Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2010, 11:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,595,057 times

Advertisements

Wow, black finger nails and binoculars. That turns me on!!!! Okay, not! Actually it makes me want to run away, far away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 04:18 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
But while those tactics (a thing I NEVER denied) WILL get you laid, you'll end up facing eventualities.

- It's nice getting laid; but women who respond to "tactics" from you will be looking for "tactics" all along. The "game" will never end for you because you'll constantly have to either endure short relationships OR you'll be perpetually one-upping this game. You got in with a smooth line you read somewhere, a recommendation some bloke gave you for a "sure pick-up" -- but where do you go from there? And did this chick dig YOU, or the line? Riddle me this, Batman...

- Women with any degree of self-respect will eventually... not right away, but eventually... take a look at the relationship and realize they're being treated in a way which is damaging to them. You ever heard the old chestnut for every hot woman out there, there's a guy who's sick of her $#!+ ? You ever heard that? It means the tricks of a quick game don't last, and that goes for men and women alike.

- Women who regularly fall for this stuff are the same women who always cried on the shoulders of guys like you about their mean, awful boyfriends, weeping into your arms... and then telling you how wonderful you are as they leave, before stopping off to boff Mr. Awful's brains out on her drive home. They're objects for him and they're users of guys who aren't the type to take advantage. Do you want one of those for a mate? After fifty times of you thinking "I'm her friend and I care about her but she keeps sleeping with jerks" do you still actually respect her? Will you respect her in a month? Six months? A year?

As for all this PUA nonsense being argued about...

Remember, it works, really WORKS -- short-term on confident and capable women just as certain things work short-term on confident and capable men; NO ONE is above manipulation in toto; and it works repeatedly on weaker women and men -- repeatedly. That means over and over... which does NOT suggest anything even remotely resembling a permanent relationship... which suggests quantity rather than quality.

With whom do these guys end up? Do they marry eventually? What kind of woman would a PUA ever actually marry?

Would it be a woman who was BETTER than the endless line of women who actually bought into his game? What kind of woman was it who actually earned his respect?

Ah, the old "real women don't fall for Game" hogwash. Since this is the premise of your argument against guys learning to improve their skills with women, what evidence do you have to support your position?

Another flaw in your argument against Game is that you're using a straw man. Because you disagree with how some men and women use game to have multiple partners, you frame it as though ALL people use Game for is for sleeping with multiple partners. I've said it before and I'll said it again: Game itself is amoral. Any morality that may come into play is all dependent on how it is applied by the practitioner. On the other hand, society is changing. Hookup culture is a good example and it's not uncommon to have sex first and relationships second. The only logical response is to learn to hookup with women in the first place to get the date after the fact. That's a very real fact of modern dating life that is lost on a lot of the posters here.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yes, PUA's are losers. Here is your king.

YouTube - Mystery Interview
Mystery Method is one of the early flavors of structured game. These are better example:

YouTube - Neil Strauss picks up Jessica Alba on Jimmy Kimmel

YouTube - Style (Neil Strauss) on The View

Notice how they try to tool him, but he holds his own. Mystery failed with Conan, but Strauss held his own. My point is that you cannot judge the merits of the system applied to the individual based on press interviews. It could go good or it could go bad. What matters is that it works, it's repeatable, and it can change your life. For example:

Some pics of his life before having Game

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5945/adampregame.jpg

After learning Game

His GF on Halloween
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3...ahalloween.jpg

Full pic
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8...tgamecando.jpg

Wedding Day
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5352/weddings.jpg

Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You think PUAs are the losers?

I think his point is that we all lose, including women who waste away their youth chasing non-committal badboys. Your presupposition is still that these PUA/badboys are the predators and young women are the prey. Roissy's saying that PUAs are simply giving women exactly what they want.
People exist outside the PUA sphere, though. While that social microcosm is destroying itself, other people will carry on. It's not like the self-destructive nature of game theory is going to cause some kind of apocalypse. Who is the successful specimen (in terms of evolution): the PUA who never procreates or the ordinary man with three kids?

Old 10-04-2010, 05:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
You claim that Roissy and his disciples want "sincerity, honesty and supportiveness", and merely teach men how to get those things. This is patently contradicted by Roissy's statements, in which he teaches men to treat women with cruelty, disdain, lack of consideration, and overt lack of respect. Cruelty, disdain, inconsiderateness and lack of respect on the one hand and "sincerity, honesty and supportiveness" on the other are mutually exclusive. Are you really trying to convince us that you are being "sincere, honest and supportive" towards women that you make every effort NOT to respect? Or is it the other way around, that you believe some day, some nice girl that you treat as a subhuman, will be sincere, honest and supportive towards you?
What's bizarre is that Roissy claims to want women who are more conservative and feminine--

A Plea to the Feminine

Quote:
I’m not asking women to become helpless dependent waifs. I’m asking for at least some gratuitous gestures of femininity, because nothing makes a man feel like a man more than being needed by his woman.
--yet the more conservative women seem to speak against PUA theory the most. The statement above? I believe it. I also believe that good women, the ones that many PUAs want deep down, won't have anything to do with men who act like this. Wouldn't a man rather feel needed for being a genuinely good, strong, dependable man, not a self-made "bad boy" who makes a woman doubtful and inadequate?

Old 10-04-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Wrong.

A 40-year old man will date just about ANYONE he can get and 40-year old woman is particular about who she spends her time with. Of course she "dates" less, she's about 98% more selective.

The only exception to this is females known as "cougars"; you know, the ones who exercise regularly, keep their looks up AND have money. Trust me, they ARE NOT starving for companionship.

And do you know the kind of 20-year old woman who wants a 40-year old man? A gold digger or someone who has daddy issues. Good luck with that.
Pure unadulterated projection mixed with ego protecting delusion.

Post 40 women have fewer options. This is pure fact--there's simply less available men to go around than women as men die younger and naturally are not opposed to dating much younger women. This is contrasted by female hypergamy, aka marrying up.

Mother Nature is not a feminist.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:08 AM

50 posts, read 74,337 times
Quote:
The overwhelming majority of women are NOT turned off by men who are sensitive, kind and compassionate, but quite the opposite -- which is why men with small children get all that attention. Don't kid yourself; your average woman is much more turned on by a man who will go out of his way to save someone's life than by someone who will point at a person in pain and laugh uproariously. The mistake PUA's make is that they confuse sensitivity, kindness and compassion with clinginess, dependency and cowardice. It's no wonder they can't tell the difference -- since neither intelligence nor decency are in their nature.
ROFL!!! yo, y'all have lost touch wit all reality. u say this like its so matter of fact "the overwhelming majority of women..." blah blah blah. u dont have no proof of that. a whole rack of chicks are turned off by that nice guy ish. u think dudes just be making that ish up. please. the only women who want nice dudes is the old women who already been had by the bad boys in their youth as is all washed up. after they been tossed out by the badboys, then they be talking that "oh, i wanna a nice guy" this and that. best believe, if these chicks looked at 40 the way dey did at 20 they'd still be on dem badboys..

YouTube - 2pac Talks About Being Nice To Girls

"I can't leave 'em him alone, these badboys keep turnin me on." -Ciara

YouTube - Ciara - Can't Leave 'Em Alone ft. 50 Cent

YouTube - Rihanna - Rude Boy

"Hot boy, baby u got wat I want."_Missy

YouTube - Missy Elliott - Hot Boyz [Video]

"He has these little games that he plays, clever little ways and a hot boy style." -Mya, a straight up D.C. chick

YouTube - Mya - The Best Of Me ft. Jadakiss

Old 10-04-2010, 08:15 AM

If I could... could forget him
I would... please believe me
And I know that I should throw the towel in
But baby it's not... not that easy
You treat me so much better than him
And if I was sane there'd be no competition
But I'm in love with someone else
And I'm so sorry
I'm in love with another man
And I know it aint right

You should go and find someone else
Who can treat you right
Give you the world
Someone who understands the man you are
Baby you shine so bright
And I would just dim your star
A girl who'll treat you like you treat them
Boy I know there's plenty women
Who would love to have a man like you
But I'm in love with someone else...
I'm so sorry baby
I know I aint right... no no no no no no
For what I did to you baby

I can't explain why it's him and not you
But at the end of the day baby I just don't want to
Cause he aint no doctor
And we always seem to fight, he got the perfect body
And sometimes he don't even treat me right
Oh but when I'm with him, but when I'm with him
Hay When I'm with him, aint nobody else like it
I'm so sorry baby that I have to do this to you
But I can't go on pretending...
Cause I love him, I love him
And I'm so sorry... do you hear me?
I'm so sorry but I love that man
I love that man...

He aint always right , but he's just right for me

I'm in love with another man... and I'm so sorry...
But I love someone else...

YouTube - Jazmine Sullivan in love with another man

Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Not a complete choice. If a woman believes she does not HAVE a choice, she won't exercise it. Your idol teaches men how to convince a woman that she does not have a choice.

Not according to the rapist. According to the rapist, she had a choice whether or not to make herself vulnerable to him by walking through "his" neighborhood alone, by being out of the house, by being female, etc. It's the same kind of thinking that inspires your belief that women who are abused by their men are abused because they enjoy it.

Besides, the reasoning behind your philosophy on dismantling a woman's self-esteem is circular: your ilk seek to convince a woman that she is worthless so they can abuse her, and then claim that the fact that she is abused proves she is worthless. "Logic", my foot.
how my man antoine dodson say, "You are dumb, you are really really dumb."

Man, chicks have all the choice. ain't nobody manipulate them into lettin' some thug bang 'em. if they got banged by a jerk its becuase they WANTED to get banged by jerk. you livin' in la la land. mad chicks want to get there backs banged out by jerks cuz they want the drama and fun of the chase

your second paragraph, what??????? that makes no sense youngin. ain't no chicks runnin around talking about "Rape me"! there are mad crazy chicks who go after dudes who dont pay them no attention and then they chase em like hell.

ain't nobody tryin' to convince a woman of nothin. most of these chicks know da job is dangerous when dey took it. u can't go around blamin' dudes when ish dont work out the way u want it and then start cryin' like "oh, he used me," blazay. if a youngin wants a thug she gonna find herself a thug. if nice and flowers and candy worked then dudes would do that ish. but it dont so dudes figure they give em what they want.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Huricane DC,

the best advice i can give 2 u is to say dont listen to dem ppl who be sayin "oh..be nice" and "oh, real girls don't go for that" like i said b4 to u theres no good girls and bad girls theres just girls and they all dig the same thing. u a good dude and u like pretty girls right? well thugs and badboys like pretty girls too. it dont matter if u a good person because in the end we all end up fallin for the same thing.

but see u gotta understand y chicks like badboys so much. if a chick is jive pretty then she used to dudes sayin "oh, you so pretty" and "Oh, can i take you to the movies" and all that. but when a dude come along he aint sweatin her out, she think "what? this dude aint tryna get with me. i'll show him.' see, then that sets off a spark in her mind and make her competitive. when a dude treat a fine chick like she dont matter then the chick will work to make herself matter to that man. thats the way it works

if u listen to urban and this chick redisca, i PROMISE u, that girl u like is gonna say "we can be friends.' then she'll come to you cryin and talk about all the badboys she been sleepin with and having fun with. u don't want that dog. dont let no chick put in da friend zone man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships