Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 PM

11 posts, read 20,721 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm in a long-term relationship, in which have fallen in love with a Christian woman. I'm an experienced male nearing his 30s, while she is in her early twenties. The frustration here is...she wants to wait. In my opinion, I think it's complete bs to pay for a wedding just to get some sex-- although we've done other things, kudos to my efforts. Weddings and marriage make no sense to me. The American dream of having an expensive wedding just for a couple to stay together for their whole life is so completely irrational in my opinion. I will wait...but it's just such a sad story for my little-me.

MALE-ONLY THREAD.

Last edited by 997gt3; 09-28-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 06:03 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,980 times
Well, if marriage is an inconvenience to you , yet is important to her, and your mad about it. You may not be in love.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
Bravo for her!

Old 09-28-2010, 06:07 PM

11 posts, read 20,721 times
Would you wait?

Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
The only single factor that makes no sense to me is why the need to get marry in order to have sex for the first time???
I want to get marry one day but don't believe in that whole ''waiting till marriage'' thing...

Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
I don't think the two of you are compatible.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:17 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997gt3 View Post
Hi,

I'm in a long-term relationship, in which have fallen in love with a Christian woman. I'm an experienced male nearing his 30s, while she is in her early twenties. The frustration here is...she wants to wait. In my opinion, I think it's complete bs to pay for a wedding just to get some sex-- although we've done other things, kudos to my efforts. Weddings and marriage make no sense to me. The American dream of having an expensive wedding just for a couple to stay together for their whole life is so completely irrational in my opinion. I will wait...but it's just such a sad story for my little-me.
Well if marriage is a goal of hers, and she wants no part of being in a casual sexual relationship that has no chance of leading to marriage, why on earth would she have sex with you? She is marriage-minded and you aren't. there is nothing wrong with either of your opinions on this; you simply aren't compatible. (And I doubt you are in love.)

Old 09-28-2010, 06:30 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,424 times
Sounds like you want to nail and bail.

No one said you have to have a big expensive wedding. But marriage implies commitment. No, waiting isn't for everyone. Props to her for believing in something and sticking to it. If you actually loved her, you wouldn't push the issue and wouldn't be so worried about your 'little me'.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Good for her. Hopefully she reads this thread.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:37 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 997gt3 View Post
Hi,

Sounds like you two need to break up, because obviously you don't share the same thoughts on relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
The only single factor that makes no sense to me is why the need to get marry in order to have sex for the first time???
I want to get marry one day but don't believe in that whole ''waiting till marriage'' thing...
What's logical to you isn't logical for someone else, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, etc. etc. Apples and chocolate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships