Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,214,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
You are clearly not relationship material if you are so adamant about doing what you want to do regardless of what is going on with your partner.

Right, this is where my confusion lies!

Should I have gone home with him and sat around doing nothing while he was on the team’s website spending no time with me?

Am I a bad girlfriend for knowing this is what the night would consist of and going out instead?

AM I supposed to stop living my life the way I choose to because he has decided he is going to cut out things from his?

It’s not like I dragged the people who were with us back to my place and told them they could party there, I went out. I even slept fully clothed on our couch so I wouldn’t wake him when I came home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
VG will protest only with us. We can reciprocate by listening to her rants, which can be at least morally supportive.

I appreciate you listening to my rants.

As I have said before AC, sometimes I just want someone to listen, not necessarily even any advice at all – although in this case I was just so confused I needed an outsider’s perspective. I don’t feel comfortable with talking to “real life” people about this stuff. A lot of my friends and family are biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,636,492 times
I bump into more lonely people who are in a relationships than those who aren't in a relationship.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:05 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,274,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
[FONT=Verdana]
[FONT=Verdana]Now today I don't know whether to be mad at him or feel bad. I understand his frustration at our Sunday together being wasted because I was hungover, but I don't think he needed to speak to me the way he did. He was telling me I should show him more support on his diet/alcohol ban while encouraging me to go out and celebrate at the same time.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
I think just showing my screen name here will be answer enough.

However, you are correct: He didn't need to speak to you the way he did. And that is what you should tell him. "You don't need to talk to me that way."

And then you should say, "And I don't need your stupid-arse little boy tantrums or anything else you have to offer me, which is why those three big guys are standing in the doorway: Today is my moving day."

But you knew this.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,342,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
People who love each other don't treat each other this way.

I think you and he are both starting to realize the relationship has run its course.

Of course seeing that can be very frustrating I'm sure. After all, you've invested years in something that is not working out.

Be honest with yourselves and each other - end it with some dignity.
Ditto!

We've seen enough of VG's posts to know what this guy is like. Why stay with this abuse is beyond me

Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 PM

326 posts, read 838,363 times
Sounds like my EX! RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN FAST!

Unless he feels bad for how he acted, and wants to change, NOTHING will change. Stop wasting your precious time on this planet.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Introduce him to the curb.

Old 09-12-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Why stay with this abuse is beyond me
Have you ever heard the saying “love is blind (deaf, dumb)”?

Old 09-12-2010, 09:55 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:

Right, this is where my confusion lies!

Should I have gone home with him and sat around doing nothing while he was on the team’s website spending no time with me?

Am I a bad girlfriend for knowing this is what the night would consist of and going out instead?

AM I supposed to stop living my life the way I choose to because he has decided he is going to cut out things from his?

It’s not like I dragged the people who were with us back to my place and told them they could party there, I went out. I even slept fully clothed on our couch so I wouldn’t wake him when I came home.

I appreciate you listening to my rants.

As I have said before AC, sometimes I just want someone to listen, not necessarily even any advice at all – although in this case I was just so confused I needed an outsider’s perspective. I don’t feel comfortable with talking to “real life” people about this stuff. A lot of my friends and family are biased.

I think if you really loved him and he was really "the one", you wouldn't have to ask the questions. You wouldn't WANT to go out and drink and party when he has given it up. I suspect you know this already.

I've been there. I cared and I wanted to be supportive and respectful so I did not drink. I WANTED to help, not dismiss it and say that his fight had nothing to do with me and I shouldn't have to change my life because of that.

In the end it didn't matter, but that's another story. LOL

Regardless, it's not cool for him to talk to you that way.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:14 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Have you ever heard the saying “love is blind (deaf, dumb)”?
Don't EVEN try to call what you have with that man "love"

That's offensive to people who really do know what love is!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Don't EVEN try to call what you have with that man "love"

That's offensive to people who really do know what love is!
What would you call it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships