Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 01:49 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

LOL-now that's relaxed - at least you took your clothes off tho.

I'm bored to tears-they say if you venture out it's 8 minutes til frostbite. We were going out for a nice lunch but no way. All I've done is make the bed, make a pot of soup, showered. It's to be this cold all freakin' week.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:29 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hey all, Just sittin' around bored here too...did the grocery thing but that didn't quite thrill me, lol. Now just to do something I will venture back to the grocers with my neighbor, he needs veggies for camp stew. I could of saved him a trip but...so we will probably grab a sandwich while out and I won't have to cook. On my first trip to town I did get a good laugh...there was a guy cutting grass with a parka and mittens on, his scarf that was wrapped around his face was just a flappin in the wind. Now my back yard needs cutting but I will be danged if I will get out there now, I want at least 50 degrees...the grass is still growing and I have green patches again....weird.
Lacey I do not think I could handle your cold anymore! When I grew up in the North it didn't bother me but now I am sitting here just plain cold. We will be getting down to the TEENS!!!! But no rain!!! Even with the cold I will still move further north given the opportunity and the sooner the better. Think though that I may have to put a long breeze way between the house and the barn. I swear I am turning into a woosh.

Well I was trying to out type Joy but I just cant do it....just kiddin' you girl.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Freakin temp is 25 below zero without wind chill and the high today is to be 4 below.
You win the prize. It is 16 degrees here...going down to 12 degrees. It was so cold this early AM that Sir Watson cried when I took him outside. Usually he plays outside and takes his good ole time before peeing. This time he squatted and peed real FAST!! Poor baby! Right now he is laying on my feet keeping them warm!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, coffee and rum tasting in Jamaica is on my list!! and of course hiking to the falls.
Rum cream is the BOMB!!! They made pina coladas using rum cream---OMG!! I have never tasted something so wickedly good! I brought back gift bags of Jamaican coffee--Blue Mountain. Everyone loved it, but I found it to be too strong for my tasting.

Glad you enjoyed your massage---you and DH needed that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well I was gonna say it is so dang cold here at 24 degrees,
Carol...24 degrees is cold for your neck of the woods!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Zip lining in COSTA RICA? Ahem, it is great 'cause I've done it but you girls make it to Costa Rica, you'd better darn well cross the border and see me! I'm in Western Provinces not far from the border sooooooooooo. In fact you can zip line there and here. When pseudo and parents here, God it's been almost 2 years now, I met them in CR and found one where they used gondala thingies because PMIL has back problems. Really was beautiful - BUTTTTTTTTT lol I have a tour company right across the street from my office in Boquete that does zip line tours so - nuf said

Tex, actually no I didn't have a hangover - with me there's drunk and then there's like over the edge drunk. I didn't go over the edge, just stumbling a bit. Now IF I would have had even one more sip, then I probably would have been hugging the porceline goddess lol but did fall asleep real quick and sleep soundly so no headache or anything. Internet down meant of course got way behind. What did you do for New Years?
OK--if I ever make it to CR or PA...we are going zip lining!!

I didn't go out so no hangover for me either. I was at work--coding my pt from 3 am-7am. It was a night from H~LL!

Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
When I grew up in the North it didn't bother me but now I am sitting here just plain cold. We will be getting down to the TEENS!!!! But no rain!!! Even with the cold I will still move further north given the opportunity and the sooner the better. Think though that I may have to put a long breeze way between the house and the barn. I swear I am turning into a woosh.
I can no longer handle this cold weather. I used to be an avid downhill skier. I shudder thinking about it now. I really should go to the grocery store, but don't want to clean the snow and ice off my car. I can drink water and eat oodles of noodles. I also have COOKIES!!!

Oh...we all brought food in on NYE to work. I made a macaroni salad. It was delicious. I got the recipe off of Food Network. It was made with sweetened condensed milk! It also called for sugar, but I omitted that and I am glad I did because it would have been too sweet.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I can no longer handle this cold weather. I used to be an avid downhill skier. I shudder thinking about it now. I really should go to the grocery store, but don't want to clean the snow and ice off my car. I can drink water and eat oodles of noodles. I also have COOKIES!!!

Oh...we all brought food in on NYE to work. I made a macaroni salad. It was delicious. I got the recipe off of Food Network. It was made with sweetened condensed milk! It also called for sugar, but I omitted that and I am glad I did because it would have been too sweet.
Hey Shel..would love that recipe..I am going to give you all my sister's recipe for Grape Salad, it is wonderful..

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix these together and add to:
4 lbs seedless grapes, washed and dried (any kind grapes)

Combine and sprinkle over grape mixture:
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
¾ cup brown sugar

Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving, better overnight

Old 01-02-2010, 03:38 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Barb that sounds summer perfect-thank you.

Tex it is so damn cold-Watson would never survive seconds outside here. Don't blame you for not going out-hope you have something stronger than water.

Painter-I think boredom after the holidays is natural-we do so much and then bam nothing. Keep warm.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
ugh, im bored too. watching tv, drinking wine, eating tortilla chips.

going to play Wii with my niece.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:52 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
I'm bored to..been working around here though..but now I am tired and need to rest for a bit..wine and chips. yep works for me Stoy.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Shel..would love that recipe..I am going to give you all my sister's recipe for Grape Salad, it is wonderful..

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix these together and add to:
4 lbs seedless grapes, washed and dried (any kind grapes)

Combine and sprinkle over grape mixture:
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
¾ cup brown sugar

Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving, better overnight
That does sound like a perfect summer salad! Here is the macaroni salad recipe. I omitted the sugar! It was plenty sweet enough without it. Also much better the next day!!

Mom's Best Macaroni Salad - All Recipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex it is so damn cold-Watson would never survive seconds outside here. Don't blame you for not going out-hope you have something stronger than water .
He sleeps a LOT since he got snipped! He is sleeping now. He looks so adorable, all curled up in the fetal position. I just want to pick him up and cuddle with him!!

Yes...I do have stronger stuff! Remember me telling you about the Apple Jack my redneck BIL gave me? Well, I warmed some up---OMG--warm apple pie in a drink form! (Note to self--remember, there is moonshine in that Apple Jack!)

Old 01-02-2010, 04:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
All this talk about cold is making me colder. I hate the cold. The weather is supposed to be in the teens all week in the am and pm and a bit warmer in between. Going to FL for a few days next Sat so I can see my doctor I am hoping it is warmer. Hate doing this to the dogs boarding them again so soon but I need to see him.
Tex so Watson is all snipped. Now that didn't hurt a bit did it?LOL. Just wanted to drop by and Say Happy New Year. This has to be a great year for you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate