Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 04:52 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Morning all-Tambre 6" walls and very insulated and natural gas. Lucky for sure.

Countdown for Stoy!!!

Painter-it will happen.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Morning out there in the frozen lands!
Stoy, had to laugh about people moving to warmer areas....not here, lol. Yesterday we had the same temps as Chicago! Now it is in the mid teens and blowing but the sun is shining, a real treat for me.
Lacey, Your heat bill is what my water bill runs. Electric for heat is around 200 and I can't wait to see the next one. Mine is cheaper than any of the neighbors and it is one of the biggest houses. I did alot of insulation and caulking. My neighbors house is 1500 sf and usually a hundred more than me...they haven't done anything to the house since 1975!
Well my agent emailed me and said the lady replied to her and that she wants to talk to her on MONDAY about my place...so we will wait and see if anything pans out then.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,125 times
Morning everyone,

Painter, sounds hopeful, that they are still interested. Do you know where the buyer lives now? How are you doing with keeping the water to the barn unfrozen? It's about 7 degrees here, going down to -4 tonight, but the deep freeze is supposed to be over tomorrow. When we were in NY, our heating bills were $700-$800 in the winter months. Here we have a small propane wall heater, for part of the house, and it's really efficient. We also have an electric dual heater/airconditioner...like in a hotel room. Not sure what the bills are going to be. Lacey, I can't believe how economical it is for you to heat your house. That's amazing! Stoy, hope you are getting organized, and ready for the big move. Good time to get a last minute oil change, and make sure the autos are in good shape for the drive. How many miles is it from PA to CO? Do you have stops planned along the way or are you just going to wing it?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:40 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Stoy, quick thought here..LaQuinta inns and hotels accept pets for free..we stayed at La Quintas on our trip to my sister's with Halo..very pet friendly..lots of hotels SAY pets accepted but they charge you big time..and they were very nice hotels..not fancy but we didn't care, they took our dog..

Old 01-09-2010, 09:57 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times
Morning girls! Today another holiday, Martyrs Day, though of course I still caught up on some emails then I'm determined to chill all weekend. Internet working YEAH, took some chicken out of the freezer last night and put in fridge to thaw, and will make another crock pot 'something' lol I'm not real picky so one crock pot full of something will last me for days. Had one of the local guys come by yesterday selling small bags of potatos and they're always so much cheaper 'cause he grows them himself, plus rather give my money to one of the locals instead of a grocery store.

Barb thanks for update on Shel and so glad she's on her way to RELAXING. Dang that girl deserves it. And SOMEDAY you'll be through all those boxes - you can send me that duck lol might scare the chickens and keep them out of my flowers

Carol, dang your bills are high there. Bet those buyers are out of cell range - happens here with 'dead spots'. Keeping fingers crossed the call comes soon and no more pipes burst. Can't believe the weather you're having there.

Stoy, you're on your way girl Last day of work, truck arriving. Whoo Hoo Colorado here you come and no more being locked in your room

Lacey sure sounds like your house was built solid to have such low heating bills - hope you and Mr. L. are doing good. At least you all aren't in Canada like that one couple came from where it was 46 degrees below 0 WITHOUT wind child factor. Dang - that's so cold people would freeze to death if they went outside.

Hey Amy - your propane gizmo sounds great and will be interesting to see how much the other runs you a month. Here don't have heat or a/c so electric bill is way low - but not like I live in a huge house or anything. When I get chilly just keep socks on and my DS hoodie he gave me.

Guess Annie out and about with kidlets playing in the snow. Hope you're having a good weekend girlfriend!

Everyone else a big howdy and off to 'chillin'

Old 01-09-2010, 11:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Well no water to the house now! Had to turn it off at the road...another pipe burst outside of the barn, no shut this time it busted before the valve...........gonna just tap it off for now to get the water into the house and then....fix after the freeze leaves in few days.........a royal pita! Waiting around for the cap to get here, sent neighbor to get it. Dang I hope this is the last time!

Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Painter you poor thing-bless you for your stamina and ability.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
painter, sorry to hear that.
Barb, i think you mentioned la quinta before. that's what we plan to do.
Tambre, my car is all set, just want to clean inside. went for a car wash this am, needed it desperately-could not see out those windows. by the time i got done wetting one side of the car, the other side would freeze. i had frozen soap on my car!
DH is working on his truck now. quiet in the house. i am the only one here. off to pack more

Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
BRRRRR it is cold. But want to try to get out for a bit, cabin fever and sick of coming up with meals 3 x's a day. UGH

Sure hope Tex is gonna get some warm weather floating around the sea

Old 01-09-2010, 11:46 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Morning girls! Today another holiday, Martyrs Day, though of course I still caught up on some emails then I'm determined to chill all weekend. Internet working YEAH, took some chicken out of the freezer last night and put in fridge to thaw, and will make another crock pot 'something' lol I'm not real picky so one crock pot full of something will last me for days. Had one of the local guys come by yesterday selling small bags of potatos and they're always so much cheaper 'cause he grows them himself, plus rather give my money to one of the locals instead of a grocery store.

Barb thanks for update on Shel and so glad she's on her way to RELAXING. Dang that girl deserves it. And SOMEDAY you'll be through all those boxes - you can send me that duck lol might scare the chickens and keep them out of my flowers

Carol, dang your bills are high there. Bet those buyers are out of cell range - happens here with 'dead spots'. Keeping fingers crossed the call comes soon and no more pipes burst. Can't believe the weather you're having there.

Stoy, you're on your way girl Last day of work, truck arriving. Whoo Hoo Colorado here you come and no more being locked in your room

Lacey sure sounds like your house was built solid to have such low heating bills - hope you and Mr. L. are doing good. At least you all aren't in Canada like that one couple came from where it was 46 degrees below 0 WITHOUT wind child factor. Dang - that's so cold people would freeze to death if they went outside.

Hey Amy - your propane gizmo sounds great and will be interesting to see how much the other runs you a month. Here don't have heat or a/c so electric bill is way low - but not like I live in a huge house or anything. When I get chilly just keep socks on and my DS hoodie he gave me.

Guess Annie out and about with kidlets playing in the snow. Hope you're having a good weekend girlfriend!

Everyone else a big howdy and off to 'chillin'
Joy, you really love that duck! Here is the picture that Joy is talking about..lol
CRAZY Camp #6: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1 or better... post 2 :)-100_4938.jpg

CRAZY Camp #6: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1 or better... post 2 :)-100_4939.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate