Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

I bought a jar of Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread.....which I am not crazy about. I don't want to throw it away......so was thinking perhaps it would be good in cookies. I checked on line and found several recipes that seemed to have Nutella in mind--sweeter and more chocolate syrup consistency. But this one looked like it might work Peanut Butter and Chocolate-Hazelnut Swirl Cookies - JSOnline Or maybe I should just give it a go with an old fashion P-nut butter cookie recipe...the kind with the hatch marks from the tongs of a fork pressed on the dough. ......any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 09:02 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,824,033 times
You can try the nutella brownies recipe. Justin's and Nutella should be interchangeable for texture. (Not in taste obviously)

Easiest 3 Ingredient Nutella Brownies | Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog

If it's not as sweet as nutella, add about 1/4 cup of sugar and taste the batter. If you want more chocolate flavor, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. It's a versatile recipe. You can also swirl in peanut butter in the batter once it's in the pan just before baking. You can also add nuts.

Hope it works out for ya!

Old 02-20-2014, 10:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
i added some chopped almonds i had to my nutella and it definitely improved it for use in sandwiches. when the almonds run out, im gonna try to use peanuts instead since they are cheaper (and i like peanuts as much as i do almonds).

Old 02-20-2014, 01:54 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,437,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I bought a jar of Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread.....which I am not crazy about. I don't want to throw it away......so was thinking perhaps it would be good in cookies. I checked on line and found several recipes that seemed to have Nutella in mind--sweeter and more chocolate syrup consistency. But this one looked like it might work Peanut Butter and Chocolate-Hazelnut Swirl Cookies - JSOnline Or maybe I should just give it a go with an old fashion P-nut butter cookie recipe...the kind with the hatch marks from the tongs of a fork pressed on the dough. ......any suggestions?
Did you look at the recipes on Justin's web site?

Old 02-20-2014, 04:26 PM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Did you look at the recipes on Justin's web site?

Now that is a good idea..... thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes