Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:17 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,236,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
I would tend to think that a "few extra pounds" is normal. In my book, she looked much better in the top picture. The poor woman looks anorexic in her more recent movies.
i agree sleestak, she looks much better!

i remember sleestaks,,from the land of the lost!!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:04 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,555,130 times
Default The sad part is...

that the camera adds ten pounds. So if an actress looks normal on camera, that means she's possibly a little bit underweight. And if she looks skinny on camera... And it's also true that the angle of the picture can make a big difference as well, making her look great or awful! (I'm so glad that I'm not in the public eye!) And I also agree, she looks better in the top picture.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlekitten View Post
Remember in the old days... when women were celebrated for being full figured? ...look at all of Michaelangelo's old paintings? they have rolls and rolls of flesh. *giggles* I'm not saying the pink spare tires are healthy. . .but neither are today's "my-bones-stick-out-farther-than-yours" fad.
Yes, I remember..... I used to hand ole M.A. (that's what we called him back then) his Gatorade while he was painting that whole Chapel thingy...

Old 07-20-2007, 09:56 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
I agree Sleestak, the less skinny one is a much better look!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,374,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
Yes, I remember..... I used to hand ole M.A. (that's what we called him back then) his Gatorade while he was painting that whole Chapel thingy...
Oh VAFury, i wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, if I came across that way I apologize... I just notice in the older movies, the older paintings, the older books, the older anything that they didn't have this fixation on skin and bones look - like they do today. They had corsets, and busts, and hoop skirts, that yes, for all intensive purposes, made certain parts of you appear smaller, but to the same effect, increased the size of your boobs, or skinny the waist, to enhance the hips!! /sigh I don't think you can put a label on people, if they're this high, they should weigh "this much". because as long as your porportiaionly balanced - then no one should complain.
Specially if it's someone you're interested in emotionally, physically, etc.

IMO

Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlekitten View Post
Oh VAFury, i wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything, if I came across that way I apologize... I just notice in the older movies, the older paintings, the older books, the older anything that they didn't have this fixation on skin and bones look - like they do today. They had corsets, and busts, and hoop skirts, that yes, for all intensive purposes, made certain parts of you appear smaller, but to the same effect, increased the size of your boobs, or skinny the waist, to enhance the hips!! /sigh I don't think you can put a label on people, if they're this high, they should weigh "this much". because as long as your porportiaionly balanced - then no one should complain.
Specially if it's someone you're interested in emotionally, physically, etc.

IMO

Oh I know that. Just having fun because your comment started with "Do you remember when" and my immediate reaction was, "Gawd I hope no one here remembers that....

You're fine...

Old 07-20-2007, 10:39 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,854 times
Jennifer Connelly was sensational looking in "The Rocketeer" very curvy and NOT what I would call "overweight" by any means, nor would I call her a "big woman" either.

She's been one of my screen favorites since a very early movie she did called "Seven Minutes in Heaven" (She and I are the same age so it's not creepy to have a crush on her when we were both 15)

Now she's just another hollywood stick figure, not appealing.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:44 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,256,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
She's been one of my screen favorites since a very early movie she did called "Seven Minutes in Heaven" (She and I are the same age so it's not creepy to have a crush on her when we were both 15)
I chuckled that you added you two are the same age. I totally wouldn't have thought anything of it but since you did add that caveat, I guess it would be a little strange!

Old 07-20-2007, 12:05 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,561 times
I think if you're confident and dress nicely and take care of your nails and all that jazz, you should have no problem beating mean off with a stick no matter what your size.

I am 5'4 and weigh 140. A lot of women my age starve themselves, I'd rather eat what I want, work out and just be me. A good 6 lbs are probably in my boobs, I have a little tummy and a really great butt and legs. I think I'm sexy and if someone would rather have Calista than me, that's totally cool, it;s just a preference.

You have to have confidence. I have met women 250+ who do their thing and men love them because they are so much fun. I have met other women maybe just a little chubby who hide in a big sweatshirt and sulk, so it's no suprise no one likes them.

Embrace yourself...I love having cleavage when I wear a nice dress, I think it's the best accessory...I like having a butt. If you love yourself, the rest of the world will follow.

Old 07-20-2007, 12:10 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,374,452 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
If you love yourself, the rest of the world will follow.
I love this line. Someone should turn it into a bumper sticker. Kudos!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships