Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times

Advertisements

If your back is that bad I don't think being a police officer is going to pan out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Wait...did you just refer to me as snookie?

I live in colorado and I am nothing like snookie.
wow, i quoted before i responded and she still didn't get it.

Txtqueen, let me know when you become a cop, i'll move to colorado and go 100 mph everywhere, then when you pull me over i'll spew off the law and exploit the grey areas and never get a ticket from you.

yaye!

Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM

968 posts, read 2,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
If your back is that bad I don't think being a police officer is going to pan out.
i think she has a lot more issues than just her back...like a morality test for instance. or hell, a basic law exam?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:26 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times
Move.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:34 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
By the way, I just have to say something else about the issue with you being in the car with your brother while he's learning to drive on his permit.

When he got his permit, someone, I'm assuming his mother, signed the papers regarding her being the one to be with him in the car. In Colorado, anyone who wants to be in that role must sign. It's not about a warm body - it's not just being being 21. It's who signed. If he gets pulled over again and the officer is not a buddy of yours, you could be in major trouble.

There are reasons for the laws regarding learner's permits and I personally don't feel they should be taken lightly. It's about teaching someone to drive. Not just sitting in the car while they log their hours. It's about liability. The rule about others in the car as well, is there for a reason. So that person can learn to drive without distraction.

There is a reason that they cannot have anyone in the car with them for 6 months after they get their license - distractions. It isn't to be taken lightly. A car is a very big, heavy weapon. Can do a lot of damage.

And it takes a lot of learning, practicing, etc. Even when they get that license in their hand, they are still very green and need a lot of guidance. I know. I have a 16 year old. Been there, going through that.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,455,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
By the way, I just have to say something else about the issue with you being in the car with your brother while he's learning to drive on his permit.

When he got his permit, someone, I'm assuming his mother, signed the papers regarding her being the one to be with him in the car. In Colorado, anyone who wants to be in that role must sign. It's not about a warm body - it's not just being being 21. It's who signed. If he gets pulled over again and the officer is not a buddy of yours, you could be in major trouble.

There are reasons for the laws regarding learner's permits and I personally don't feel they should be taken lightly. It's about teaching someone to drive. Not just sitting in the car while they log their hours. It's about liability. The rule about others in the car as well, is there for a reason. So that person can learn to drive without distraction.

There is a reason that they cannot have anyone in the car with them for 6 months after they get their license - distractions. It isn't to be taken lightly. A car is a very big, heavy weapon. Can do a lot of damage.

And it takes a lot of learning, practicing, etc. Even when they get that license in their hand, they are still very green and need a lot of guidance. I know. I have a 16 year old. Been there, going through that.
Agree...txtqueen, perhaps you didn't live in Colorado in 2004. Ask your police officer friends about it. Many many teens died that year in accidents due to driver inexperience and irresponsibility. Several of those were in your area.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:14 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I am not taking my mom's medication. I have my own I have been into the ER twice in the past 6 weeks.
The cost of two visits to the ER could pay for at least 4 physical therapy sessions, maybe more. I have been cured from pain after just 3 physical therpay sessions.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:40 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Ok so I can't quote you guys from my phone it doesn't work so ill try to get this all in at once and be clear.

I used to take my moms stuff via her permission. I have been to the er twice in 6 weeks and have been given my own stuff. They gave me enough to last a month or so. Idk why.

And I want to be a cop because I love the job. I've done ride alongs and feel in love with it. I love going out there everynight and helping people and protecting people from themselves and others. I love being there to assist people in need and be there to help when things happen. I like for peoole to know there is a great force out there that will always protect and serve for them and keep them safe. I want to be part of that great force.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:43 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,885 times
Ohh and if you do 100 my town...ill have fun arresting you for going that fast. There's no grey area with speeding.reread my explanation if traffic and criminal offenses. I was taught that at the police station.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:45 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Your mother isn't authorized to give you permission to use her prescription medication. Using prescription narcotics that was not prescribed to you is a felony. Giving someone else prescription medication without being a licensed medical practitioner is also a felony. So both you and your mother have broken federal drug laws.

As a result, you will never be qualified to be a police officer. Find a new dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships