Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:21 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times

Advertisements

He has no right to speak to you like garbage.

He is completely out of line.

Does that help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 04:35 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Hang on, no need to go on the attack. Relax. I am wondering what you guys think as I am often so confused about my feelings.

Is he right – if in his eyes I have treated him like crap does he in fact have a right to speak to me like that?

OR

Is he completely out of line?
He is out of line no matter what. 2 wrongs don't make a right you know....and given what you say you did i don't see how he could even think you treat him like crap. He is just a little boy pissy because god forbid you ruin his chance to see a sports event.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:37 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,865,915 times
Quote:
Thank you for that completely unnecessary, salt in the wound comment..

Perhaps that will make you realize you need to leave him yes? Too often people will sugarcoat it rather then tell the truth. She is right....maybe a bit harsh but you can do better.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Sometimes, loves, I wonder if you are actually connected with the reality of the rest of the world

<runs for cover now>
When you have credentials as a mental health professional THEN you can critisize what I do and don't know Ant, and I know you are too high tech in the financial industry to have likely even had psych 101 in college.

The reality is, YOU are the one not connected to the reality of the what makes people tick

Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Hang on, no need to go on the attack. Relax. I am wondering what you guys think as I am often so confused about my feelings.

Is he right – if in his eyes I have treated him like crap does he in fact have a right to speak to me like that?

OR

Is he completely out of line?

VG, this is not rocket science - work with us here honey!

HE IS NOT RIGHT.

HE IS COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Saggitarius.
Ah so.

He needs to be the center of your attention then. Ironic, typically a Sagittarius will tell you what he things whether you ask or not.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-15-2010, 09:54 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
We all have heard it, but some of us choose to rise above it. Being blind or deaf doesn't mean you have to hand the jerk your brain cells. Are you proud of being dumb?

THAT^^ is so true!

BINGO!

Kudos to you, Busta.

You're exactly right, Busta. Whether it's a food addiction, smoking, or drinking/drugs, in order to change the addiction, one has to change their environment. Busta did by convincing his wife to stop drinking along with him - different environment. I quit smoking on a cruise. Your b/f (if you insist on calling him that) is trying to give up food AND his drug of choice. BUT

NONE OF THAT EXCUSES his being abusive. OR you being abusive/callous. You are obviously both dumb (your choice of phrase) and are calling this co-dependent living together arrangement a relationship of love is proof of your dumb-ness. WAKE up. Coffee's on!
Thanks for the kudos NY Annie.

And you are so right about it being no excuse for this guys behavior.

My wife would never put up with me acting that way, nor should she.

Also, if my daughter's BF treated her this way he would have to answer to me and I doubt he would like the outcome.

I don't understand why some people allow others to treat them bad when it's so easy to find someone who will treat you good.

busta

Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 PM

48,537 posts, read 34,891,275 times
If my memory serves from other posts - not out of character for him right?

If he is consistent in his treatment of you... than what advice can be given? It's who he is.

The appropriate question would be why do you stay?

Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,055,023 times
Quote:
Ok let me make one thing clear: he is not an alcoholic.

You should learn to post more clearly because this sure sounds like he is.

(My boyfriend is currently on a diet and off the alcohol.)

Quote:
Same with me. My dad was abusive towards my mom both verbally and physically. I remember even as a child, yelling at her to leave him, much the same as you guys are doing now with me.
Children learn from parents so it's a very good chance that you will put up with this type of treatment because it's ingrained into your way of thinking from your parents lifestyle.

busta

Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,214,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The appropriate question would be why do you stay?
Because I keep hoping things will change.

Because even though I feel like I have never been treated worse in a relationship, I also feel like I have never been treated better. 90% of the time things are amazing between us (yes, believe it or not) and I don’t know if I want to give that up for the 10% where things are bad.

Because I am confused as all hell. Whenever I tell people of the good things he does for me, they tell me how rare and wonderful a man like that is.

Because it means starting all over again after 9 years.

Because it means losing a friendship that was there before the relationship, one that means a lot to me (yes it would be gone, there is no way he’d remain friends with me, yes I know that for sure).

Because it means dealing with all this behaviour of his, TEN FOLD.

Because I am petrified..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships