Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
I don't know , my 80-something old great uncle used to hit on younger women all the time. His line was, " Honey, you got some purty teeeeth." He was hitting on the nurses just before he died.
Well, how about a 80-year-old woman? How does she find somebody significantly older...? She'll have to turn into a necrophile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, how about a 80-year-old woman? How does she find somebody significantly older...? She'll have to turn into a necrophile.
Genesis 5. The Holy Bible: King James Version.

They say the bible gives hope! Maybe this is what they meant. It would certainly explain why there are so many white-haired ladies in church.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
they will always want the younger women, the younger they can get them the better b/c it boosts their ego and they feel they can run all over some really young girl. Most grown women wouldn't allow it.
Not always, my ideal preference is close to my age, but aging well. But average looks for age with a fantaistic attitude trumps a younger woman with an ok attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Oh man, this is SO true. I also look much younger than my 43 years. I am dating a man who is 54, but that's just 11 years, not a biggie to me now. But when I was on there, some days I would only get messages from men over 60.
I do know that the majority of men our age are still married...
Hope he's a young 54 if you look young. From your pics you could pass for 30 something, if he looks 60 you have a 25ish percieved age difference.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 04-10-2012 at 09:36 AM..

Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not always, my ideal preference is close to my age, but aging well. But average looks for age with a fantaistic attitude trumps a younger woman with an ok attitude

I only see men going on about the pluses of some woman's attitude and then 20 minutes later saying 'if she's not attractive enough I won't even talk to her.' Personally I don't think they give a crap about attitude vs. looks -- but if you say so.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
I only see men going on about the pluses of some woman's attitude and then 20 minutes later saying 'if she's not attractive enough I won't even talk to her.' Personally I don't think they give a crap about attitude vs. looks -- but if you say so.
looks always matter. Personality is situational .. if i'm looking to get laid , i don't care what her personality is like.

if i'm looking to "date", then personality is a huge deal.

Women do a similar sort of thing ; nice and sweet girls will occasionally have a one-night stand with some guy who is totally out of their league in terms of dating. Then the next guy they date, they'll make him wait for months for anything physical, all the while talking a big game about being chaste and "not moving too fast," et cetera. We all "use" people in different ways for different needs, it's just that not everyone acknowledges they do this.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 AM

31,046 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Just like you I don't speak for anyone but myself. Am I representative of the average male population? Probaly not, but I bet I represent at least 10% of the male population and thats 700,000,000 of us.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:46 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Just like you I don't speak for anyone but myself. Am I representative of the average male population? Probaly not, but I bet I represent at least 10% of the male population and thats 700,000,000 of us.

You're not representative of the men I've come across, no, but alright I'll go with your 10% of the male population as a possibility....The rest must be living in foreign countries or something

Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Well dating and relating are different for me. If I just want to go out for some fun, age dont matter. But building a realtionship with someone that I might like to spend the rest of my life with, day in day out, bills, health issues, conversations about life, unconditionally, etc... Well for me, that would take someone pretty close to my age culture and maturity. I think they call that compatibility?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
IF you want to date someone your age, that's fine, but telling others they should date their own age? You might as well be telling someone they should only date their own race, or religion, etc. Why does it bother you what others do so much? I can understand the frustration of being pursued by a group you have on interest in dating, but life is too short to take a shot at what you truly desire. These men hitting you up have nothing to lose.

As for me, I'm about to be 37 and I will not date woman my age or older. My dating pool is 24-33 which is just fine because I look 30. When I was in my early 20's, I dated my age. When I was in my late 20's, I dated 22 up to 32. As I get older, the age will adjust to be closer to my age, but because i'm young at heart, and I don't have the same "we're old" mindset that everyone in my age group, men and woman seems to have, I will probably never date my age. At least not anytime soon. I can't stand listening to someone say "I'm too old for this _____". Or living life as such. I'm not going to waste what's left of my youth on someone trying to speed up the aging process but rather enjoying it. I have found woman in the 26-29 the most enjoyable to date, therefore I will continue to date from this age group as long as I can. However, I don't limit myself to 26-29, as mentioned before, I'll go as low as 24, and up to 32 or 33. One day, I will not be able to. There is no sense in me speeding that process up. I'm sure I'll get some snarky comments for not conforming to what some uber conservative individual feels I should do. Fortunately for me, I get to live my life the way I want to.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:11 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
They say the bible gives hope! Maybe this is what they meant. It would certainly explain why there are so many white-haired ladies in church.
Darn, maybe I should try one more time to read this book!

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-10-2012 at 03:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships