Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2007, 05:49 AM

562 posts, read 660,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Just curious about what the men-folk have to say.

I have a friend who is very attractive but she's about 30 lbs. overweight. Believe me, she has her choice of men, when we go out, guy's will flock to her . Im always amazed by all the attention she gets . Do men just prefer a woman with more meat on her bones ?
Guy's what's your opinion ?
I prefer women with more 'meat on the bones'. My spectrum is a wide one though... I'd say I have always liked women from 125 - 220 lbs. However, it's not the weight, just if they are proportioned well usually.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:21 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
I prefer women with more 'meat on the bones'. My spectrum is a wide one though... I'd say I have always liked women from 125 - 220 lbs. However, it's not the weight, just if they are proportioned well usually.

Is the cellulite and the rolls attractive too? Anyone who is carrying extra weight in gonna have it. I'm probably carring 10-12 extra pounds and I can't gid rid of the cellulite no matter how much I work out, the only way it goes away is when i drop the extra 12 pounds. I like the extra weight, it looks great when my jeans are on, but when i'm in a swimsuit - If I didn't have cellulite so bad i'd probably try to gain another 10 pounds.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM

523 posts, read 2,905,727 times
Everyone here keeps on referring to overweight women as being curvy (big boobs, big butt). So, I realize that guys like big boobs and butts but what if a girl is 30 lbs overweight but has small boobs and a flat butt? I'm just curious 'cause so many guys say that they prefer more meat on the bones but it appears that what they really mean is more meat on the chest and butt, not anywhere else!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:36 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
Everyone here keeps on referring to overweight women as being curvy (big boobs, big butt). So, I realize that guys like big boobs and butts but what if a girl is 30 lbs overweight but has small boobs and a flat butt? I'm just curious 'cause so many guys say that they prefer more meat on the bones but it appears that what they really mean is more meat on the chest and butt, not anywhere else!
I agree with Anu2. If a girl is carrying an extra 30 lbs. is the fat rolls on the stomach attractive too? and as I said earlier the cellulite from the thigh down to the knees and the flabby upper arms. (I'm not knockin anyone, trust me -i have a few of these problems myself.)

Old 07-23-2007, 10:55 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Hmmm, can you really tell if someone is 30lbs overweight or are we all just using that number in the generic sense? Women especially more than men can "hide" the bad parts and accentuate the good parts very well! I certainly can't ever tell how much a person weighs. I can tell the difference between waif thin, skinny, normal, fat, obese, and super obese but I can't tell if a person - man or woman - is 20lb, 30, or 40 lb overweight. For example, for a person who is 5'5", a normal weight range is between 114-160ish so does that mean if you don't mind a girl/guy being a little heavy then she'd have to way under 150 or under 190? I'm just curious b'c for folks who say they don't mind a little meat, do you really know how much extra "meat" a person is really carrying or is 30lb or whatever just an arbitrary number?

Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,343,169 times
I think its an arbitrary number and agree with you, weight is terribly hard to guesstimate.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:50 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Just curious about what the men-folk have to say.

I have a friend who is very attractive but she's about 30 lbs. overweight. Believe me, she has her choice of men, when we go out, guy's will flock to her . Im always amazed by all the attention she gets . Do men just prefer a woman with more meat on her bones ?
Guy's what's your opinion ?
Just more to squeese

Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM

245 posts, read 765,573 times
Quote:
Normally, I'd say that an extra thirty pounds is nothing. However, there are some women who just don't have the bone structure or figure to carry the weight gracefully. In their case, they probably should lose some of the extra weight. Sorry to be harsh, but it is what it is.... better to find out sooner. And ladies, if you have a male friend with a bad comb-over or hair growing out of his nose, do him a favor and clue him in.

On the bright side, most women probably judge themselves (and other women) more severely than we men do. Childbearing hips and thunder thighs are not deal breakers. If a woman is shaped like a Ford Expedition, that might be another story...

Old 07-24-2007, 07:01 AM

523 posts, read 2,905,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
And ladies, if you have a male friend with a bad comb-over or hair growing out of his nose, do him a favor and clue him in.
Hmmm, funny you should mention the comb-over. Last night, I went ahead and let a male friend know that he needs stop doing the comb-over thing and simply cut his hair super-short. I gave him the name and number of my hairdresser, too. On the one hand, I feel bad when I "tell it like it is" but on the other hand, I know this will help him--kind of like when people appear on "What not to Wear" (he hasn't gone on a date in years and he's only 33!). Actually, now that I'm starting to type the background story out, I think I need to start a new thread to get some opinions on this!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,294,655 times
Quote:
Hmmm, funny you should mention the comb-over. Last night, I went ahead and let a male friend know that he needs stop doing the comb-over thing and simply cut his hair super-short. I gave him the name and number of my hairdresser, too. On the one hand, I feel bad when I "tell it like it is" but on the other hand, I know this will help him--kind of like when people appear on "What not to Wear" (he hasn't gone on a date in years and he's only 33!). Actually, now that I'm starting to type the background story out, I think I need to start a new thread to get some opinions on this!
Yup. You got it... ACCEPT IT MAN!!!! I started losing my hair when I was 18 and still in High School so you can imagine my pain there...

Anyway, I never fought with accepting it so much. When it bothered me I'd wear a hat, but NEVER a comb-over or some obvious cover-up device that makes it look like I just can't deal with it.....

Now on a side story. My theory always was that I needed to wear a hat when I went out becuase I felt that women would be turned off to the thinning hair to some extent and would thus make the job of flirting and getting to know them more difficult and I'd get shot down much more frequently. I usually wouldn't let a woman see me without a hat until at least the third or fourth time I saw her.....

Think that sounds ludicrous??? Well, my wife all but admitted that she did NOT find bald men attractive in the slightest and was a bit shocked when she first saw me without a hat, but at that point she liked everything else about me (except for the crappy Hyundai I drove.. ) so she looked past that...

So in effect had I not worn hats out to bars I never would have been given the time of day by the woman who became my wife.....

Interesting eh???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.