Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 AM

5 posts, read 15,228 times

Advertisements

First of all I cant believe I found this site and found the flirting question when I did. I also cant believe how many of you have the same opinion as myself. I only wish my husband held the same opinion. This past weekend while at a house party my husband placed his hand in the center of the hostesses back while helping her get a bowl down from the cupboard, he also offered to drop off <at the couples house> a recipe she had asked for, and finally when we were leaving, he craned his neck into the air and kissed into the air beside her. So, of course I,ve told him how all of this has upset me and that I dont like it. Well, he doesnt remember touching her and if he did it was to stabilize himself while reaching over top of her. Thought that dropping off the recipe was nothing more than being nice. Last but not least if he did blow a kiss it was for everyone in the room. I believe he was flirting and he just says hes being nice. We cant seem to come to an agreement on this. I,ve asked him the same question posed in this forum and gotten no reply. I also asked him to read the other replies here, hoping that someone elses reply here could explain what I,ve been trying to say. That was 3 days ago and nothing. Thats about it. I think that flirting sends out signals that you are available. When you are in a marriage you are
no longer available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 01:40 PM

44 posts, read 170,789 times
Default That is sooooo wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I tend to be a flirt. My rule of thumb is: if my husband could see me right now, would this bother him and/or would I feel uncomfortable knowing he sees this? That is how I judge if what I am doing is just mild fun or going too far.

I think touching hands and blowing kisses is almost surely too far. I also think it depends on who you are talking to. I spend a lot of time with senior citizens and every once in a while I'll come across an old widower who will tell me how pretty I am. I always give a wink as a response...it means nothing to me but it always puts a smile on their face. But I wouldn't wink at a man my own age who is showing signs of interest.

Typical female attitude! Does your husband flirt?

Don't lead men on-no matter what age, especially if they can still catch up to you! You really should cultivate some street smarts.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:10 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,585,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
First of all I cant believe I found this site and found the flirting question when I did. I also cant believe how many of you have the same opinion as myself. I only wish my husband held the same opinion. This past weekend while at a house party my husband placed his hand in the center of the hostesses back while helping her get a bowl down from the cupboard, he also offered to drop off <at the couples house> a recipe she had asked for, and finally when we were leaving, he craned his neck into the air and kissed into the air beside her. So, of course I,ve told him how all of this has upset me and that I dont like it. Well, he doesnt remember touching her and if he did it was to stabilize himself while reaching over top of her. Thought that dropping off the recipe was nothing more than being nice. Last but not least if he did blow a kiss it was for everyone in the room. I believe he was flirting and he just says hes being nice. We cant seem to come to an agreement on this. I,ve asked him the same question posed in this forum and gotten no reply. I also asked him to read the other replies here, hoping that someone elses reply here could explain what I,ve been trying to say. That was 3 days ago and nothing. Thats about it. I think that flirting sends out signals that you are available. When you are in a marriage you are
no longer available.
This doesn't sound kosher to me. But of course confronting him about it, of course he's NOT going to admit that he was flirting I think the next time you all go out, you should do a little innocent flirting with a good looking guy while he's right there, oh and don't 4 get to be a little slick about how you do it

Old 10-05-2007, 07:17 AM

44 posts, read 170,789 times
Thumbs down Double standard here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
This doesn't sound kosher to me. But of course confronting him about it, of course he's NOT going to admit that he was flirting I think the next time you all go out, you should do a little innocent flirting with a good looking guy while he's right there, oh and don't 4 get to be a little slick about how you do it

I honestly like to know why when a woman does this its called (harmless) flirting and when a man does it it's called cheating!!???

Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,795,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beergoddess View Post
no longer available.
Of course he's flirting ~ you know it, and he knows it.

Without indulging in demeaning tit-for-tat flirtfests, trying to one-up him, my best advice to you, would be:

*you have explained to him, that his behavior is flirtatious and sending out signals. He refuses to own up to his behavior ~ which should tell you, that he isn't overly concerned about your feelings.
*with the DISRESPECTFUL way he is treating you, in front of other people, I would REFUSE to accompany him anywhere else, under the circumstances. I would not be comfortable with my own husband flirting.
*realize that, unless you are prepared to accept a serial adulterer, your marriage may be nearing it's end. Take whatever steps - mental, emotional, and financial - you need to take, to protect yourself. Make sure you have a good job - sounds like you're going to need one.

JMO

Old 10-05-2007, 07:35 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,311,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBoy View Post
I honestly like to know why when a woman does this its called (harmless) flirting and when a man does it it's called cheating!!???
YEAH!!!! TELL HER!!!! GO BOY!!!!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBoy View Post
I didn't see the word "cheating" in my post - did you?

Old 10-09-2007, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 13,906 times
Default email affair

I want to thank all the married men who are man enough to realize that flirting is just plain WRONG when you're married. I recently re-discovered my husbands email flirting with a 27 year old hottie in his office. He swears (and I believe) that it would never go to the next level, and he loves me blah blah blah. But it still hurts too damn much to want to forgive and forget...does that make sense or amy I being petty ?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay at home mom View Post
I want to thank all the married men who are man enough to realize that flirting is just plain WRONG when you're married. I recently re-discovered my husbands email flirting with a 27 year old hottie in his office. He swears (and I believe) that it would never go to the next level, and he loves me blah blah blah. But it still hurts too damn much to want to forgive and forget...does that make sense or amy I being petty ?
Absolutely not. but you said "re-discovered"? Does this mean that you this is not the first time and that he and the co-worker were flirting?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:47 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,533,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamInShape View Post
Is it ok to flirt with other people when you are married?? If the answer is yes--how far do we go with the flirting??? Touching hand??? Winks?? Flirty Smile??? Blowing kisses???
depends where.
in the south flirting and the followup are 2 diff worlds good boundaries
on the coast its very blurred.
overall these days, marriages are weak so are friendships,
dont shake the tree too much.
sound ok to you?
stephen s
san diego ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships