Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all - well the sun is out so hopefully today will start just a tad better lol

Barb that's so cool about your GFs helping you - I can see them now ripping apart boxes lol you need to keep those girls around for a while and you'll be unpacked before you know it. And yeah you're right about bill - I was just holding my breath about what it would cost. Thank God Naiky thought of my old office maid's (had baby so not working now) husband 'cause they like me so giving me a good price - if it would have been repaired down in the City where everything is more, well, while it still wouldn't have been in the $1k range, it would have been more. $70 I can live with though still feel stupid for being all dazzled by my truck being so clean. Guess I should have it cleaned more often so it's not a 'new thing' lol

Stoy said it before and I'll say it again: I am so happy about that mortgage. When things are meant to be it always works out. You're almost to Colorado and away from the negativity. Whoo Hoo!

Lacey, hope it warms up just a tad for you - know you and Mr. L. are used to it but . . . dang that's cold. There's a weather poll about what kind of winter do you think is best or something like that - needless to say my choice was obvious lol Is Mr. L. still feeling good and have they figured out what is wrong since last time they were saying it might not be what they originally thought?

Shelly your cruise is right around the corner! Since sis is going who's going to watch the kids? Think you said you were off now since you had to work through New Years. Man that was just a horrible way to ring in New Year. Hopefully you're getting some good rest and glad the boy is sleeping longer so mama gets to sleep more.

Annie - how's Mia feeling? Has the hacking gone away? Know the kids are back in school this week so you'll get to see your best bud lol Can't wait for those dang cookies! My mouth is already watering.

Amy hope you and BOB lol are doing good - how are the kids, have you heard from them? Know that's hard on ya being so far away now. Talked to mine and realized that since he couldn't come down like he had planned or he'd lose his job it's been 2 years come March. Will be good to get him out of school so then MAYBE i can get him down here, but . . . never know with them so guess we'll see.

Lorrie hope things with you and Gary good and can't wait to see new pics of Miss Willow. One of the cutest pups I've seen. Is she all recovered from her surgery?

Carol are they still calling for snow? Dang I didn't even know it snowed in Florida but a few weeks back it did snow in Houston of all places so I guess anything goes now with weather patterns being so screwed up. How are the kids doing?

Niki hope today is a good day for you and everyone sending prayers.

Sara, bet you're enjoying having your house 'back'. Catchin' up on all that stuff you couldn't get done with DGD there. At least her 'rocks' are still there for her to play with when she comes to visit lol

Well, guess I should get my sorry butt in gear. Another day and I will be checking my mirrors very closely this morning but did look out the window and, of course, there's no car in my neighbors driveway 'as usual'. Figures I'd pick the one time there was to not be paying attention. I'm so used to other things when driving like people just stopping with no indication, people walking in the road, dogs or even cows lol running into the road, etc. that something I do almost every day and it's always the same . . . well wake up call: expect the unexpected.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 01-05-2010, 07:40 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
GOSH STOY! I love getting on here to good news...pack up and go West girl! I bet you were jumpin up and down and yellin', I would be. Sounds like you will get a fast closing too, wonderful.

My neighbor came in last night and told me I had better start locking my doors at night. His sister lives 1/4 mile from me and had someone trying to get in her house, lady came to the door and said she needed $5 that she was out of gas but there was guy sitting in a running car in the carport. The gal tried to "come in to wait" for her to get her cash. She didn't make it through the door. Then the next night the gal heard some one on her porch and peeked out the window to see the same guy trying to look in at another window, she recongnized the hat he was wearing. Well, I don't always lock my doors and I have my 2 boys and 135lbs of mean so....come on in! Have to say that several days ago my boys did go nuts and kept growling and ran from one door to the other around midnight, maybe I was on their list?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:50 AM

Well Joycrasher I am glad you weren't hurt but not a good way to wake up in the a.m., I too have backed into someone that wasnt suppose to be behind me.

I hopped into my OLD jeep, had a riser kit on it and it was so loud, the mirrors were fogged up, ect...excuses. My neighbor had pulled in behind me in his little car and I didn't see him. Threw the thing in reverse and pushed him a good 8' before I realized why they were waving at me, thought the kids were just waving good bye, lol. Now they all still tell me to look back when I put the truck in reverse. My jeep didn't have a scratch but the cars front end got pushed in really bad, 2k worth of damages.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:06 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
GOSH STOY! I love getting on here to good news...pack up and go West girl! I bet you were jumpin up and down and yellin', I would be. Sounds like you will get a fast closing too, wonderful.

My neighbor came in last night and told me I had better start locking my doors at night. His sister lives 1/4 mile from me and had someone trying to get in her house, lady came to the door and said she needed $5 that she was out of gas but there was guy sitting in a running car in the carport. The gal tried to "come in to wait" for her to get her cash. She didn't make it through the door. Then the next night the gal heard some one on her porch and peeked out the window to see the same guy trying to look in at another window, she recongnized the hat he was wearing. Well, I don't always lock my doors and I have my 2 boys and 135lbs of mean so....come on in! Have to say that several days ago my boys did go nuts and kept growling and ran from one door to the other around midnight, maybe I was on their list?

Carol..oh you need to lock the doors..sad to say I don't think anyone is safe anywhere...I'm like you I'd like to see someone get past security dog Gracie, but you never know...we don't need a security system, per se, but we do keep our doors locked...We put a security screen door on the front door so we could open and get air, but it still deadbolt locks. Sad commentary on life, I guess..

Joy glad there is no one in the driveway across the road this morning, lol...you will never back up before looking again, believe me. I have done stuff like that, mostly running over trash cans.

I got 3 hrs sleep last night..I can't function this way. We need to leave here about 10 to make the 90 mile drive to the doctors...need to sit and do bills, also some paperwork to fill out. wonder if I take a shower now will that wake me up? I can barely keep my eyes open..UGH

Old 01-05-2010, 08:13 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
Stoy,
Yay! I'm so happy for you. I actually clapped my hands. lol

Barb,
He started living in the camper on a campground in October. He bought the camper in July or August, saying it was for us as a family. (I've never seen it.) I had my suspicions, which he confirmed when I found out that he had actually bought it for himself so that he could move out. :-/

My husband has always been kind of a negative person. This only got worse when he quit serving God. I read an online article a few months ago that talked about how when a person becomes too negative, they become unhappy (dh has said he's not happy), and because of their negativity they can no longer see the good in their spouse. So they blame their spouse for their unhappiness, when their unhappiness actually comes from their negative outlook on life. People like that often leave their spouses if they (the negative one) don't change.

Anyway, as far as having an attorney, I don't have one and I don't have any money for one. I have maybe $50 in the bank. Which is about what the balance is week to week. I don't have a job outside the home, though I've applied, and even if I did, I'm only qualified for minimum wage and could only work when my kids are in school. Four hours a day, no nights or weekends, no holidays, no teacher workdays, no days when my kids are sick, no days when I'm sick, no summers, no Christmas break, no spring break, etc. (I can't afford child care or after school care.) Which would be about $100 or so a week, after taxes and other things.

Not enough to live on and not enough for an attorney.

$175 gets put over every week from dh's paycheck and is for groceries and gas. Once those necessities are taken care of, the bank balance goes back to around $50. Sometimes less than that.

DH also gets all the bills paid. Thank God.

Also, I have health issues and I need my dh's health insurance. Part time work (which is all I could do) would not get me the health insurance I need. And I'd be lucky not only to get hired with a potential employer knowing how much work I would miss, but to also not get fired for missing so much work. I would be an unreliable employee.

So unless God performs a miracle (brings DH back to his senses and back home, or brings a job into my life that I can do at home and that pays a lot of money, or that a huge chunk of money falls into my lap), I'm stuck. Divorce would not be an option. I've never heard of a judge allowing a SAHM to continue to be a SAHM and/or have the man pay all the bills even after a divorce. And if we got divorced (God forbid), that's what would have to happen - DH would have to continue to pay all the bills. As things are I could never afford to pay the bills.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Niki-turn it over to God-you will get an answer.

Painter-lock those doors!!!!!! They laugh at me out here as I lock ad double lock-even hit the lock on the garage door openers at night. Alot of these creeps have disabling sprays they use on dogs. Now just DO IT!

Decided on going out tonight as 2-4" snow tomorrow plus won't have ice til then-and we all know you need ice for Happy Hour.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:31 AM

Hey Lacey, NO one wants to mess with my boys, I am afraid I would have to permantly stop them after that...38 has that ability and I am a dang good shot. You know my Yankee temper would get the best of me, lol.........But I have told my dd if she ever comes in late and she sees a car/truck anywhere near by to keep on going and to dial up cops and me. And I did tell her we will start locking up at home day or night. This couple has "hit" in the middle of the day too, on the pretense of selling cleaning products. Unfortunately with the state of economics it is bringing in alot more crimes, even here in this sleepy little town.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:43 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Stoy,
Yay! I'm so happy for you. I actually clapped my hands. lol

Barb,
He started living in the camper on a campground in October. He bought the camper in July or August, saying it was for us as a family. (I've never seen it.) I had my suspicions, which he confirmed when I found out that he had actually bought it for himself so that he could move out. :-/

My husband has always been kind of a negative person. This only got worse when he quit serving God. I read an online article a few months ago that talked about how when a person becomes too negative, they become unhappy (dh has said he's not happy), and because of their negativity they can no longer see the good in their spouse. So they blame their spouse for their unhappiness, when their unhappiness actually comes from their negative outlook on life. People like that often leave their spouses if they (the negative one) don't change.

Anyway, as far as having an attorney, I don't have one and I don't have any money for one. I have maybe $50 in the bank. Which is about what the balance is week to week. I don't have a job outside the home, though I've applied, and even if I did, I'm only qualified for minimum wage and could only work when my kids are in school. Four hours a day, no nights or weekends, no holidays, no teacher workdays, no days when my kids are sick, no days when I'm sick, no summers, no Christmas break, no spring break, etc. (I can't afford child care or after school care.) Which would be about $100 or so a week, after taxes and other things.

Not enough to live on and not enough for an attorney.

$175 gets put over every week from dh's paycheck and is for groceries and gas. Once those necessities are taken care of, the bank balance goes back to around $50. Sometimes less than that.

Also, I have health issues and I need my dh's health insurance. Part time work (which is all I could do) would not get me the health insurance I need. And I'd be lucky not only to get hired with a potential employer knowing how much work I would miss, but to also not get fired for missing so much work. I would be an unreliable employee.

So unless God performs a miracle (brings DH back to his senses and back home, or brings a job into my life that I can do at home and that pays a lot of money, or that a huge chunk of money falls into my lap), I'm stuck. Divorce would not be an option. I've never heard of a judge allowing a SAHM to continue to be a SAHM and/or have the man pay all the bills even after a divorce. And if we got divorced (God forbid), that's what would have to happen - DH would have to continue to pay all the bills. As things are I could never afford to pay the bills.
NIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to me, ok>>> I have a friend that is going through a divorce.
1. you CAN get COBRA---or your husband CAN leave you on his health insurance policy forever if he wants to...The kids--he has to put on his policy if divorced. That is a fact. It's THE LAW! His employer has to offer it to you!!!
2. You apply at local courthouse for SPOUSAL SUPPORT AND CHILD SUPPORT. Friend of mine did all of this! She doens't have 1 penny either. She has been a SAHM FOR 5 years. She also has a 5 year old, 3 year old and 2 year old! and SHE IS DOING IT!! She was in mentally abusive situation with her husband and finally came to her senses and wants out!!THE COURTS BASE IT ON WHAT YOUR HUSBAND MAKES BY HIS GROSS INCOME earnings and they have a formula they use to calculate what he would have to pay to you monthly or bi weekly...If he doesn't pay they will garnish his wages. When I worked in Human Resources as a generalist, payroll was directly across from my office....so many had wages garnished because the deadbeat dads wouldn't pay for their kids !!

3. there are MANY MANY ways for system to help you., Don't be embarrassed about it... My friend went to Social Security office yesterday to apply for diff. programs.....to help her and her kids. (wic,food stamps,etc)

Can you imagine 3 kids UNDER AGE OF 5?? She is doing it. If she can YOU CAN TOO!!!

4. Check if your state has DIVORCE by mediation. You can save thousands and might only cost you a few hundred dollars compared to most lawyers who want 1500-2500.00 for retainer fees.

YOU CAN GET OUT OF IT!!

Quote:
He can pay your kids child support/spousal support as your EX- husband too!!

You need to really see a counselor who will show you things in a different light.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
That's my girl NJS!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:11 AM

AND there you have it....it can be done and you will get more than the $175/month

My gosh something just went off here! Sounded like a sonic boom followed by thunder, scared the begeesessss out of me...it is still rumbling and I have no idea what the heck it is.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate