Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScoutII View Post
You're right, the less a wife nags, the more inclined a man is to do various things for her.

I wish more women would consider just how disrespectful, demeaning, and emasculating it is to be treated like a child, because, that is exactly what a woman is doing when she nags her husband. Treating him like a child who needs to be trained will just **** a guy off if he has any backbone at all and I guarantee that most of us eventually learn that caving in to nagging even one time validates it as a successful behavior modification device and as such, more will ensue.
Sometimes, men act like children, therefore you have to treat them as such by nagging.

I hate to nag, but why do I even have to. Heres the thing, If you are suspose to take out the trash, take it out. If there are dirty dishes in the sink, wash them. Pick your dad blamed clothes up off the floor, dont wait for me to do it. Flush the damn toliet. Yes, the dogs need fresh water every day, you shouldnt have to be told to do something when it is soooo obvious.

Quote:
How would women feel if their husband also nagged them?
I know what needs done and do it without having to be reminded over and over like a child. I realize I cook supper and dont sit and wait until someone begs me too. I do laundry when its dirty and dont have to be told to do it. I dont procrastinate when Im asked to do something. So I guess if I was nagged, Id realize hey, your not pulling your weight, get up off your duff and act like an adult.

Yes, this is a pet peeve of mine. Rant over for now.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
I fully agree that the no-nagging approach depends upon having a spouse who pitches in and doesn't need a lot of reminders.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
I'm bossy more often than I'd like to admit. I'm used to being the "head of household" and when I was a single working mom, I ran a tight ship.

Intellectually I know that nagging is not productive. I know how insulting and degrading it is. I try not to nag yet sometimes I get frustrated and can't hold my tongue.

I do make an effort though. And when I bite my tongue, I'm often relieved to learn that my husband almost always comes through and does what needs to be done. It's just that he usually waits until the last possible minute before I burst with frustration.

And he's not without fault either. He nags at me all the time! Only when men do it, they don't call it "nagging" they spin it in positive terms like "taking care of business" or "delegating" or "making suggestions".

Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
There's a direct correlation between the amount of nagging a woman does and the amount of hair growing in a man's ear.

Nature has its own way of dealing with all problems.

Last edited by RedJacket; 08-11-2010 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: none

Old 08-11-2010, 01:19 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,798 times
LOL! I will remember that, think first.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:52 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,343,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
well I think in the beginning I expected so much of him and it became so overwhelming. I was expecting him to read my mind and then I would get angry. I just stop expecting him to be so perfect. Its still a process but Im learning.
Oh that is a great way to drive him nuts, stress him out and give him migraines.

Don't nag. Not worth your time and effort. You'll hate it, he'll hate it. He'll do things half azzed because of it.

And no, don't stand there over him watching him and no don't tell him how to do it or how it should be done.

Do not ask him to do the dishes while he's in the bathroom and then get mad because he's not getting to them ASAP.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
My wife doesnt nag. What most women would usually nag a guy about I usually take care of myself before she has to say anything. What I did teach her to do is, to think before she opens her mouth. There is a way to ask someone to do things without sounding like a nag or worse yet a negative person. Bi**hes need to be taught certain things. You know.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:58 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,328,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
My wife doesnt nag. What most women would usually nag a guy about I usually take care of myself before she has to say anything. What I did teach her to do is, to think before she opens her mouth. There is a way to ask someone to do things without sounding like a nag or worse yet a negative person. Bi**hes need to be taught certain things. You know.
Ummm...Lao, did you just call your wife a Bi*tch?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:03 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Ummm...Lao, did you just call your wife a Bi*tch?
Not her per se, but I did mean women in general.

But let us not stray from the topic at hand okay?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:05 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
I think I have mentioned one of my solutions to the nagging situation.
Silence and trash bags.
If the clothes lay on the floor on the third day they are placed in the garabage. Same goes for personal items left where they dont belong.
I do my laundry only. So if he dosent want to be nagged about laundry ok, it will be him with no clean clothes.
If dishes are left in the sink, I dont cook.
If something dosent get fixed. I call someone else to do it. Talk about a man feeling emasculated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships