Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 11:55 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times

Advertisements

OMG i think i broke my MIL's washing machine!!! there's a burning smell and it stopped mid cycle. i cant get it to go!!!! not saying anything til DH gets home!

Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
i washing the bathmats and it stopped after filling with water. i kept messing with it just to start, never mind the smell. i call DH, says, "well, i dont know if my mom washes the bathmats in there". well she sure as hell doesnt Fin hand wash them!! and he says, "i dont know what to tell you, im busy here". so i figure i'd give it one more try, if it doesnt work, i'll tell them (they are getting ready to leave for Philadelphia.) but it started!! still smells, but it was on the shortest cycle so hopefully it'll be fine.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:58 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Today is the day for all things broken ...........water back on, pipes still broke but capped off for now. Tonight is suppose to get even colder...snowin' in Tampa now! Went over to the little house to check on it, it is not even close to be fit for freezing temps...all was well there.

Dogmom......Whoooo wants a clean house? Maybe scatter it abit more and call Neicy to do a show???

Old 01-09-2010, 01:12 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Stoy-it's probably unbalanced. Bath mats get very heavy. Lift them out and place them back in and maybe do 1 at a time.

Painter I hope not. Keep your doors open under your sink and let the cold water just drip all night-bathrooms and all.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:21 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Just had the drippin' pipe conversation with the neighbor, lol,.......have to say I never thought I would be worring about this in FL. You think maybe now people will up the standards for insulation in these houses and up date the old ones? Went to the local hardware to pick up the cap and they were busy bringing in more pvc pipe and fittings...good for the economy he says. Last time I was in there for pvc they were all covered in dust. My house got a dose of Northern maintenance yrs ago.

Now when we warm up we will be doing abit of weather upgrades on the neighbors old house...took a good freeze to convince him he needs to do, lol........men!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,185,929 times
who said they had heat bills 700-800?? Was that you tambre?
Lawsy that is a LOT! OUCH
Our highest gas bill last year here was 166, dec-jan
'course only I was home in day and I keep everything turned down pretty much. But it has been bad cold here and with hubby home, and his delicate constitution LOL, (me turnign it down and him switching it warmer)
no telling what it will be!
I cover doors with blankets, and 'draft dodgers' ...fancy name for rolled up towels under the bottom edge. I also blocked the front of upstairs fireplace wit sheet of drywall cut to fit in front of glass doors and 'chinked' around with stuffing. Looks funny, but hey, no more drafts. don;tuse it, as woudl pull more heat out than keep in.
Well too I don't use the dishwasher as general rule and no long showers, so hot water use is minimal.

We could use more insulation in attic areas, but the new window glass last yr really helped too.

Okay shutting up, still sitting here in jammies, goofing around, like I'm going any where!!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 PM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Default Howdy Girllllllllllllllssssssssss

Hey! Hope you are all staying warm....Painter I hear your sufferin with it there. I remember snowflakes in Sarasota a couple of times, so it does get cold there once in a while...but not enough to make me want to move there and suffer the heat again..LOL Its a shame about the citrus, strawberries and vegie farmers, hope they dont lose it all.

Painter I hope your showing? goes good! Your agent sounds like shes really on the ball..thats what you have needed all along! I agree...this is your YEAR to SELL that place and move on!

Heck they just said that our temperature right now is 21 degrees and that is the same temperature as Gainesville FL ...and saying next week for Tues/ Wed/Thurs our temps are to be as high as 40 degrees!!! I will have to get the rake out to get as much of the foot or more of snow on my roof away from my gutters before that stuff starts melting! Its been so crazy...we didnt have any snow at all the day after Christmas..and have had over 20 inches since then.

I went out with my first time buyers today. We started at 10am and saw 9 houses, finished up around 1:30. Aside from my legs/feet being frozen solid from my knees down, it went well! Several of the houses had not had the driveway or even sidewalks cleared, so there was nothing to do but walk through it. I also nailed down the contract for my nephews house this week...WOOOHOOOO first sale of 2010! Hopefully closing around the first-mid of February. Speaking of on the ball agents...the guy that we were dealing with to get this contract through should be tarred and feathered and run out of town! Couldnt get ahold of him, couldnt get a response to counter offers...it was a PITA and I am sure his client doesnt know how hard it was to get ahold of him either...oh well....

My gas bill in November was $46 ...not on budget...I just put in 6 new windows though and I think that has helped allot. Also we just now are getting really cold...below zero wind chills for the next few days, so I expect it will be higher. Last winter my highest bill was $220. My electric doesnt vary much..usually $40-60.

Joy, hope you have your feet up and are doing nothing more than relaxin and pushing that straw to your mouth!

Did Tx go on this cruise by herself? Whos watching Watson for her?

Lace/Stoy/NJ...:::::WAVIN HI::::::

Well time to get back to my pressing fabric. Starting a new quilt and I want to starch the fabric before I start cutting it. Have a good Sunday everyone!

Old 01-09-2010, 10:08 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Hey girls, been gone most of the day and then came home and fell asleep...catching up..

Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 PM

311 posts, read 916,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey girls, been gone most of the day and then came home and fell asleep...catching up..
LOL thats ok Barb, take your time, I think its just you and me up this late

Old 01-09-2010, 10:18 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Hey Jody, good to see you and congrats on your first contract..takes all kinds of folks to run this world, most of which we could probably do without. lol.

Watson is being watched by friends of Tex..she went with her sister and i'm not sure but maybe some of the sister's friends..she was pretty stressed out about leaving Watson for the first time, getting to the airport, flight, etc..but i told her that once she stepped foot on that ship, all her cares would slip away. I hope they did and she is probably sipping after dinner drinks and watching a nice show about now, or looking at the time, probably her first night sleeping at sea. I sleep so well on a ship...so well...

Painter, lol..the table is pretty much cleaned up now...we were stacking stuff we were taking out of boxes..I have soo much to get rid of...#1 son coming out tomorrow to see if he wants anything I have dug out so far..my tastes have changed. My nephew and wife just bought a big house, the one with the huge TV, maybe they need 'stuff'. Please.

Stoy, glad the washer got going again, now get the heck out of there before it busts again, lol. Yes the LaQuinta's were good places and there were a lot of them all over.

Sara did you get out of the house today...if I didn't have so much stuff and needed anything, would love to go to JoAnns or Michaels and just walk around. Wish we had a hobby lobby here but probably just as well, lol.

Well, going to have a glass of milk and head to bed shortly....hugs
xoxox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate