Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 11:57 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I'm not a big fan of dating. I'll admit, I'd rather just skip all the awkward getting to know you dates and just be in the comfortable and intimate stages of a relationship.

But alas, right now I am dating, and there's not much I can do about it . And of course, everyone gives me different advice. One friend says I should date as much as I can, and date multiple guys at once so I don't focus on just one. Another says I should just get back with my ex, and another says I should just wait till I meet someone I'm really excited about.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone else dating who feels kind of burnt out? What do you do to stay interested? And how long should you date someone before you know that they're not right for you?

I'm dating someone now and I don't know if I'm getting irritated with him or the whole concept of dating in general. I think it may be both.
I think you have answered your own question! Read your own words above in red type. We all agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 12:05 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you have answered your own question! Read your own words above in red type. We all agree with you.
Yikes ! Someone sounds a little negative, are you having a bad day? Save the attitude for your husband or wife or dog or whoever puts up with you on a daily basis .

Old 09-19-2010, 04:09 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of dating. I'll admit, I'd rather just skip all the awkward getting to know you dates and just be in the comfortable and intimate stages of a relationship.

But alas, right now I am dating, and there's not much I can do about it . And of course, everyone gives me different advice. One friend says I should date as much as I can, and date multiple guys at once so I don't focus on just one. Another says I should just get back with my ex, and another says I should just wait till I meet someone I'm really excited about.

Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone else dating who feels kind of burnt out? What do you do to stay interested? And how long should you date someone before you know that they're not right for you?

I'm dating someone now and I don't know if I'm getting irritated with him or the whole concept of dating in general. I think it may be both.

The ex is an ex for a reason so put him out of the picture. I say date a guy maybe 2 at a time and get to know him. If you click....you clik....if not move on. The problem with dating lots of people at one time is often you get overloaded.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:36 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
The ex is an ex for a reason so put him out of the picture. I say date a guy maybe 2 at a time and get to know him. If you click....you clik....if not move on. The problem with dating lots of people at one time is often you get overloaded.
I agree. I don't want to date just to date. I want to really be excited about the person and I don't want to feel like I'm conducting interviews with multiple men. I want it to feel fun not stressful.

I think most of my frustration was about the guy I was dating. I didn't feel like he was really making time for me, so I decided to break things off. It wasn't working for me.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:56 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
I agree. I don't want to date just to date. I want to really be excited about the person and I don't want to feel like I'm conducting interviews with multiple men. I want it to feel fun not stressful.

I think most of my frustration was about the guy I was dating. I didn't feel like he was really making time for me, so I decided to break things off. It wasn't working for me.
It only feels stressful when YOU make it stressful. If you make it fun then it'll be fun. But it starts with the way that you feel.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:43 PM

810 posts, read 1,578,982 times
Quote:
I told him some of my flaws. I then asked him what some of his were, and do you know what he told me? That he's a nice guy, and he's too nice .... ummmm yaaaa that's not a flaw! Nice try buddy.

don't give up, obviously this guy was a douchebag, what kind of answer is that?

Dating is painful but one day you will find a down toearthguy. You just have to kiss a lot of frogs and be patient. You will get better at the game and learn to read those red flags sooner. I second the person who said date 2 at a time.. at least at the beginning until you get a good feel about finding the right person. You were right about that guy, I would have drop him like a hot potato after that stupid selfcentered egocentric ridiculous dumbass answer.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:48 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:

Then just do that...take a person at a time and see if you click....if not then move on. You will get rid of the apples you don't like quicker and find the ones you do like quicker because more one on one time.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:44 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
I hear ya. I tried online dating after my last break-up, but I burnt out on all the disappointing first meets. I'm just putting the whole "dating" thing on the back burner for a while. I miss companionship, though. I mean, I have my cat, but it's just not the same.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:16 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Does it matter which one it is? Dating is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, it's time for a break.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Does it matter which one it is? Dating is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, it's time for a break.
absolutely agree with you Avienne,

dating is no fun for me right now because my best friend an boyfriend just got together and removed me from their life.

i'm a mess, feeling down, depressed and angry so i know i'm not in any situation to be dating someone. i met up with a guy last night cause he wanted to see me, and he's cute and all, but it wasn't fun, it was a chore.

it would be fun if i made it fun, but sadly there aren't any great personalitied guys or girls that i'm running into that would make dating fun.

so i'm in the background taking my break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships