Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

So should be working, but thought I'd post a quick funny before back to the grind.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:07 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Cute Joy.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:27 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Lacey, Was thinking about you and the long winter months, dont know why just was......What do you do to occupy your time? My mom and I use to start a Rummey game with the first snow and the last game was the first day of Spring. Loser had to either pay for dinner at resturant of choice or fix dinner of choice. By the way I never won! Mom cheated, lol, no she didn't she was just very good at cards. Along with cards, she quilted, we did puzzles and of course I snuck out the window and took off on the "machines". Hated staying home!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Hey Painter-we do get out everyday-blizzard less ones-putz around stores, have lunch, library. Lots of games on the old 'puter, read. It's a long winter here and it wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so grey.

My sis just told me she's been on Vit D, 2000, and she is not only painfree but feels energized. If she forgets to take it-her body tells her. So I will be getting some for sure.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:54 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Morning everyone,

Okay, so we are having an invasion of ladybugs here in my bedroom! Sucked up about 80 of them yesterday (with the vacuum, lol) and took them outside. Guess it's going to be a bad winter. Some ladybug facts...they emit pheromones that leave a scent trail for others to follow, and they are very hard to eradicate, once established. Also, they bleed yellow blood, which other bugs find distasteful, from their joints when threatened. Ok, Ladybug 101 over.

My kids still haven't moved all of their stuff out, due to the rain last weekend. My job ends this Friday, and Bob has given Nov. 4th as his last day. We haven't started packing yet, but have most things in the attic and basement in boxes already. We still haven't heard how the appraisal turned out...it's been a week now. We know they started a title search, so maybe that's based on a good appraisal (hope, hope).

My poor dog Rufus is on pain killers for arthritis, but he's still not weight- bearing on his right hind leg. Any suggestions from you dog lovers out there? I think getting into and out of the SUV is what may be causing this. Cute dog, Joy!

Have a great one everybody.
Wow...someone at work was saying about ladybugs and invasions here in Pittsburgh. So...ladybugs mean a bad winter??

I know going up steps and jumping onto high things, ie: bed, sofa, car...can wreak havoc on joints of animals. Poor Rufus.

Sounds like the appraisal was good if they are now doing a title search!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Tex- you must be sleeping by now! Supp. to be 70 here today! like yesterday.Fri..50's and Sat...........RAIN!! again!! Maybe well go to PA to pick pumpkins..Maybe weather will be better. Sun. cool again 50's! No wonder everyone is hacking! LOL>

AMY-OMG!! I have never heard of ladybug invasions! Dayum! We had a cricket invasion this summer. My kids were throwing a book on them when they saw one LMAO. Size of mini frogs. Gross. Can you all see me throwing books on these damn things? I hope you get rid of them soon! Is there a spray for them?
I slept my obligatory 3 hrs that my puppy allows me to! Then him and I went to a NEW park that I heard about...it has a man made lake with ducks/geese. Watson was barking and chasing them back into the water!!! It was 70 here today--just a beautiful Fall day.

Anne...NEVER kill a cricket inside the house---very bad luck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning all if the weather here is any indication we are in for a nightmare winter. Snow and rain again today.

NJS-as you eat the chicken salad think of me okay.

Mr. L's doing fine-must be cause he asked what we were doing today and I said "in this crap-nothing."

Looks like DogMom got wore out at the game.
I have a feeling we are in for a bad winter everywhere. Glad to hear Mr.L is feeling a bit better today.

Barb is probably sad--her Angels lost to the Yankees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Lacey, Was thinking about you and the long winter months, dont know why just was......What do you do to occupy your time? My mom and I use to start a Rummey game with the first snow and the last game was the first day of Spring. Loser had to either pay for dinner at resturant of choice or fix dinner of choice. By the way I never won! Mom cheated, lol, no she didn't she was just very good at cards. Along with cards, she quilted, we did puzzles and of course I snuck out the window and took off on the "machines". Hated staying home!
What a cool tradition with you and your mom! I remember when it got really cold....we would make homemade ice cream...taking turns turning the crank while my grandfather put the ice around the wooden ice cream maker and threw salt over the ice. Then other times we would make taffy --pulling it was so much fun!! I have wonderful memories of my grandparents.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Joy, those sheers look blue to me!! Doggie is cute!!

Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
THANKS PAINTER!! Hopefully I will not hear back from doc lol...and that all bloodwork is A-ok!! I have heard that too..........I remember getting my wisdom teeth out and asked the oral surgeon when he was going to start!? LOL..He said we are done! Ah. Scary what drugs do to you!!

Hon let me tell ya when you have that colonoscopy 'drugs will be your friends' TRUST ME ON THIS You know I still have all of my wisdom teeth? I never realized that was rather unusual until went to my dental clinic in Panama City and the Xray lady did her thing then all of a sudden in Spanish, she's running to the door - calling EVERYONE in, doctors, nurses to look at my Xrays and I'm thinking WTH? Something must be really wrong - found out they'd never seen anyone who still had all of them. Now this is the best dental clinic in the country, you could eat off the floors and all the rich, influential people go there so not like it was some backwoods place. I don't know if I felt more 'special' or a freak of nature. Bet they still talk about the gringa who has all of her wisdom teeth lol shame didn't make me wiser over the years.

JOY- Bella is cute!and the kitty too!! Aww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah she is a cute dog whatever the heck she is LOL considering the freak put up blue sheers with earthtone everything else. Ugh. And yeah, Sabbath looked fat and sassy. Funny thing about her is that she does go outside and actually protects the birds from the cats who try to eat them - psuedo wrote me a while back that she came back in scratched up after he had seen her chasing another cat away from the feeder. Well she's one tough broad, so I'm willing to bet the other cat was one hurting unit lol

Oh a friend of mine saw Sideway Sally in the grocery store the other day....and my friend' child is in Kindergarten now so he takes a diff. bus *lucky him LOL* and my friend said she never mentioned your kids.. I said I do not talk to her unless need be LOL.. and she knows..I told her I gave her the name...Sideway Sally and she laughed !

Lucky him is right! and that's a good thing she doesn't mention your kids. As much of a whack job she is I'd be freaked out if she did I'm tellin' ya, just one little bump and under those tires she goes lol

Barb- how are you? How was the game???? Shsssss (typing quietly) they lost.

Tex- you must be sleeping by now! Supp. to be 70 here today! like yesterday.Fri..50's and Sat...........RAIN!! again!! Maybe well go to PA to pick pumpkins..Maybe weather will be better. Sun. cool again 50's! No wonder everyone is hacking! LOL>

Exactly June lol why I was always sick in CO - one day would be 75, next would snow. Then there's summer where hotter than hades outside and a/c inside. Think that's why I hardly ever get sick here.

Stoy- Biggest loser was good. 2 hr. show. They all went home for a week and then came back. One guy lost 15 lbs. in a week! ...One gained a lb..... good show.!

Not saying anything lol just don't do the reality show thing plus I listen to the Biggest Loser on the radio lol.

AMY-OMG!! I have never heard of ladybug invasions! Dayum! We had a cricket invasion this summer. My kids were throwing a book on them when they saw one LMAO. Size of mini frogs. Gross. Can you all see me throwing books on these damn things? I hope you get rid of them soon! Is there a spray for them?
You should see the size some of them get here. I think 'somewhere' I have a picture of one. Swear it was the size of a cow I had never, in all my years living in the country, seen one that huge.

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...rn-jersey.html

AMY- I JUST found this on my NJ thread..Very recently! about LadyBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone said something about a hard winter coming! Essex county,hunterdon? You are kind of bordering on NJ line---You are in Orange county right?
OMG - well animals/insects sense things but dam meaning hard winter coming

Quote:
Morning all if the weather here is any indication we are in for a nightmare winter. Snow and rain again today.

Mr. L's doing fine-must be cause he asked what we were doing today and I said "in this crap-nothing."
Sorry so gross there - now i know that at least one thing psuedo told me was the truth: Nothing like a MN Winter. Glad Mr. L feeling good enough to 'want' to do something, though can't blame you for not wanting to get out. Brrrrrr. Time to stoke that fire girl.

Quote:
Okay just did a search and it is Cod Liver oil, good for coats, skin and joints. Pet med carries a natural that you can order on line. You know my mom use to swear by this too, she had arth. real bad and took the pills daily. My friend takes a tablespoon a day and also gives it to the critters, all 10 of them.........give it a try..
Really? Never heard of this - the things we learn at the camp. No wonder we're over 6000 peeps

Quote:
LOL you Carol sneeking out of the house? No - I'm shocked lol Sounds like fun with mom - we used to play a lot of scrabble and some marble game that for the life of me escapes me now. All before a roaring fire. I was a big reader too so lots of times would just go read a book.

Quote:

My sis just told me she's been on Vit D, 2000, and she is not only painfree but feels energized. If she forgets to take it-her body tells her. So I will be getting some for sure.
Now this is another I hadn't heard of. Is that literally the brand name or 2000mg of Vit D? I don't have arthritis but get achy and the 'energy' part I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Wow...someone at work was saying about ladybugs and invasions here in Pittsburgh. So...ladybugs mean a bad winter??

Oh God Shel - you too?????

I slept my obligatory 3 hrs that my puppy allows me to! Then him and I went to a NEW park that I heard about...it has a man made lake with ducks/geese. Watson was barking and chasing them back into the water!!! It was 70 here today--just a beautiful Fall day.

Oh how fun! Sounds like you all had a great time and enjoy that 70 degree weather - especially if it's true about the whole ladybug thing. Wish he'd let you sleep a bit more though. 3 hours isn't a whole heck of a lot.

Anne...NEVER kill a cricket inside the house---very bad luck!!!

Well thank God the only one I ever had come into the house I was able to shoo out the front door with a broom - dang thing was so big hardly made it through the doorway lol Whew - glad i didn't kill it though really try not to kill insects but some, well - just don't want in my space. Outdoors is where they belong; not in my dang house.

I have a feeling we are in for a bad winter everywhere. Glad to hear Mr.L is feeling a bit better today.

Barb is probably sad--her Angels lost to the Yankees. Yeah, I heard this morning - God I hate the Yankees. Poor Barb and Carl probably had to be sedated. Think they have one more game if I heard psuedo correctly - yes I did listen this morning. Broncos are doing awesome so was glad to hear that.

What a cool tradition with you and your mom! I remember when it got really cold....we would make homemade ice cream...taking turns turning the crank while my grandfather put the ice around the wooden ice cream maker and threw salt over the ice. Then other times we would make taffy --pulling it was so much fun!! I have wonderful memories of my grandparents.
Oooh, we used to have an old fashioned ice cream maker! Though never did it in the winter. Never made taffy though; would have been cool and I love Taffy. Isn't it wonderful the memories we have - well the good ones like these. The others I just block out, ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Joy, those sheers look blue to me!! Doggie is cute!!
Yes they do - what a dang freak! Wish I still had photos of the rest of the room (might somewhere but don't think so) - only thing in the entire area that was not earthtone color on some level. The room looked so beautiful. Oh well, again not my furniture anymore so . . . freak.

Well my cerveza finally got cold enough to have one. My assistant was running errands so had her pick me up a six pack and not being a drinker herself, doesn't know to 'check' to get the coldest one. Must have taken one out of the cooler that had just been restocked 'cause way to warm to drink. Thank God for my trusty little freezer - threw a couple up there and now that I'm finished, one ice cold. YUMMY!

Well girls I'll check back later - gonna savor my cerveza and finish watching criminal minds. But I'll be back! (and yes that's a threat lol)

Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Hi girls, I am here...in mourning lol..no we had fun with the kids..it was a nasty game, nasty Yankee fans all around us..for this we we paid all this $$ I kept thinking to myself..but enjoyed the kids..and had a beer..thats all we could afford $8 for a fricken beer. glad we stopped at McD on the way down or we would have been starving..

Got home about 11:30..went to bed, got up this morning in killer pain, went back to bed about 11 and now just lazing around..we have dr. appt's tomorrow morning at our doctor in our old town, so will check in early, and then be gone most of the day. We will be discussing my meds.

Ok I am here and ok, need to figure out something simple for din din..

Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Quote:
Morning out there, Had the showing today if you can call it that. Went out the front door to sweep and they were backing out, they stopped and said Oh sorry - saw the house - it's to big......didn't even come in this time but found out that they looked at it last yr and just forgot. They want 1500 sq ft and well that is half of my house. Another wasted day...same oh ***** different day.

They've looked twice, maybe the third times the charm!

OKAy Gals How did you decide on the names for your pets? I know Tex's was after her friends hubby the singer and all but what about the rest of you?
We just went with some aspect of their personalities, and how they looked and tried to think of names that would fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Guys, quick question. how soon do you get the mortgage pre-qual letter before looking at homes and do they have a time limit/do they expire? oh and do they cost 50$? thanks, will catch up soon, DH is really mad about trying to get this mortgage thing going.
This is such a dilemma...hope you can figure something out.

Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...rn-jersey.html

AMY- I JUST found this on my NJ thread..Very recently! about LadyBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone said something about a hard winter coming! Essex county,hunterdon? You are kind of bordering on NJ line---You are in Orange county right?
That's so interesting, Anne, they seem to be all invading all over the tri-state area. Yes, we are in Orange County. Do you have them by you?

Quote:
Okay just did a search and it is Cod Liver oil, good for coats, skin and joints. Pet med carries a natural that you can order on line. You know my mom use to swear by this too, she had arth. real bad and took the pills daily. My friend takes a tablespoon a day and also gives it to the critters, all 10 of them.........give it a try..
Carol, this is a great tip. What kind of dosage is recommended? I'll look on Pet Med and see what they carry. Thanks so much.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi girls, I am here...in mourning lol..no we had fun with the kids..it was a nasty game, nasty Yankee fans all around us..for this we we paid all this $$ I kept thinking to myself..but enjoyed the kids..and had a beer..thats all we could afford $8 for a fricken beer. glad we stopped at McD on the way down or we would have been starving..

Got home about 11:30..went to bed, got up this morning in killer pain, went back to bed about 11 and now just lazing around..we have dr. appt's tomorrow morning at our doctor in our old town, so will check in early, and then be gone most of the day. We will be discussing my meds.

Ok I am here and ok, need to figure out something simple for din din..
I was thinking about you this morning when I heard about the game - I would have pushed those dang yankee fans down the stairs - hate the yankees! Least you got to see the kids and am soooo glad you're seeing your doc tomorrow. Prayers said that he finds the right concoction to make you feel better. Big hugs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate