Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Here is an article that someone should have posted:

Getting Women Drunk To Get Into Their Pants | Dating Tips For Men and Women
Wow, talk about your Straw Man. The very notion that men "get women drunk" and "take advantage of them" is, well, dumb. Causing women to be fearful of men just because there's a 1 in a million chance of it happening is pretty telling about the mindset of the people that push such fear mongering. Same with "slipping a mickey"--the research just doesn't bear it out that it happens in anything more than the rarest of occurrences. Same with rape on college campuses. The 1 in 5 stat is simply a hoax via statistics manipulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 09:26 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Here is an article that someone should have posted:

Getting Women Drunk To Get Into Their Pants | Dating Tips For Men and Women
Wow, talk about your Straw Man. The very notion that men "get women drunk" and "take advantage of them" is, well, dumb. Causing women to be fearful of men just because there's a 1 in a million chance of it happening is pretty telling about the mindset of the people that push such fear mongering. Same with "slipping a mickey"--the research just doesn't bear it out that it happens in anything more than the rarest of occurrences. Same with rape on college campuses. The 1 in 5 stat is simply a hoax via statistics manipulation.

Oh, and the author doesn't have anything to sell on that website does he? Oh, wait, yes he does. Imagine that! /sarcasm

Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM

143 posts, read 112,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Wow, talk about your Straw Man. The very notion that men "get women drunk" and "take advantage of them" is, well, dumb.
Not to mention insulting to women to suggest they are incapable of being responsible for controlling their drink and their subsequent actions.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:04 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
BUT! If I was drunk, and said repeatedly " I AM DRUNK" the whole night, and then the first time we do the deed is the night I say "I AM DRUNK".... do you think the guy is a bit of a disrespectful ahole taking advantage???

I know I am not innocent, because I let myself get drunk, but I also told him, before hand... "hey I am little, I am on a cleanse and don't really drink. so don't let me drink too much".......

Would you drop a guy who did this like a hot potatoe???

Shouldn't the first time together be SOBER and something you can BOTH remember???

yes, give me the hard honest answers...... It is my fault for getting tipsy, but if you really cared about a girl, wouldn't you wait untuil you were both sober for the "first" time together???

I feel perterbed now, like come pick up all of your clothes and don't come back....

I am as much ti blame YES, but if you respected a girl, you should wait until she is sober shouldn't you??

Am I making a big deal out of nothing???
I'll tell you what I would do and did. This is straight out of that embarrassing date thread. I'll paste it after I copied it for you again in case you missed it?>>>>>>>> I would say #2 is when I took a really pretty nurse out. She had the strange idea to get trashed while we were eating. She was drunk as a skunk and on the way taking her home I had to stop the truck numerous times for her to heave. All she did the whole time home is giggle like a little girl. I felt like her dad more then her date for crying out loud!LOL....... I fireman carried her in the house and put her in bed. She said "nighty night" and licked my cheek followed by some more little girl giggles!LMAO...... I left a bowl by her bed to puke in and went home. What a night out I had. At least she picked a good guy and not a creep who would have done something he shouldn't have!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:08 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,168,598 times
I don't drink and never saw why people do. I have no moral issues with it however and don't condemn people who do. I just see no point, I tried it a few times in college and the alcohol just made me feel tired and sloppy.

But anyway, I hate when people do stupid and hurtful things to others and blame it on the alcohol. Whether it's being an aggressive jerk, getting in an accident, cheating, etc. Alcohol is a convenient excuse people use, but really all it does is show people's true colors.

There was an interesting psychology experiment at a highschool where teenagers had a keg of beer provided at a house party and a video camera was installed to observe their behavior. Once they started drinking, they started doing crazy things...making out with multiple people, screaming, just acting like idiots. The keg was actually filled with non-alcoholic beer

Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
BUT! If I was drunk, and said repeatedly " I AM DRUNK" the whole night, and then the first time we do the deed is the night I say "I AM DRUNK".... do you think the guy is a bit of a disrespectful ahole taking advantage???

I know I am not innocent, because I let myself get drunk, but I also told him, before hand... "hey I am little, I am on a cleanse and don't really drink. so don't let me drink too much".......

Would you drop a guy who did this like a hot potatoe???

Shouldn't the first time together be SOBER and something you can BOTH remember???

yes, give me the hard honest answers...... It is my fault for getting tipsy, but if you really cared about a girl, wouldn't you wait untuil you were both sober for the "first" time together???

I feel perterbed now, like come pick up all of your clothes and don't come back....

I am as much ti blame YES, but if you respected a girl, you should wait until she is sober shouldn't you??

Oh my goodness...yeah he was at wrong, but so were you. Plus it's hard to remember what the heck happened. Girl don't do this. I understand taking off a ittle of a edge(calming the nerves)...but full blown drunk. It's just dumb. Don't do it again!

Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Let the wapping ensue (assume hug already given):

Pull yourself up by your strappy sandles and get a grip.

1. Do not put your emotions into someone you hardly know.
2. Take responsibility for your own actions.
3. Know yourself. You can't be the runaway bride and testing him. Figure your junk out.
4. Don't test people. Give yourself enough time to just observe.
5. Don't have casual sex - your not emotionally equipped to handle it (nothing wrong with that).
6. Realize WHEN a situation is casual.
7. Figure out when your enamoured with the potential of situation, and when it is with an actual person.
8. For gosh sakes, take some control of your life.

/gives another hug

Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Another thing, misswee: Now that you know how drinking affects you, don't do that again unless you want the same outcome. You're not pleased about what happened, right? The next time there's a party and he's there and alcohol is there and your friends are saying, "You guys are so cute together," just don't drink.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:03 AM

44,359 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Same guy....... I just am mad at myself, because I hope he still respects me now....

Now the mystery is gone, and I feel vulnerable???

I don't like feeling vulnerable....
You have no reason to feel vulnerable. If you really care for this guy, then talk to him about this and tell him how you feel. If he is kind and reassuring, he may be a keeper. If he belittles you, it's goodbye, Charlie.

Old 07-14-2010, 10:12 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
Yes.

You have no reason to feel vulnerable. If you really care for this guy, then talk to him about this and tell him how you feel. If he is kind and reassuring, he may be a keeper. If he belittles you, it's goodbye, Charlie.

We talked about..... we both don't regret it now..... we both would have ended up waiting for too long and ended up in the friend zone.

After everything we have talked about now, he just may be a keeper.

I think it was my fault way more than his... kinda glad now with my stupid 7 years of celebacy, I could have ended up as a nun if I didn't break my shyness problem.

So I guess I won't go out buying any fertile cats just yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships