Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:05 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,035,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
You seem confused. People are anonymous on line and can be quite candid. Do you really think that men would discuss any of these face to face?

No, these are things that they learn about. Once men learn about shaming language, they are no longer manipulated by it. They realize that it is a sign that a woman has lost an arguement and must resort to such below the belt tactics.

Inexperienced men try a logical approach but at the same time think that they must kiss a$$ to ingratiate themselves with women. For too long, these tactics have worked to stifle legitimate debate.

What these poor suckers don't realize is that just the fact that he must attempt to discuss things rationally and logically means that he is not someone of interest to a woman. Players, alpha types, wealthy men and other desirable men don't face these problems since women want to ingratiate themselves with them.
I have never heard of such a thing. Methinks you have created a little monsoon all of your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 06:11 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,859,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have never heard of such a thing. Methinks you have created a little monsoon all of your own.
Google "feminist shaming language".

About 4,330,000 results (0.25 seconds)

The only men who don't care about this are those who regularly get laid by telling women what they want to hear - whether they mean it or not!

Somehow, as a society, we've come to believe that our friends are those who agree with us unconditionally and our enemies are those who disagree with us, no matter how valid and logical are the points they are trying to make. Sure sign of a society in decline.

Republicans and feminists certainly have this in common.

Without forcing you onto those "men's" sites - Yahoo.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0123023AAvOHHg

Last edited by NotARedneck; 07-22-2010 at 06:27 PM..

Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

I just did it. One of the sites that came up was dump your wife now . com

You guys crack me up.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:

The only men who don't care about this are those who regularly get laid by telling women what they want to hear - whether they mean it or not!

Somehow, as a society, we've come to believe that our friends are those who agree with us unconditionally and our enemies are those who disagree with us, no matter how valid and logical are the points they are trying to make. Sure sign of a society in decline.

Oh boo hoo, "She said mean things to me".

Grow a pair.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Oh boo hoo, "She said mean things to me".

Grow a pair.
Ime, the men who don't care about it are too busy to care about it. At least the guys I know.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,745,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ime, the men who don't care about it are too busy to care about it. At least the guys I know.
Exactly. They aren't whining to their Momma's because they are involved with real women, working hard in their career or their hobby, well rounded and confident in their role as a man.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 PM

Default Probably the Same Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Exactly. They aren't whining to their Momma's because they are involved with real women, working hard in their career or their hobby, well rounded and confident in their role as a man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My ex was basically a controlling selfish jerk that felt that the world should revolve around him. He never made a move to do better, job-wise, until we split up and he had no more meal-ticket to rely on. He has even told me...he never would have made it where he was today, if I had stayed with him and not given him the push he needed. Of course, he's since fallen on hard times with this economy, and though I feel bad for him, he's still the same self-centered control freak that he always was. I was better off the very day I moved into my own home. We simply were not meant to be.
Stuff like this keeps me coming back. Some like watching car wrecks instead....

Old 07-22-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I just did it. One of the sites that came up was dump your wife now . com
Good advice used to be so expensive. Now it's free!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Without forcing you onto those "men's" sites - Yahoo.

What exactly is "shaming" language? - Yahoo! Answers
Wow. That's the biggest load of crap I've read in a while. My personal opinion here, but I think the only ones that care about this are the ones that have serious self-esteem issues and have become intimidated by women to a point that they can no longer function in a relationship. Thank goodness, I know no men like this!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Probably the same guy?
Nah. You've missed my point entirely. My ex is basically good guy. His personality though, is in total conflict with mine, and those conflicts brought out the absolutely worst in him. THAT was my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships