Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times

Advertisements

Hey all, Been doing some odds and ends around the house today. Have a huge pot of chili cookin' away and it smells so dang good, a couple more hours and I will be getting into it, if I can wait.

There is something just not right with our weather...they are saying we will be getting SNOW on Thursday and then sleet! Now first off this is friggin. FLORIDA and second how the heck do they predict Thursday when they can not get today right? Un..frikkin..believable....

Niki, Gal you vent all you want and I dont want you getting mad or upset with me but I am gonna be blunt. First I have respect for what you want, feel and trying to accomplish and for trying so dang hard to keep your marriage together. I did the same thing and went through some of the same situations you posted about here soo...My unsolicited opinion...kick his selfish ass to the curb and work on healing yourself and your children. It sounds to me like he has made his choice and now he is using his own selfish guilt to make things harder on you and easier on himself. It is time for you to take care of your kids and yourself. Those kids are smarter than you are giving them credit for and I do not think it is fair for them to cry theirselves to sleep every night, tell them the truth and help them cope, let them know you are there and always will be.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:54 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Jodyrose- good to see u!!

Painter- well SAID!

Niki, I think setting yourself free from him will help. It is unhealthy for the kids to stay together with someone who treats you and the kids like this. I won't say anymore. I am divorced Niki and am so happy I moved on. Second time around for me I found my soulmate...and it's awesome. You will find happiness again down the road. I was not happy and decided that was it one day and laid it on him! I lost 220 lbs. *my ex, that is!). I didn't have kids with him but I needed to give his aszz the boot!

Joyous---how are you sister?

Lacey- I am going to be anti- GB lol since I am dieting now LOL>>>No more til summer LMAO!. Can I hold out?LOLL>.I sure as helll hope so!! Any warmer there today??

Barb- how are you girl!

Shel-working tonite again right? I hope your patient is doing better... You are an angel to do what you do!!

Roth- we're good- thanks.

Hi to everyone else!!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:25 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Prayers worked girls!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!! closing may be end of the week, they have to send paperwork and stuff! so happy im shaking, need to cry or drink or something.

funny. DH said, "i don't care if it takes us 5 weeks to move, i just want to close". i ignored that. moving truck was resched. for next Tuesday.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Prayers worked girls!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!! closing may be end of the week, they have to send paperwork and stuff! so happy im shaking, need to cry or drink or something.

funny. DH said, "i don't care if it takes us 5 weeks to move, i just want to close". i ignored that. moving truck was resched. for next Tuesday.

EXCELLENT STOY!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO! SO HAPPY. Have a dam,n drink!!! I am so glad girl!!!!!!!!!! You can relax now!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

Stoy!!!! Woot! Doing da Happy Dance for you!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it would be ok, its just so frightening and stressful! Woot! Have a drink and a good cry at the same time!

Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
OMG Stoy, that's fantastic news!!!!! Painter, your advice to Niki almost made me cry. I can feel what you went through in your divorce, in your words. NJ, so glad that you found your solemate and you had the courage to see the truth and move on. My heart goes out to you Niki, and to the children. What father, upon hearing that his daughter was crying for him, would not get his butt up and drive to an area with good cell phone reception, and call her, or text her that he loves her and misses her too,...or? Instead, he texts you complaining about it. So callous. Roth, I think upgrading will definitely help to sell the house. Congratulations on your DD. Wow, she's a bright one, like her mom.

Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM

Niki, got some great advice going from Painter and NJ. Does this man think you are going to just sit forever until he decides what he wants to do. Time for you to think about YOU and the KIDS. Life is short, you are still so young, you deserve happiness Niki and right now no one is happy. Do you have an attorney? I think you need to get some representation for yourself and see what your options are. You need to protect yourself financially..

Your husband does not sound right, how could he not be crushed that his daughter is crying for him..But that's HIS problem. And you probably do need to let the kids know what is going on briefly as they probably already know and probably have a lot of fear attached to not knowing anything definitive.

So he is living in a motor home or trailer when he is 'home' from his travel work? Why? Does he have an answer or is he just trying to find himself as they like to say.

I don't have any great advice for you Niki but listen to these gals..they are very smart.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Hey girls just popping in while my 'shut off brain' streams. Carol, can't believe frickin' snow in Florida - blows my mind but weather's been way off. Stoy I'm so happy about mortgage I could cry. Annie touching story about your first marriage - and Niki, please realize that all of us been there and are just trying to help you and your precious children.

Now to be selfish here lol and tell you how my frickin' day started. Well, think I told you it actually started with my sweet darling Misty breaking my glass ashtray. Ok, no biggie - so I don't have glass anything until she grows up and I deal with hormones lol.

Then I go out to head to the office and I see my truck has been washed (my neighbor washed it for me as a New Year present - it's his wife that always brings me a plate of food on Christmas day). I mean so clean I could see my reflection in it. Well lol I guess I was so 'dazzled' to actually see my truck clean for a change that I get in my truck and do what I always do: throw my truck in reverse and back into my neighbor across the street driveway 'cause road narrow and it's easier that way.

Well there is NEVER a car in his driveway, but there sure as heck was this morning trailer hitch hit the bumper of the car, put a big hole in it and scraped the paint - but with a big hole in it, well, guess the paint didn't matter too much lol THANK GOD I am on such good terms with neighbors and that Naiky knew someone here in Boquete who does body work and can fix/replace it for like $70. Then I'm heading down the hill to go to work, AC/DC Highway to Hell running through my head and I'm thinking " and I haven't even got to work yet"

Now i'm going to go to bed and will definitely double check that driveway tomorrow. See you all in the morning - well unless the frickin' roof falls on me in my sleep lol

Old 01-05-2010, 12:54 AM

Oh wow Joy, crappy Monday but tomorrow is a better Tuesday! Sounds very reasonable for getting that repair, gotta love Panama..same repair here would have been $1,000...

By now you are sleeping so sweet dreams to everyone, heading to bed here myself..

My girlfriends came out today and the two of them got in the mess on the patio and started ripping open boxes..Woot! lots of framed family photos, readyto go up on the walls, also wall decor items..i also got a giveaway box started, and a toss box..which I'm sure both will be filling up..lots more to go through but those girls sure helped to get us started..now tomorrow I need to get the hammer and nails out and start pounding and decorating!

Ok nighty night!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:07 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Morning and I am so happy for Stoy-I knew it would work out. I got goosebumps for ya.

Niki-Painter and NJS said it better than any of us could. Time to move on honey.

Barb-good day for you!

Shell-hope you're feeling better.

Tam,C21,JodyR, CrazyMa,Roth-hugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate