheet metal type material to cover the gap between the houses and made a tunnel type thing so no cold/snow could ever get in them. They were always warm though he did go through a lot to make sure they were. Others, well, they didn't but daddy really jumped through hoops to make sure the dogs were warm. Course they weren't pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Can i get some prayers tomorrow that we get this mortgage finalized? thanks
This is such a great way to start the week. Massive prayers had been sent and will increase their intensity. I'm so happy honey this could all work out XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Jody, how are you feeling? That is an adorable pup you have there, my sis is partial to poodles too...what is your baby's name?

Jody your pup is just a cutie - someday do want to get another dog, but need fenced yard with doggie door but here I'm not sure what else would come through it Have a feeling 2010 is going to be great (and yes I thought I'd lose what's left of my mind without internet for so long! Back up now and running great). I'm sure the folks at the school were happy to see you and glad you're getting a lot of new first time home buyers!

My throat feels a little scratchy and I have that earache that I get some nights..I wonder what that is..forgot to ask my dr. the last time I was in..would think if its an infection it would hurt all the time..

Ok will check in later campers!
Hey barb glad when you go to the doc, on tuesday? you can ask and that's great about girlfriends coming to see you so you can get help hanging pics. Girls love doing that and at least you'll know they're level and in the right place lol even guys that are handy don't always quite get the whole picture thing. Let us know how it goes at the doctor and hope you can find a good chiro there XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Stoy--everything is crossed here...you need to get out of the toxic environment that you are living in.

yeah, poor thing - toxic doesn't even describe the negativity there. Stoy you'll be in CO in two shakes of a lambs tail!

Barb--You too?? I woke up with a raging inner ear infection. The pain was awful. I had a Z-pack in the medicine cupboard and am currently treating myself. Why is it that everytime I am getting ready to go away on vacation, one of two things happen?....I either get sick or I get my period. I should be getting the latter one tomorrow...who knows the way that has been acting...I could very well skip this month.

You too, huh? I vaguely remember when I actually took vacations and had periods they always coincided. With endo I'd have to pack so many plugs that one time the customs agent opened my suitcase and got this look because there were so many. Just looked at pseudo who shrugged. Now I don't have to worry because don't have time for vacations and total hysto. Will send prayers about ear infection and that this month you either miss your period or get it early/late so it's not when you're on your cruise.

Lorrie--glad you had a nice time with family in CA. How is Miss Willow doing?!? Post some new pics please! She is so dang adorable. Right before Christmas, I took Watson to Pet Land. They got out a few puppies for him to play with. (I checked ...they were all up to date on their shots!). Anyways they had a Willow doggie!! I said ...Look Watsaboo...there's a puppy like Miss Willow!
Hey Lorrie sorry it rained on your trip to see family, but glad the boys got some golfing in. Would love to see new pics of Willow - she's such a cutie!

Annie so the babies are getting ready to turn 5, then your Bday 2 weeks later. That's totally cool 2 weeks apart. I wish I was 5 again and you were my mom lol In fact their Bday is when Shelbel leaves on cruise. Bet their party will be great.

OK this is going to be short - well for me lol cause need to get going for the office; first day back after the holidays. Misty on my lap sleeping now, because even though while coffee being made, cleaned her litter box so she wouldn't whine/play with poop, fresh water and food she decided to get up and knock over my 'glass' ashtray which of course broke really thought if I took care of everything else she'd give me 5 minutes of peace - well, that's what I get for thinking lol Had to jump up to clean it up before she got glass in her paws and thank god it was thick glass so no shards just 3 huge pieces and one smaller one but dang. So no more glass ashtrays or anything else I guess. She'll be getting spayed soon so hopefully this is all a combo of kitten phase and hormones. Can't rush age, but sure can take care of those hormones

Hope everyone has a great day and I'm off to the races lol See you later.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,874,271 times
Just a quick hello and happy new year and then I'm off again. Not been around much........busy with holidays and not doing all that well physically and mentally.

House still sitting. Haven't had a showing since the beginning of November. I think we are never going to sell it. We even offered a buyer's agent bonus with nothing. It's been a year since we changed RE agents and DH wants to drop them, but I'm not sure that anybody can sell this place without us giving it away. We are planning on dropping the price again soon. 2 years ago I told DH that we needed to do some things around. He finally agreed to paint the outside and update the landscaping in August, and decided to re-do the bathroom day before yesterday. Pulled wallpaper and going to repaint. All too late and to no avail, I'm afraid, as I'm sure everybody thinks there is something wrong with it by now. I didn't think I could hate a building as much as I hate this house. I just want it to go away.

We are still living separate as well. I came up for a week over Thanksgiving and have been up here again 3 weeks today. I am desperately hoping to go back home tomorrow, but it has been snowing lightly perpetually for about 5 days and it doesn't seem as though it's going to stop. But I have to get back soon as I have things I have to do down there. I just hope I don't have problems in WV. Got new tires about 6 weeks ago, so hope that helps. Should have left last week, but DH insisted I stay through New Year's.

DD graduated with her master's in systems engineering on the 19th from Cornell University. We couldn't be prouder! We went up there for that and then worked on her house for a couple of days. I'm tired of caulking and painting houses!!! She is currently in Ireland with several friends for a week. Air Force is now pushing for her to go for her doctorate, but she isn't sure. The program she is looking at is at Carnegie-Mellon in Pittsburgh. I guess one sure way for us to sell the house in a hurry is for her to move to Pgh!!! That would be our Murphy's Law luck.

I haven't really read everything going on, so happy birthday to anyone I missed, congrats to anybody else who deserved it and here's to hoping that this year is a thousand times better than last. I need to get back to laundry, taping off in the bathroom and doing a few errands. Take care everybody and be safe.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:38 AM

Happy New Year RothBear and you have every right to be so proud of DD.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:19 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Actually, I'm 36 and will be 37 in February.

Jody,
Cute. Looks like my Pippin.

Stoy,
Here's hoping!

Seems like I was going to say something to someone else, but I've blanked now. :-/
Niki, what day in Feb?? Will put it on my list..anyone that wants an updated list let me know, DM me with your email if you don't have it and I will send it to ya!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,868 times
Roth,
Ugh. I hate it for you.

Congratulations to your daughter!

Barb,
The 7th.

I'm a little annoyed with DH right now. (Well, still.) My daughter started crying last night (she was in bed and I could hear her from the couch) and when I asked her why she was crying she said it was because she misses Daddy. So I texted him: "Kelly's crying for you again."

He's been in TX for a little over a week (working) and I know that the area where he is doesn't get good cell phone reception, so apparently he just got the text and texted me back (paraphrasing): Why did you tell me that when you know it's going to hurt me? I would come see her if I could.

Then he went on about how he could get a different job that would keep him close to home, but that he'd probably have to take a cut in pay.

*shaking my head* I texted him back about how when he's not out of state working, he still doesn't come see the kids. That he's chosen not to be here with us and that that hurts more than he knows.

I honestly wonder about the man's sanity. He'll sit there in that camper for weeks without going out of state for work and won't come see the kids. Then he has the nerve to ask why I would tell him that our daughter is crying for him when it just hurts him. That's his own fault. And when he can choose to not be here, thereby hurting our children (and me), I don't care about how knowing the consequences of his actions hurts him. He should feel more than hurt for what this is doing to his family. He should feel disgust and deep shame.

*sigh* Anyway, sorry for the venting.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM

Vent away Niki-do not hold it in! Bless your baby girl.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Niki, don't apologize, i hope posting makes you feel better and think straighter.
Tex, i used to get sick all the time before vacation. learned it was that the body was starting to de-stress before vacay, making you more susceptible to infection because any change the body goes thru makes you susceptible, which i know you know, but does that make sense? anyway once i realized that i started taking extra C and zinc, and B vitamins the week before vacation. so far so good.
no word on mortgage, but sent in final letter that I am still employed! this waiting is ridiculous.
first day back at work, eyes crossing, need nap, hope everyone is enjoying their monday and stayinng warm! (or enjoying sunshine-barb and joy!)

Oh Tambre, i mentioned the puppy to my dH. his response-"you know one thing i learned about this whole process (selling/buying) is that you need to be more patient" which means no puppy. and BTW, patient?? i need to be patient? my husband does NoT get My Job!! haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate