Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2009, 05:03 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post

my baby.

aw STOY!! Our next door neighbor has twin dogs like yours lol !! So precious!! I just want to curl up with him! I need a glass of wine LOL>>>>I have to put the kiddos to bed now!!

Painter- I cannot believe you got stiffed. People have no shame these days and lots of balls and I am not talkiing about the peanut butter or iced balls! LMAO!

I HAD TO WAIT FOREVER in line for cheese at deli! OMG! people ordering 15 items at a time!! so I sit there and wait and wait and wait.........thank God kids didnt get out of hand...but they had a free pass if they lost it lol....since we stood there for over 1/2 hr!!!!!!!!wth!

Quote:
NYr's resolution? To be as kind and nice to people as possible. My Dad always told us "It's nice to be nice and doesn't cost anything."
LACE- My Grandpa always said, "kindness kills"! I made my friend's mom , who has a very sour outlook on life---and sucked one too many lemons....made her smile. I asked her how awesome she looks for her age--and asked her "what her secret" was!! She smiled brightly and sscreamed in my ear *(happily though LOL)...hard work!! then she called me "sweetheart!"....so that's where Grandfather's wise sayings come in telling me kindness kills LOLL!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,276,191 times
Ah Stoy, Riley is adorable..how is she handling the move so far? I know my dogs are veterans of moving but I think they are pretty happy to be where we are..

Im not feeling good tonight, not sure whats wrong, just been tired all day and kind of a wierd feeling. Hopefully I sleep ok tonight and its just something going on tonight..

Will check in later, but wanted to let you know I was hanging out..

Old 12-31-2009, 12:31 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,606 times
lol @ possessed refrigerator. Whose is that again?

Stoy,
Cute. I like boxers.

Painter,
Darn it. I hate that for you.

Barb,
I've gotten rid of so much stuff over the past few years (including around 20 boxes of stuff that was in the attic) and I still feel like I need to get rid of more. It's a real chore though. Time consuming.

A migraine woke me up this morning. (Well, yesterday morning technically.) And I had a headache all day. On top of that, a very unwelcomed visitor is here now. *sigh* Hopefully my headache will be gone in the morning.

Last edited by Niki; 12-31-2009 at 01:35 AM..

Old 12-31-2009, 01:37 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Niki,

We all are here for you, and I think it's great that you have been able to share the situation with us. It's evident that you love your dh unconditionally. I'm not sure if there's anything more that you could do in order to get him back. You have made it clear to him that you want him in your life and your kids life.

As hard as it may be, and counter-intuitive to how you would love to show him you love him unconditionally, you may need to set some boundaries that you will not accept this behavior. Just like tough love with kids, sometimes adults need a reminder that even unconditional love doesn't mean you can disregard the feelings of your spouse and children and go off and find yourself.

Allowing him his freedom at such a cost to you and the kids is not healthy. I can understand your reaction of trying to leave the door unlocked, and meet him with welcoming arms, as a reaction to his sudden and unexplainable abandonment. However, in my opinion, as time goes on, this is not fair to you or the children. When you've had enough, you'll know it. In the meantime, I would find a way to tell the children the truth, when you are ready to draw the line in the sand.

My heart goes out to you and the kids. I'll say a prayer that you find peace in this situation, whichever way it turns out. You deserve better than being treated like this.
WOW--What awesome advice and great take on Niki's situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
More cookie making.............12 more dozen. Ah,.,, no more until next year LOL>> maybe a choc. chip cheesecake soon for the hub...We are both going on diets after New Year!! I fell off the wagon!!! I feel like a pig! LMAO.......Ghiardelli chips rock.

Shel- Joy--- how are you girls???getting ready for NYE??? Well, shell I know you said you have to work though.

OK_____________WHAT IS EVERYONE'S NEW YEAR RESOLUTION?

I make em the first day, then it's a bust LMAO!
More cookies?!?!? I need to go on a diet too. I am embarrassed to put on my swim suit next week-end. I am going to buy a cover up for it.

I am working NYE. I don't mind though--I never go out on that night because there are too many crazies out and about, not to mention sobriety check points.

My New Year's resolution is the same as always--LOSE WEIGHT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex - no clue lol other than Watson precious are you still rotating through the ward of death? Oh and you're leaving on your cruise on the 15th right? Yee Haw!
Thanks!! He is precious---gosh I am going to miss him! I will miss his puppy kisses, his back flops so I can rub his belly, his snuggles. I leave for FL on the 8th...cruise departs on the 9th...coming home on the 17th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NYr's resolution? To be as kind and nice to people as possible. My Dad always told us "It's nice to be nice and doesn't cost anything."
That's a nice one!
Quote:

my baby.
How adorable!! Nothing better than unconditional love from your pets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Another no show here...I am beyond mad, this is twice for the same person and I know damn well it is the agents fault. Both my agent and myself have been trying to get ahold of him all day and he will not answer his phone............question is now with all the back up and from the past closing experience with this guy do I file a complaint? Oh he put it in writing that he didnt want to show but wanted his commission if they wrote an offer...........
I would file a complaint....what a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Im not feeling good tonight, not sure whats wrong, just been tired all day and kind of a wierd feeling. Hopefully I sleep ok tonight and its just something going on tonight. ..
Hope you feel better after a good night's sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
lol @ possessed refrigerator. Whose is that again?

A migraine woke me up this morning. (Well, yesterday morning technically.) And I had a headache all day. On top of that, a very unwelcomed visitor is here now. *sigh* Hopefully my headache will be gone in the morning.
I think it was Lacey with the possessed refrigerator!!

Hope your headache is better by morning. It is no doubt a stress headache from all the stress you've been under. Prayers Niki.

Old 12-31-2009, 03:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Happy New Year's Eve friends.

Yep I'm the refrig person.

NJS was that at GB??? That's a nightmare during holidays-as bad as summer.

Nice doesn't hurt and you done good NJ.

Nike-stress will do that and you've had a boat load.

Tex-you're right, NYrs Eve is amature night. Home for us.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:51 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
Early morning out there! I am just waiting for the sun to rise abit before wondering into the barn, hate goin in the dark, never know what is crawling around out there!
Glad to see everyone staying home tonight, there is just to many rookies out drinking for me to be on the roads. Guess us veterans got abit wiser with age.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times
Painter so sorry about the no-shows and yes I would do something about that realtor.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:44 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter so sorry about the no-shows and yes I would do something about that realtor.
coldc#ck him one!
Happy New Year's Eve, everyone. thanks for compliments on my pup. been distracting myself so i dont think about the mess mortgage. she doesnt like it here either, she gets bored easily, stares out the window. there's no fence so we cant let her out on her own like we used to. and at 10 degrees too cold to walk. snowing today so we will play in the snow. ok, enough about her.
no resolutions here. i started maybe 12 or 11 yrs ago, a life list of things to do adventure wise. some things were whale watching, grand canyon, Utah. wish i kept those lists. it brought my adventure side out and that's when i started traveling a lot. so i don't really make them anymore. so, long story short no resolutions!!

Old 12-31-2009, 07:30 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,145 times
Quote:
coldc#ck him one!
Happy New Year's Eve, everyone. thanks for compliments on my pup. been distracting myself so i dont think about the mess mortgage. she doesnt like it here either, she gets bored easily, stares out the window. there's no fence so we cant let her out on her own like we used to. and at 10 degrees too cold to walk. snowing today so we will play in the snow. ok, enough about her.
no resolutions here. i started maybe 12 or 11 yrs ago, a life list of things to do adventure wise. some things were whale watching, grand canyon, Utah. wish i kept those lists. it brought my adventure side out and that's when i started traveling a lot. so i don't really make them anymore. so, long story short no resolutions!!
I hear you!!the 4 letter word for me is D-I-E-T!!!! that is my resolution.
Quote:
Happy New Year's Eve friends.

Yep I'm the refrig person.

NJS was that at GB??? That's a nightmare during holidays-as bad as summer.

Nice doesn't hurt and you done good NJ.

Nike-stress will do that and you've had a boat load.

Tex-you're right, NYrs Eve is amature night. Home for
Snowed and sleeted here. Started snowing around 630a! My daughter pointed it out the window lol..No Lace, we went to BJ's LOL>>not a real deli. I didn't dare go to GB!It would have been "frightful" with the twins LOL.

We are getting grilled/broiled scallops and grilled shrimp for tonite. My poor hub is still working after 26 hrs. straight!! He sent me a pic of the airport on the field with one of his planes...All snowcovered tarmac. It stopped here though. A nice dusting....Supp. to be all rain later. Cold though for week. I wouldnt want to be at Times Sq. tonite!!Every channel is talking about it on our NY stations! Better talk to my hub the whole way home when he leaves later!!with his commute I will have to! Poor guy!

Better everyone to stay home. Too many amateurs!! Happy New Year to all!!
What's for dinner tonite everyone/????
Shel-are you off on NYDay?? Is it snowing there??

Joy- it's probably sunny there lol ...and you are probably looking at the ocean lol... How is little miss shredder???

Stoy- snowing there too!! yay! I love your pooch.

Ok, off to PO....
Painter- realtors and us don't mix LOL>>> ugh. You poor thing.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:44 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,445,732 times
This dang weather is frightful for every one it seems. Today we are like 50 but it rained all night and the fog is just clearing out but still misting. There are no words to discribe just how dang sick I am of the rain.

No menu planned here, if it is just me then probably cereal, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate